What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Cannabis Seeds

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Brother Huesos just like myself and other few colleagues here were former members of the now extinct Vibes Collective. We've been in touch exchanging information and experiences, collaborating and preserving cultivars for years already.

I can't really see how having a life outside IC is violating any TOUs?

CoCoSativas

Brother Huesos just like myself and other few colleagues here were former members of the now extinct Vibes Collective. We've been in touch exchanging information and experiences, collaborating and preserving cultivars for years already.

I can't really see how having a life outside IC is violating any TOUs?

I don't see it as a tou violation but posts like that can lead people to believe you conducted a seed trade here, which is a violation of the tou.

Defend it all you want I'm looking out, I've seen several posts similar in nature disappear or have seen the posted get a warning here and other sites. He didn't clarify and simply stated he got them from you, which could be taken the wrong way. I wouldn't call the mods here sensitive but strict compared to other sites. You clarified which is wonderful I'm glad you have a life outside the forum here I was confused there... lol anyway have fun with the vb that's impressive stuff I'm sure I will enjoy smoking reefs hoa bac as much as I enjoy growing it

Huesos

I don't like the way this is going at all. I'll go back and delete my posts.

This is a thread on the Vietnamese. All I was doing was sharing my experience as well.

SpaceBros.

Just letting anyone who's interested that Snowhigh has a few interesting Vietnamese hybrids available:

Black Mamba (Vietnam Black x Black Congolese)
Crazy Train (Vietnam Black x E32 Trainwreck x Vietnam Gold)
Vietnamese Laughing Grass: Dalat (purple pheno) x Black Congolese

I haven't tried these personally but the strain descriptions seem pretty authentic.

I'm running a few of Reeferman's Hoa Bac this season :)

t99

Veteran
Huesos, I enjoyed your posts, I didn't read anything into it that wasn't there. Nice work, thanks for your contribution and preservation efforts!

Castroman

I have one female..Luin Hahn 99 going right now from Fet and Heavens Stairway days! Looks very sativa looking! Thin leaves all the way! It is Nevils Haze crossed to Viet Black mom..c-99 dad was used! I have c-99 polen and have seeds forming now as I type this! also hit with that c-99 polen..one Joey Weeds c-99 Female! Clones are going outside in the Nor Cali. sun soon of that Luin Hahn 99 female! Great threat! I have Viet Combos to look threw.. also! Nevils Haze was said to be selected from 100's of females! I am looking forward to this harvest! monkey5

I wonder what your results were with this cross. I remember growing the Vietnam Black sold by 'Anonymous' on C-Bay (which is the source of the VB one used by Fet to make your cross) and it was not potent at all, not worth growing.

Castroman

Hi Thule,

From my experience with tropical strains, I find that you usually need to grow out 20 ~ 40 females from a landrace strain to full maturity to find that extra special, strong, hard hitting, invigorating, long lasting and totally enjoyable and memorable sativa head fuck...and it's usually there..or among the next 40 femmes, lol

and ideally, when collecting landrace (bag) seed, try to take home seeds from various, not just one source of good ganja.

Absolutely, this is true. But with Anonymous' Nam Black I didn't feel it was worth the effort as I had more promising lines in the local landrace sativas here in SouthAmerica

T

tazz11

OakyJoe... I had no idea DF had ever released any Vietnamese seed. Cool! Ive got DF Chocolate Trip, amazing weed she is!

What are the chances of there being some DF NamBlack70 still being around?

Ive been searching for some Vietnamese Black or something better for a long while now. Ive got REv's Black Forrest(V.Black x Cherry Bomb F1), ACE Seeds V.Black x China Yunnan, and that's it so far.

Hrpuffnkush... That is a BEASTLY plant! How many generations inbred is that line? Looks like its got a good amount of broad leaf in its genes or maybe just inbred for that expression?

"What are the chances of there being some DF NamBlack70 still being around?"

next to none , sorry

as far as I know they only gave it out in their breeders packs .

I am not sure if they ever sold any on cannabis world seed auction I have grown 29 DF strains and I watch ever auction till the site went down ...if they did sell any it was most likely one or two packs if any or I would remember them selling it ...it was much like the rare unleased (orange fig widow strain) . very rare and I only gave out 3 clones to a northern Ca girl from the edge ,she was a old school on the site and just ask me at the right time . I ask her not to tell anyone that I gave them out and she kept her word ...a true hard core strain...much like their VB

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
"What are the chances of there being some DF NamBlack70 still being around?"

next to none , sorry , as far as I know they only gave it out in their breeders packs

Actually that's the strain we've grown and reproduced... original DF's Nam Black f2, along with DF's Lemon Thai from another source.

