What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Hempy McNoodle

Has any grown kalite tizane, mangu carot, 70s durban, or mango pepper?

I grew out this Durban Poison 70s this year. The cool thing about her is that her first few flowers were intersex flowers the likes of which I've never seen. They were typical male flowers but each one had its own pair of female pistils. There were only about 3 of such flowers and then the rest of the plant was typical female. This lead to me getting a very small number of seeds, including from a couple nearby plants (Ciskei and Black Afghani). I think it is ideal to have a little bit of pollination so that I can get my seeds back!

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hempy McNoolde's Ciskei & Durban Poison'70

When you harvested each one, Hempy McNoodle? What are the differences in taste and psychoactivity?

Salud!

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

26-Noviembre.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; "feno Congo P.N."). Born 5-May.

On the 26th I still have some side branches to harvest. This is what is left of the living plant:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

At the end of the day, I'll leave just to harvest some less developed lower buds, and this long side branch:

picture.php

Hempy McNoodle

When you harvested each one, Hempy McNoodle? What are the differences in taste and psychoactivity?

Salud!

I harvested the Ciskei on September 24th and the Durban Poison 70s on October 16th. They are quite different from each other. This particular Ciskei plant yielded just under 8oz of very pungent buds which smell like Trix cereal... very citrusy. The taste however is extremely IPA-like. Taste just like the most hoppyest IPA beer. The high varies for me and originally made me very sleepy and I could only smoke it before bed. That has changed for me and now it is a nicer relaxed body buzz and I assume there is some THCV because of a lack of munchies.

The durban only yielded 3.75oz. The buds are very light and whispy and consist mainly of many tiny foxtail buds. Not much scent or flavor, but smokes very nicely in a joint. The high is pleasant but mild, sometimes feeling more potent than other times.

Here are some flower pics:

Ciskei

Durban Poison 70s

Those Durban buds look exactly like the pics of durban someone on the dark web had a long time ago. Too bad i never bought some. Though my senses tell me tsc Durban is very lightly contaminated, though, which "pure sativas" aren't contaminated these days....

Montuno

...como el Son...
I harvested the Ciskei on September 24th and the Durban Poison 70s on October 16th. (...)

Couldn't you have harvested both plants too early?
For my area (which I think is not too much different in latitude and climate from yours) the Ciskei say they harvest it from 7-October, and the Durban Poison'70 from 15-November, I think I remember...

Mucha salud.

Hempy McNoodle

Couldn't you have harvested both plants too early?
For my area (which I think is not too much different in latitude and climate from yours) the Ciskei say they harvest it from 7-October, and the Durban Poison'70 from 15-November, I think I remember...

Mucha salud.

It is quite possible. This is my first time growing outdoors with any skill. Most of these plants started flowering in July and by every indication were ready. But, yes, it has occurred to me that the timing of the harvest could have effected potency, effects, and other aspects. I do think that I did harvest at the peak of the plants readiness. One thing that was great about the timing of the harvest was that I harvested just after caterpillars invaded, but before they could do any real damage. I didn't even know that so many were present. As the buds dried, the caterpillars surrendered and began climbing down off the buds on lines of silk. Since they surrendered peacefully, I carefully gathered them up and set them free outside. They do grow up to be pollinators, after all.

Hempy McNoodle

I think the Durban started flowering in the beginning of July and the Ciskei in late mid-July. I will say that all my plants were pretty root bound. I just read on the Zambian thread that that could cause plants to flower early.

Hempy McNoodle

Hempy, what's your take on the ciskei bro

Ciskei is such a great strain and can have a very blissful effect. She grows very well. This plant is from a my own seed reproduction. So, far the seeds I've produced arent as energizing or euphoric, possibly because the earliest male pollinated the most flowers. Also, I think the high could also be related to my general state of mind. This was my first time ever making seeds. This plant had very strong and unique terps. I reccomend everyone tries Ciskei, for sure!

Montuno

...como el Son...

Well, Hempy McNoodle: If you look back on this same thread, my King Congo 1 (for example) was planted on 5-May. It showed its first female pre-flowers on 15 June (at barely a month and a half old and with its roots enjoying unlimited mother soil). And at just over two months old, on July 15th, she began to flower...(At that time, both you and I would have a 14-hour day of light...)
...But that early start to flowering in a tropical/equatorial sativa is actually a "lazy sativa semi-autoflowering" , much slower than a real autoflowering (or a semi-autoflowering sativa like the Moroccan one). It is not until the middle/end of August that the flowering process reaches "normal" speed...
This characteristic occurs in an important minority of specimens within certain varieties of African landraces from areas such as both Congos, Zambia, Mozambique, Madagascar, Reunion, Mauritius... This is also reported in several ICMag threads, especially with Zamal de Reunion...
...If I had counted the 75 days of flowering (indoor) since the beginning of its flowering (outdoor), I would have harvested my King Congo 1 during the first half of October...when it wasn't really ready until 15-November.
From your photos and comments, I think that could have happened to you, as I have seen it happen to other people outdoors...

As for the "restrictive" methods (of root space, of nutrients...) of indoor to accelerate the harvest, outdoors they do not advance so much this one, as if they reduce very much the production and the final power...

As for the caterpillars: outdoors in our climates it is essential to use Bacillus T. The caterpillars also tend to cause moulds that in these sativas and in our climates, would not appear without the damage and dirt of the caterpillars.

Salud!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hempy McNoodle

Well, Hempy McNoodle: If you look back on this same thread, my King Congo 1 (for example) was planted on 5-May. It showed its first female pre-flowers on 15 June (at barely a month and a half old and with its roots enjoying unlimited mother soil). And at just over two months old, on July 15th, she began to flower...(At that time, both you and I would have a 14-hour day of light...)
...But that early start to flowering in a tropical/equatorial sativa is actually a "lazy sativa semi-autoflowering" , much slower than a real autoflowering (or a semi-autoflowering sativa like the Moroccan one). It is not until the middle/end of August that the flowering process reaches "normal" speed...
This characteristic occurs in an important minority of specimens within certain varieties of African landraces from areas such as both Congos, Zambia, Mozambique, Madagascar, Reunion, Mauritius... This is also reported in several ICMag threads, especially with Zamal de Reunion...
...If I had counted the 75 days of flowering (indoor) since the beginning of its flowering (outdoor), I would have harvested my King Congo 1 during the first half of October...when it wasn't really ready until 15-November.
From your photos and comments, I think that could have happened to you, as I have seen it happen to other people outdoors...

As for the "restrictive" methods (of root space, of nutrients...) of indoor to accelerate the harvest, outdoors they do not advance so much this one, as if they reduce very much the production and the final power...

As for the caterpillars: outdoors in our climates it is essential to use Bacillus T. The caterpillars also tend to cause moulds that in these sativas and in our climates, would not appear without the damage and dirt of the caterpillars.

Salud!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I appreciate the info Montuno.:tiphat:

I planted mine outdoors in march or early April. I didn't start mine indoors. Mainly I went by trichomes, swelling of callexes, dying of pistils and saw the plant entering senescence. Next time I grow outdoors I'm going to use larger containers this was grown in a 20gallon fabric pot.

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

1-Diciembre-2020.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; "feno Congo PN"). Born 5-May.

I harvest the last large branch of King Congo 1° that I left intact:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts