Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germinated very old seeds

Originally posted by ngakpa View Post
    thanks for sharing, great to see plants and descriptions of aromas of Afgaan 90

but please re-read the description

of course these aren't 30 year old seeds!

we germinated 30 year old seeds, then made news ones, which are what you're growing

very interested to hear what you get anyway
    Hi mate!

Could you or your partner please please share some info on how you’d ideally go about germinating such old seed stock?

Did you use a light solution (1.5% or so) soak of hydrogen peroxide? SST? Aloe Vera? Cracked/scuffed the shell? ...

I’ve got some oldish seeds here, which I’d love to get a good germination rate from...tested 50% before buying.

Comment

Preg women's urine .......no really my elders used it.
      Could you guys explain to me which hindu kush the hashiest cultivar?
      I eat legos

Comment

Originally posted by herblux View Post
        some info on how you’d ideally go about germinating such old seed stock?
        the seeds had been kept dry in a freezer, so the germination rate was good

I can't comment directly on any of the techniques you mention

but most of what I see online so far as germination goes looks like people making rates worse

most seeds shouldn't need more than 24 hours in clean water then into seedling compost in a warm well-ventilated place (no plastic bags!!!)

wild-type seeds can respond well to the right manipulation

but seeds of domesticates like landraces and hybrids should not need anything fancy

Comment

rasoli hash ,

Comment

the seeds had been kept dry in a freezer, so the germination rate was good

I can't comment directly on any of the techniques you mention

but most of what I see online so far as germination goes looks like people making rates worse

most seeds shouldn't need more than 24 hours in clean water then into seedling compost in a warm well-ventilated place (no plastic bags!!!)

wild-type seeds can respond well to the right manipulation

but seeds of domesticates like landraces and hybrids should not need anything fancy
            Thank you very much. KISS sounds good to me.

Comment

I like the way the foil reflects the colour .....
              I eat legos

Comment

Originally posted by harvestreaper View Post
                View Image

rasoli hash ,
                Is this bubble hash or kif?

Comment

Originally posted by Im'One View Post
                  Is this bubble hash or kif?
                  garda is the most accurate term to use for specifically referring to raw dry-sieved resin glands

kif can be any form of Cannabis, though I've noticed people (mostly Americans, I think) like to use it as if it specifically refers to resin glands

Comment

I think there is kif and kief.
                    Kif is bud with tobacco imo?

Comment

Originally posted by chilliwilli View Post
                      nope, they're just two ways of spelling the same word

Kif is another Arabic term like hashish that can mean cannabis

Kif means the Cannabis plant and its preparations

Kif can also mean "narcotic" like opium

The term is from the Arabic for "bliss" or "joy"

But looking at Wikipedia, it looks like Westerners have now decided kif or kief means resin glands ("trichomes"), same as happened with hashish

Paul Bowles used kif specifically to refer to the domesticates found in the Middle East and North Africa

Comment

Originally posted by chilliwilli View Post
                        it's true to say that one of the main ways you'd have traditionally encountered cannabis in Morocco was as coarse bud chopped with tobacco - that was the context I first heard kif used

Bowles understood kif in this sense as something different from ganja such as they'd sometimes see in Tangiers from West Africa

But I think resin (hashish) was already becoming much more prevalent in Morocco even by the late 50s, when I think there was already plenty of Moroccan hashish about in Paris

Comment

But I think resin (hashish) was already becoming much more prevalent in Morocco even by the late 50s, when I think there was already plenty of Moroccan hashish about in Paris
                          Seriously plenty of Moroccan hasch in Paris by the late 50s? You do not know that in the Rif they didn't know how to extract, it was only from the late 60s and start 70s that "hippies" started to teach them the dry sift method after learning it in South Asia! So at that time 50s or 60s zero Moroccan hasch in Paris, only some Afghani, Nepali or Lebanese maybe and far from plenty!!!

The old landrace from the Rif was not really good resinous plants btw, it's only since the 70s that they have crossed their seeds with the true hasch plants from South Asia or Near East.

In the Maghreb the kief is simply the word for cannabis, mixed with tobacco in modern times yes but also mixed with other herbs in sibsi pipes for centuries and centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by harvestreaper View Post
                            View Image

rasoli hash ,
                            Ok is it dry sift? Or bubble hash?

Comment

Originally posted by Roms View Post
                              Seriously plenty of Moroccan hasch in Paris by the late 50s? You do not know that in the Rif they didn't know how to extract, it was only from the late 60s and start 70s that "hippies" started to teach them the dry sift method after learning it in South Asia! So at that time 50s or 60s zero Moroccan hasch in Paris, only some Afghani, Nepali or Lebanese maybe and far from plenty!!!

The old landrace from the Rif was not really good resinous plants btw, it's only since the 70s that they have crossed their seeds with the true hasch plants from South Asia or Near East.

In the Maghreb the kief is simply the word for cannabis, mixed with tobacco in modern times yes but also mixed with other herbs in sibsi pipes for centuries and centuries.

Yeah, I'm sure the savages of the third world had no idea how to cultivate hash before the enlightened Westerners came in to assist. I mean there's no literature or anything documenting it happening before then.
                              "No Nation has ever benefited
                              From a protracted war"
                              -Sun Tzu

Comment

garda is the most accurate term to use for specifically referring to raw dry-sieved resin glands

kif can be any form of Cannabis, though I've noticed people (mostly Americans, I think) like to use it as if it specifically refers to resin glands

In the Middle East I always heard kef but never kif and it referred only to hash. Ganja had other names when it started appearing by the beginning of 90's

The stuff I got from uighur people up to 3 years ago was garda. They have their own word for it in their language

Malawi Gold, after 35 days in flower, this lady is the most vigorous one of the ones I have, x 6 stretch so far

Comment

Working...
                                X