• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ngakpa View Post
    to be fair, what I responded to was the meaning of your words

and re. "competition"

I'm not having a go at you, but it needs saying:

using false equivalence to frame "debates" is part of what has got the world into the mess it's now in

in other words:

when a Nancy Reagan style prohibitionist evangelist says cannabis is the work of the Devil and turns your kids into gay communists, no honest person pretends that opinion carries equal weight to the knowledge acquired over years of careful research by a scientist

same goes for when a dipshit boomer on a computer thinks he's discovered the truth about meteorology and knows better than the verifiable consensus among the world's climate scientists, which is now more rock solid than the consensus on tobacco causing cancer

no exaggeration

false equivalence is dangerous

I don't know if you're from the States or elsewhere, but the West needs to get a fucking grip right now, especially America

View Image
    i dont think it is fair at all to take my words and say your interpretation of them is the same ,im not offended but to me its a liberty lol,i would not do that to you ,, if its truth your after do not add or take away ,, im fully aware of the value of truth ,,i admitt i see little value in finding the first written accounts of hashish as to me they would carry little weight ,,who was in control of what was written and what was not back then? were they good honest wholesome people who represented the truth ? we simply dont know so its hard to use these accounts as little more than markers , they are nowhere near a proven truth imo ,,and before these written accounts we are unable find out what the knowledge and usage of hash on earth was to any satisfactory degree,, i doubt anyone will ever know so it seems like someone wants to find the first written accounts an put a flag there again i admitt that has zero value to me but that dont mean im against others putting value on it as im a believer that from our own unique experiances of life weve all got something to bring to the table

Comment

im starting to feel a ll foolish like they guy who trys to stop a domestic and both the husband and wife attack him lol

Comment

Originally posted by harvestreaper View Post
        im starting to feel a ll foolish like they guy who trys to stop a domestic and both the husband and wife attack him lol
        do you genuinely not see how this is exactly the false equivalence I'm talking about?

also, there's not an emotional dispute here

there's a question:

how did Cannabis originate and cannabis culture develop?

and to answer that there are broadly two approaches:

1. Google and Ctrl + F and pulling stuff out of your ass because it suits your self-image

2. research using scientific methodology by botanists etc and rigorous philological studies of ancient sources by Sanskritists

does it really need further explaining why putting those approaches on an equal footing is exactly the problem?

Comment

do you genuinely not see how this is exactly the false equivalence I'm talking about?

also, there's not an emotional dispute here

there's a question:

how did Cannabis originate and cannabis culture develop?

and to answer that there are broadly two approaches:

1. Google and Ctrl + F and pulling stuff out of your ass because it suits your self-image

2. research using scientific methodology by botanists etc and rigorous philological studies of ancient sources by Sanskritists

does it really need further explaining why putting those approaches on an equal footing is exactly the problem?
          you just quoted a humorous comment not a scientific fact or misinformation,,,,,i understand you,, i just see it a lil diffrent for me the truths were you hear it,, could be a botanist or a child truth makes no distinction,,were not judging on the work/effort put it were judging on the proven truth produced , not sure if you were referring to me with the self image stuff but i can tell you most assuredly truth dont care what you or i want it is what it is and that why i love it

Comment

you just quoted a humorous comment not a scientific fact or misinformation,,,,,i understand you,, i just see it a lil diffrent for me the truths were you hear it,, could be a botanist or a child truth makes no distinction,,were not judging on the work/effort put it were judging on the proven truth produced , not sure if you were referring to me with the self image stuff but i can tell you most assuredly truth dont care what you or i want it is what it is and that why i love it
            the implication of what you've typed there is that we can just as well as expect any kid to provide reliable information about the history of Cannabis as we could a scientist applying the scientific method over years of rigorous research

so, sorry, taking that together with your comments about the historical record not being a reliable source of information about the past, I'm going to have go with your probably not understanding me tbh

nothing personal, but I'm so very f-ing tired with this half-baked relativising drivel

you've got a wannabe dictator in the White House, plain as day, and people are dribbling on like this

get a grip folks

Comment

it would be nice if you mentioned being sent the correct Friesland seeds, subsequently -

which you will have been if you reported this to us, as I'm pretty sure you did

anyway, these are Erdpurt x Friesland, enjoy
              Hey ngakpa,

I wasn't, but to be fair I was offered a replacement, of which I never followed up on. Sorry for unintentionally leaving that bit out. My post wasn't meant to be a complaint. Have u personally grown out this cross?

Best

Comment

Originally posted by Holderchert View Post
                Hey ngakpa,

I wasn't, but to be fair I was offered a replacement, of which I never followed up on. Sorry for unintentionally leaving that bit out. My post wasn't meant to be a complaint. Have u personally grown out this cross?

Best
                no worries, I'd had about 10 times the necessary level of caffeine this morning

email me re. that, and the source of this cross has kept both halves of the cross going in pure form for years now

Comment

I remember reading a translation of one of the Greek Philosophers back in school and there was mention of stories of barbarians dancing around hemp seeds cast into a fire or something like that.

Anyways.

ngakpa,

Assuming temperatures remain hospitable, can you tell me about any long flowering varietals that might theoretically be planted outdoor offseason (Fall) and still yield well in Spring despite growing under this "classically" unorthodox photoperiod?