They were interesting but potency was average to be honest.

Peace.

T

tazz11

Actually that's the strain we've grown and reproduced... original DF's Nam Black f2, along with DF's Lemon Thai from another source.

Peace.

I agree with what you said about the F2's .. , makes you wonder what the F1's in the breeder pack were like ...

Last edited:
T

tazz11

Peace.

some times you just know more then you think you do . latter

Last edited:
T

tazz11

...I apologize for deleting my replies

some times its better to just walk away ...

Last edited:

Cernunnos

A funny fact for the day, Kush is selling for $30 au a gram in Vietnam. Gems still abound in Vietnam though. According to a Viet friend, Dalat is strong but has a short endurance. There is much stronger stuff he smokes. He also said Viet black is not really a Viet thing and it just makes him sleepy, but he can find it.

Interesting conversations to help dispell myths. I think there's still old lines about in Thaiand also. For quite some time I've questioned the old chestnut of all their landraces being gone and hybridised. I'm very doubtful about those stories of mass crossings to faster flowering plants from Pakistan or such a place. If it happened, I think it was not large scale. The only way it could of happened is if you were paying Thais to do it. Even then, if you have enough experience with Thai people, you will know they always still do things their own way. You don't always get what you ask for. Convince farmers to ditch their seeds, maybe it will work for a few. A Thai contact said he was the first in his area only a few years to get indicas. His family heirloom that was grown on a kancha farm when he was young is still pure. Stuff survives but you have jack shit chance of finding it unless you have the right contacts, it helps to be able to speak Thai as well or know someone who can. Farang , farang, off the plane has little chance to find really old heirloom lines, at least in Thailand anyway.

That's my take on things.

Last edited:
T

tazz11

A funny fact for the day, Kush is selling for $30 au a gram in Vietnam. Gems still abound in Vietnam though. According to a Viet friend, Dalat is strong but has a short endurance. There is much stronger stuff he smokes. He also said Viet black is not really a Viet thing and it just makes him sleepy, but he can find it.

Interesting conversations to help dispell myths. I think there's still old lines about in Thaiand also. For quite some time I've questioned the old chestnut of all their landraces being gone and hybridised. I'm very doubtful about those stories of mass crossings to faster flowering plants from Pakistan or such a place. If it happened, I think it was not large scale. The only way it could of happened is if you were paying Thais to do it. Even then, if you have enough experience with Thai people, you will know they always still do things their own way. You don't always get what you ask for. Convince farmers to ditch their seeds, maybe it will work for a few. A Thai contact said he was the first in his area only a few years to get indicas. His family heirloom that was grown on a kancha farm when he was young is still pure. Stuff survives but you have jack shit chance of finding it unless you have the right contacts, it helps to be able to speak Thai as well or know someone who can. Farang , farang, off the plane has little chance to find really old heirloom lines, at least in Thailand anyway.

That's my take on things.

you would be surprised how many people go to Thailand and never go any distance into the mainland ... I was navy special ops, I can go anywhere in the world and I found it was less important to speak the languages then it was to just be honest to the people you meet . be fair show them you have a true interest in the native strains and not just a need for greed ...

I had a blast over there ..respect them and they will show it back to you ...if they see you have a true love for cannabis , they are more willing to see what you know about it and willing to share what they know ...the trait that got to me was the native Thai male gender traits ... we don't see herm traits like that in modern strains .. the Abducted has them .. and the hybrids is still a male dominate strain base ,its not the dominate trait in Abducted but it is there ...

I really like the culture and the day by day life with cannabis , their people and culture is amazing ...you see that isolated at times here in the states but less now days then in the past ...

if it was me and I was looking for a true pure Native Thai . that male trait is what I would look for ...you will know it when you see it ... its not like any modern strain trait ...

T

tazz11

Peace.

I was just re reading this page and saw I was off track and forgot to answer your question correctly ...how did you reproduce it .?. I know how it was made ...the point is F1 were great and I agree the F2 were not as vigorous... I can not go into detail but I have seen this effect in another strain related to the NB and they are very closely related strains , I have a good quality Nam strain , I lack the other half of the mix but I do know what was used and funny it is still on the market . I can not speak for the quality of that strain in modern times but its still the best match for the mix . it would take a few runs to get it close but this strain Nam Black is still able to be reproduce as a F1 ....IMHO maybe I will have time before its to late for me to make it ...