What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace Strains

Hey Everyone and Anyone who reads this...

Is any out there growing Zacatecas Purple or Big sur holy weed.....also
Does anyone know if there is any other purple or blue 100% sativa's that are landrace? I'm pretty new to growing, but trying to learn as much as possible about cannabis. So anyone out on ic whos reading this and has grown out and landrace strains or has information about them. Hook a brotha up wit some knowledge.......
heres a list of some strains i'd like to get ahold of .........Chinese Indica, Iranian Indica, Maui Wowie, Acapulco Gold, Mazar-I-shariff, Durban Poison,Punta Rojo, any south indian style sativa. Prolly could go on all day...but i wont .......

Laxpunker

While I'm not growing any landrace strains this year I'd like to offer you a bit of helpful advice. Just because a plant is purple or blue does not make it the best phenotype. From my own growing experience I've found that the colored phenotypes often lack the potency of their plainer looking siblings.

Secondly on your list of strains to get a hold of the Durban Poison seems oddly out of place. The others in the list are very heavy hitters, while the Durban doesn't compare. Don't get me wrong, it's a good plant, a very hardy outdoor plant that'll require little work. However I've found it's potency and yield weren't anything to write home about. If you're a guerilla grower that can't check your sites very often the Poison would be a great pick (I'd also suggest Passion #1 for the same reason), it really doesn't need any special care to grow. However if visiting the plot isn't a concern I'd look at some of those other picks.

Well i'm not really looking for the potency I was just wondering if there was a purple or blue 100% sativa. Mostly for growing in my backyard because most people dont think pot could be any color but green. I've had bud that appeared to be durban but not sure it was it was some killer smoke, got a half and it was one massive bud top. Thanks for replying though man. What would you say favorite strain is?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I've heard the opposit of durban, never smoked it myself though.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I'm not sure if it is 100% Sativa, or even available anymore, but "Oregon Purple Thai"(OPT) comes to mind. Its one of the parents of DJ Shorts "Blueberry".