What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Green Squall

Young Sherberghan's basking in the sun after a night of rain. They're all thriving, except for one who's stem was attacked by a rodent. I'll probably replace it with an extra I have up on my deck.

sherberghan1.jpg
sherberghan3.jpg
sherberghan2.jpg
sherberghan4.jpg

musigny23

From what I read he said the 2 was better than the one due to the 1 being taken from plants cut prematurely. It also sounded like they may be from the same line. He recommended me the 2 just recently but I keep waiting to see if he is able to restock any of the thai.

Anyone heard anything about if/when they might restock anything or get any new landrace asian ladies?

LT

When plants are harvested does not affect their genetics, short term. The #1 plants were grown during the less desirable season which has them maturing at a time that doesn't have the best possible conditions. That would reflect in the quality of the ganja but has no bearing on the genetics. The best genetics, grown over the lesser season period will give lesser quality results because of the season. His comment surprised me because he certainly knows that. Also seeds from these farmers aren't "lines". They're simply population groups. Two local traditional farmers growing in the same valley or district are likely to be growing the same population group type but depending on whether they control their seed production and do selection etc or not would be what differentiates farmers seed quality in a given area.

I'd say with travel slowly resuming it's likely that restocking and new acquisitions will be appearing.

Im'One

Did anyone else get the bokeo? Also I got the Laos Sa ...and see the Laos gold is in stock and in my cart!
😆

musigny23

Did anyone else get the bokeo? Also I got the Laos Sa ...and see the Laos gold is in stock and in my cart!
😆

Yes. I tried about 10 Bokeo and got 2 established plants. One male and one female. Very narrow leaves. I'm very interested to see how the female turns out. I got some Lao Sa and started them later. Still waiting for the three plants to sex. Yep Lao Gold is back in stock in June which what Angus said to expect a few months ago.

funkyhorse

To my surprise, I can finnish Mango Thai outdoors, I am happy I will be able to test the buds. I am not trying any more landraces indoors
Mango thai (2).jpeg
Mango thai (3).jpeg

Manipuri Freebie from the Meitei grandmas. Out of 4 plants I obtained 3 sexes: 1 firm female that tends to mold towards the end of flowering in my humid environment, 2 intersex girls and 1 intersex boy. The problem with these kind of freebies is they give probably a wrong impression what the Manipuri cultivar might be and I think is a very poor marketing move. As a customer I have to think that all freebies shared by the seedbank are rubbish or low quality stuff that shouldnt be shared even for free
Manipuri freebie (3).jpeg
Manipuri freebie (4).jpeg

Ukhrul is very similar to the Manipuri freebies but it is firm genetics and so far no mold. They are all big plants, like original haze they make 3 meters in a 20 liter pot without much problems. Not much resin from these strains. Ukhrul is still going towards the winter solstice
Ukhrul girl 1 making beautiful colours
Ukhrul 1.jpeg
Ukhrul fem 1 (2).jpeg

Ukhrul girl 2 has a little more resin than her sister
Ukhrul fem 2 (2).jpeg
Ukhrul fem 2 (3).jpeg

Highland Lao #2
Highland Laos fem 2 (3).jpeg

RingtailCanyon

Thats great you are able to finish the mango thai. Is it seeded too?
what Lao/Thai lines do you guys recommend from kwik seeds? Mango Thai seems to always be out of stock,

p59teitel

Click image for larger version  Name:	52A72518-EFAC-4538-8029-1B21A40C0E8E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	17886275
Your Sheberghans are looking good, Green Squall. Running ten Tirah this year. Crazy plants - the one with the tape measure just topped four feet after growing 16” in 7 days. Starting to pre-flower and show sex, so far looks like three females and one confirmed male -

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Attachments

• 8EA134C0-2C9C-4DEE-90D4-226A79F3E4AF.jpeg
    8EA134C0-2C9C-4DEE-90D4-226A79F3E4AF.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to try their Manipur again as the ones I had did not germinate or grow if they did. I am in California. I recall there was a problem getting them here, what is the best way to get them here? I have forgotten how I got the ones I have or if things are changed on that.

p59teitel

I want to try their Manipur again as the ones I had did not germinate or grow if they did. I am in California. I recall there was a problem getting them here, what is the best way to get them here? I have forgotten how I got the ones I have or if things are changed on that.

Their subsidiary kwikseeds.com handles sales to the USA. Only issues I have had were pandemic-related shipping delays.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok thanks. I think I used seedsman last time but they are out of RSC lines now.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have two Highland Lao lines. Not sure if they are really different or in what way.

Green Squall

One month later and the Sherberghans are growing very nicely and are noticeably pungent, even though flowering hasn't started. One in particular has a strong aroma, which reminds me of Pecorino Romano cheese. I think the vegetative growth is close to maxed out, so I would say this strain grows to around 6-8ft, maybe a little more...If you're noticing some of the burned fan leaves, well, there was a little mishap a few weeks ago with me spraying them with an overly strong, diluted dish soap mixture, but they seem to have recovered. Cannabis is such a resilient plant, although it was a lesson to be more careful in the future! In case I didn't mention if before, I've got 6 outdoors in the veggie garden and have 3 more youngin's indoors I have under a floro lamp.

EDIT. Yeah...I spoke way too soon. Vegetative growth wasn't even close to maxed out lol. I haven't measured them, but I needed a ladder to inspect the top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	af3.jpg Views:	517 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	17895671
Click image for larger version  Name:	af1.jpg Views:	494 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	17895672
Click image for larger version  Name:	af2.jpg Views:	494 Size:	134.3 KB ID:	17895673

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For Angus when he gets back. Who bred the Manipur strain that I love so much? The Meitei or Naga tribe? They deserve some kind of reward for that. Superior smoke.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Picked up two more Manipur packs from fresh stock and he throws in two more for free.... Not sure if germination is gonna be great if he comps me extra packs, hmmmm. Also got a pack of Highland Lao 2 and Lao Gold. They were recommended by Angus as being close to Thai stick in effect. I had the unhappy fortune to have the one Thai stick I ever bought, taken away by the cops before I could toke it. That was in '78. Do not know if Angus ever had Thai stick or not. You have had to be smoking by 1980 or so to have had it. I guess they imported some into the 80's but I think the quality had dropped by then.

I replied to the emails from RSC with some questions. No response as here. I am gonna start calling Angus, Anus if he does not get back to me soon. Just kidding.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
For Angus when he gets back. Who bred the Manipur strain that I love so much? The Meitei or Naga tribe? They deserve some kind of reward for that. Superior smoke.

"Traditional Meitei Manipuri Ganja Domesticat-
The skilled farmers of Imphal Valley are ethnically Meitei and are related to the Thai, Shan, and Lao peoples. Meitei farmers know to keep seeds from the best, most potent plants for use next season. Generations of such selection explain the quality and intense potency of exceptional Manipuri plants".
from the top of the description on the site.
https://therealseedcompany.com/product/manipuri-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

Good to know you like it. Can you have a go at describing the type of high, or what you like about it?

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The high is all sativa but not really edgy. More like a lot of positive energy than just random nervousness. Trippy too at the first part of it. No crash. I will know more when I am smoking buds rather than fan leaves. Some spiritual feeling there too.

Over at ILE they have a good bit of info on the people of that area, so I guess I am satisfied there.

harvestreaper

Veteran
affy cola.jpg

affy close.jpg

affy mix 10 weeks coulda used a bit more time but needed space ..classic afghan aromas so far ,,dont know which of the mix varietys it was but pretty sure not mazar as ive grown a bunch of them and they were large lanky plants while this was short an bushy with diffrent aromas resin etc