What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

4 plants in the tent a week into flower. Top two and bottom right are Erdpurt x Friealand, two confirmed females. The unconfirmed sex plant bottom left is Ace's Nepal Mist, and the top right is also an unconfirmed sex ExF.

picture.php

picture.php

The top left plant (E x F) outgrew the other three males that were already culled, and it showed sex in one day. Very vigorous and stretchy. The other 4 E x F grew with strong indica genetics mostly looking like totem poles without lst to encourage branching.

Thanks for looking

Brother Nature

Hey guys, running a couple Afghaan 90's indoors at the moment. Loving how they're growing, and the initial smells are interesting, one is straight hashplant, somewhat expected, but the other smells exactly like rosemary, which I've never smelled in cannabis before. Can't wait till they flower.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything more about them? I know they're Dutch seeds from the 90's but that's pretty much it, does anyone know what seed co or breeder these may have come from? Pretty impressive that all I put down germ'd and grew considering they're 30 years old.

picture.php

picture.php

and here's the Male I've now placed outside:
picture.php

Brother Nature

Yeah I got the regular ones, from my understanding there's more variation with them and that's what I was looking for so went with the non-midget ones.

funkyhorse

RSC Malawi Gold showed himself male after 14 days and turned ladyboy very fast just four days later. I dont see many reports on this strain, the females seem firm and I am watching closely my second Malawi Gold boy. Am I the only one getting LGBT individuals from this strain or this is expected?
picture.php

meizzwang

RSC Malawi Gold showed himself male after 14 days and turned ladyboy very fast just four days later. I dont see many reports on this strain, the females seem firm and I am watching closely my second Malawi Gold boy. Am I the only one getting LGBT individuals from this strain or this is expected?
View Image

This happened with the original malawi gold from the defunct afropips, which I preseume is the original source for the RSC's line. Males that produce pistils are very common in this line. From my experience, there's a very high ratio of females to males, it makes me wonder if the line is 100% hermi. Sometimes, the males will look stable for a very long time and not show pistils until perhaps a month after the first flower opens. Interestingly, when grown under ideal conditions, there doesn't seem to be a high percentage of females that produce male flower parts, but the males do seem to hermi like crazy. Maybe this is the result of generations of selective pressure, not sure. Nobody cares if the male hermis, but everyone cares if the females do!

ngakpa

Veteran
I know they're Dutch seeds from the 90's but that's pretty much it, does anyone know what seed co or breeder these may have come from? Pretty impressive that all I put down germ'd and grew considering they're 30 years old.

thanks for sharing, great to see plants and descriptions of aromas of Afgaan 90

but please re-read the description

of course these aren't 30 year old seeds!

we germinated 30 year old seeds, then made news ones, which are what you're growing

very interested to hear what you get anyway

Brother Nature

we germinated 30 year old seeds, then made news ones, which are what you're growing

Yeah, thanks, that makes a lot more sense. :D I kind of like the fact I've not seen much about them, makes it more exciting to see what I'll get, like Christmas lol. :tiphat:

herblux

Germinated very old seeds

Germinated very old seeds

Hi mate!

Could you or your partner please please share some info on how you’d ideally go about germinating such old seed stock?

Did you use a light solution (1.5% or so) soak of hydrogen peroxide? SST? Aloe Vera? Cracked/scuffed the shell? ...

I’ve got some oldish seeds here, which I’d love to get a good germination rate from...tested 50% before buying.

ngakpa

Veteran
some info on how you’d ideally go about germinating such old seed stock?

the seeds had been kept dry in a freezer, so the germination rate was good

I can't comment directly on any of the techniques you mention

but most of what I see online so far as germination goes looks like people making rates worse

most seeds shouldn't need more than 24 hours in clean water then into seedling compost in a warm well-ventilated place (no plastic bags!!!)

wild-type seeds can respond well to the right manipulation

but seeds of domesticates like landraces and hybrids should not need anything fancy

herblux

the seeds had been kept dry in a freezer, so the germination rate was good

I can't comment directly on any of the techniques you mention

but most of what I see online so far as germination goes looks like people making rates worse

most seeds shouldn't need more than 24 hours in clean water then into seedling compost in a warm well-ventilated place (no plastic bags!!!)

wild-type seeds can respond well to the right manipulation

but seeds of domesticates like landraces and hybrids should not need anything fancy

Thank you very much. KISS sounds good to me.

ngakpa

Veteran
Is this bubble hash or kif?

garda is the most accurate term to use for specifically referring to raw dry-sieved resin glands

kif can be any form of Cannabis, though I've noticed people (mostly Americans, I think) like to use it as if it specifically refers to resin glands

ngakpa

Veteran
I think there is kif and kief.
Kif is bud with tobacco imo?

nope, they're just two ways of spelling the same word

Kif is another Arabic term like hashish that can mean cannabis

Kif means the Cannabis plant and its preparations

Kif can also mean "narcotic" like opium

The term is from the Arabic for "bliss" or "joy"

But looking at Wikipedia, it looks like Westerners have now decided kif or kief means resin glands ("trichomes"), same as happened with hashish

Paul Bowles used kif specifically to refer to the domesticates found in the Middle East and North Africa

Latest posts

Latest posts