Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnlyPureSativas View Post
    Has any grown kalite tizane, mangu carot, 70s durban, or mango pepper?
    I grew out this Durban Poison 70s this year. The cool thing about her is that her first few flowers were intersex flowers the likes of which I've never seen. They were typical male flowers but each one had its own pair of female pistils. There were only about 3 of such flowers and then the rest of the plant was typical female. This lead to me getting a very small number of seeds, including from a couple nearby plants (Ciskei and Black Afghani). I think it is ideal to have a little bit of pollination so that I can get my seeds back!

Comment

Ciskei

Comment

Cute pup and nice plants too

Comment

Originally posted by gh@st View Post
          Cute pup and nice plants too
          That's my girlfriends dog. He's spoiled!

Comment

Hahahaaa, looks like it

Comment

Hempy McNoolde's Ciskei & Durban Poison'70

When you harvested each one, Hempy McNoodle? What are the differences in taste and psychoactivity?

Salud!

Comment

King Congo 1° 2020

26-Noviembre.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; "feno Congo P.N."). Born 5-May.

On the 26th I still have some side branches to harvest. This is what is left of the living plant:

Comment

King Congo 1° 2020

At the end of the day, I'll leave just to harvest some less developed lower buds, and this long side branch:

Comment

Originally posted by Montuno View Post
                    When you harvested each one, Hempy McNoodle? What are the differences in taste and psychoactivity?

Salud!
                    I harvested the Ciskei on September 24th and the Durban Poison 70s on October 16th. They are quite different from each other. This particular Ciskei plant yielded just under 8oz of very pungent buds which smell like Trix cereal... very citrusy. The taste however is extremely IPA-like. Taste just like the most hoppyest IPA beer. The high varies for me and originally made me very sleepy and I could only smoke it before bed. That has changed for me and now it is a nicer relaxed body buzz and I assume there is some THCV because of a lack of munchies.

The durban only yielded 3.75oz. The buds are very light and whispy and consist mainly of many tiny foxtail buds. Not much scent or flavor, but smokes very nicely in a joint. The high is pleasant but mild, sometimes feeling more potent than other times.

Here are some flower pics:

Ciskei

Durban Poison 70s

Comment

Those Durban buds look exactly like the pics of durban someone on the dark web had a long time ago. Too bad i never bought some. Though my senses tell me tsc Durban is very lightly contaminated, though, which "pure sativas" aren't contaminated these days....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hempy McNoodle View Post
                        I harvested the Ciskei on September 24th and the Durban Poison 70s on October 16th. (...)
                        Couldn't you have harvested both plants too early?
                        For my area (which I think is not too much different in latitude and climate from yours) the Ciskei say they harvest it from 7-October, and the Durban Poison'70 from 15-November, I think I remember...

Mucha salud.

Comment

Originally posted by Montuno View Post
                          Couldn't you have harvested both plants too early?
                          For my area (which I think is not too much different in latitude and climate from yours) the Ciskei say they harvest it from 7-October, and the Durban Poison'70 from 15-November, I think I remember...

Mucha salud.
                          It is quite possible. This is my first time growing outdoors with any skill. Most of these plants started flowering in July and by every indication were ready. But, yes, it has occurred to me that the timing of the harvest could have effected potency, effects, and other aspects. I do think that I did harvest at the peak of the plants readiness. One thing that was great about the timing of the harvest was that I harvested just after caterpillars invaded, but before they could do any real damage. I didn't even know that so many were present. As the buds dried, the caterpillars surrendered and began climbing down off the buds on lines of silk. Since they surrendered peacefully, I carefully gathered them up and set them free outside. They do grow up to be pollinators, after all.

Comment

I think the Durban started flowering in the beginning of July and the Ciskei in late mid-July. I will say that all my plants were pretty root bound. I just read on the Zambian thread that that could cause plants to flower early.

Comment

Hempy, what's your take on the ciskei bro

Comment

Originally posted by need4weed View Post
                                Hempy, what's your take on the ciskei bro
                                Ciskei is such a great strain and can have a very blissful effect. She grows very well. This plant is from a my own seed reproduction. So, far the seeds I've produced arent as energizing or euphoric, possibly because the earliest male pollinated the most flowers. Also, I think the high could also be related to my general state of mind. This was my first time ever making seeds. This plant had very strong and unique terps. I reccomend everyone tries Ciskei, for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X