Edit: I want to experiment with growing "sativas" during the offseason, taking advantage of the fact that these plants tend to grow much more than "indicas" do during the stretch phase. I have already experimented with supplemental outdoor lighting at night to extend photoperiod and keep plants in veg during offseason (gaslantern routine). Now I want to ditch the light and focus more on genetics. I'm curious if a long flowering sativa that tends to grow a bunch and put on many budsites during stretch can be a worthwhile outdoor grow when short flowering plants would not be worthwhile.

Comment

the implication of what you've typed there is that we can just as well as expect any kid to provide reliable information about the history of Cannabis as we could a scientist applying the scientific method over years of rigorous research

so, sorry, taking that together with your comments about the historical record not being a reliable source of information about the past, I'm going to have go with your probably not understanding me tbh

nothing personal, but I'm so very f-ing tired with this half-baked relativising drivel

you've got a wannabe dictator in the White House, plain as day, and people are dribbling on like this

get a grip folks
                    you cannot resist re editing what i say can you ,, i understand you fine now me saying truth were you here it equals no diffrence bewteen a botanist an a kid ?lol creating a narrative were im sayng research books dont matter ?man your the one who dont seem to understand ,your like a fucking newspaper man ,you tie my comments into state of world an now trump and call it drivel i think your a bit rude for my taste it seems you redit people words and argue that redidit on which equates to arguing wth yourself and your telling me to get a grip?? ,,i certainly aint looking for lessons in life off you young man crack on im done

Comment

you cannot resist re editing what i say can you ,, i understand you fine now me saying truth were you here it equals no diffrence bewteen a botanist an a kid ?lol creating a narrative were im sayng research books dont matter ?man your the one who dont seem to understand ,your like a fucking newspaper man ,you tie my comments into state of world an now trump and call it drivel i think your a bit rude for my taste it seems you redit people words and argue that redidit on which equates to arguing wth yourself and your telling me to get a grip?? ,,i certainly aint looking for lessons in life off you young man crack on im done
                      to be fair I was rude - but I did try to make sure it was clear it wasn't meant as a personal insult

thing is, using words without respect for what they mean - or backtracking on what was clearly implied - isn't ideal either

the implication of what you wrote was as spelled out

and I genuinely am tired with this whole "it's all just relative" talk, which is so much a part of how we've got into the present mess in the world

Comment

Originally posted by thedudefresco View Post
                        any long flowering varietals that might theoretically be planted outdoor offseason (Fall) and still yield well in Spring
                        Where are you planning to do this, what latitude and climate?

Anything that flowers under low light intensity in damp or wet weather is going to be "suboptimal" to put it mildly

Comment

to be fair I was rude

but using words without respect for what they mean - or backtracking on what was clearly implied - isn't ideal either

the implication of what you wrote was as spelled out

and I genuinely am tired with this whole "it's all just relative" talk, which is so much a part of how we've got into the present mess in the world
                          thankyou i can respect that ,, i dont come here to argue was just a comment motivated by the arguing here in general,,wernt really trying to take one side or the other ... i guess at the least ive been reminded the road to hell is paved with good intention lol

Comment

and just so were 100% clear ,,when i say the road to hell is paved with good intention ,,its not a dig at anyone ,,i mean good intention aint good enough on my part

Comment

That’s what ngakpa does; He pretends to be some kind of scholar or authority in the topic of cannabis, but when you show him he has missed a point or that his views are narrow, he starts to twist the words the other guy used
                              ..in other words, he puts words into peoples’ mouths. This isn’t the first time.

Or he starts to mock people, like he did with Roms and the chemtrails. This time he just showed how ignorant he is about Chemtrails-topic, cause they have patented this stuff for a good while and like that RTL-clip, I posted, showed, German AF has already admitted spraying stuff in the sky; Cloud seeding with silver iodide was already done in Vietnam; World’s Economic Forum has talked about weather modification and it’s dangers when rogue states use it etc. etc. What an f-ing idiot and an ignorant one. Shut the f up or get a clue.

ngakpa has a bloated ego yet he sports Buddhist image as his avatar picture, and that tradition teaches that you should get rid of your ego. But most stoners who pretend to be enlightened or spiritual are usually just attention seeking morons, just like ngakpa.
                              9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Comment

@thedudefresco
                                I am currently trying to Seedrun two Vietnamese Lines. They have bouth abit Indica-Sides to them , but are actually claimed pure Lines. I found out as soon as Daytemperatures 10 Degre CELSIUS / Nightemperatures 4 Degree Celsius the Limit is reached where they start to stop Resinproduction, YES STOP, but keep on forming Seeds, but it is a clear point, where the Limit of reasonable growing is reached... from then on, its simply survivalmode, and Seeds managed to form still one month longer than that with ALL Leaves brown..

Watch your Temperature-Measurements for longterm. If they reach this point, multiple Lines from SEAsia reached the Limit for Bud-producion.

(ALso, sometimes Temperatures might differ a bit from this overall Temperatures i showed, so they might got Freezes around said Moment aswell)

Comment

Working...
                                X