What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

smogo

yes its in thailand too , apparently coming from Laos,

but its not quite as well grown or prepared or presented as it once was ,

still it can make u trip out a bit ,

batches vary in quality in thailand though ,
yours looks good smogo ..

Yes I heard a lot was from Laos too, and supposedly Cambodia/Burma region... My guess is that a lot of the production/less indica polluted sativas are grown in localised areas surrounding/neighbouring Thailand. But the best/trippy stuff was Lao I think. The above pick up was in Kuala Lumpur and yes, quality varied

Oh the things I'd do to be able to smoke that old classic Thai... :tree:

funkyhorse

This stuff still exists! Or similar. It's mostly in isolated/specific places in SE Asia. Maybe it's not THE Thai stick but it's pretty damn close - unbelievably trippy high, almost acid like. Sticky as fuck and smells spicey/earthy, deep and expansive thoughts etc...

View Image

I was always convinced this is cambodian brick and with my asian friends we always called it that way.
I smoked loose buds in Cambodia and Laos and they are not the same. The cambodian loose buds had the same kind of high as the bricks. Lao is better quality
I am surprised to see cambodian brick is common in Malasia, I would have thought acehnese would be the norm. But it seems the Gulf of Thailand is an easy place to travel and transport by ship compared to the strait of Malacca which is a very heavily transited and patrolled area

And today I think the level of trippiness of cambodian brick depends on what your point of reference is.
If your point of reference is Thai Stick of old or colombian Punto Rojo, then you would find cambodian brick nothing to tell home about
But if your point of reference is western coffeeshop quality or famous commercial western hybrids, then cambodian brick is trippy.

Quality for landrace smoke depends on the batch. It is grown from seeds not clones, so every batch is different and quality always varied everywhere in Landraceland.

ahortator

Veteran
I really don't know about that part of the world. But a friend told me the bricks from Laos found in Thailand are actually Karen weed from Myanmar.

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
I really don't know about that part of the world. But a friend told me the bricks from Laos found in Thailand are actually Karen weed from Myanmar.

wish he told you more information about it. i'm dreaming to know what strain it is..

need4weed

Veteran
This is a long thread, lots of debates about origins and quality. Can the old school thais still be had?

There are karens dedicated to growing weed in Myanmar? It must be a nightmare . i cant imagine asking a karen for her manager, who would also be a karen

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
from what i hear there are both karen weed and laos weed ,
they differ , i think there was a post in a similar thread describing the weed from Myanmar ,

i was also told what you were , but my question is why would they smuggle it to laos first then across the mekong to thailand ,

surely there are easier routes ,
id guess the stuff coming across the mekong from laos is grown in laos ...

there has been some major busts in provinces close to the laos border which would seem to indicate it was not far from its origin..

there was also recently a shipment of weed busted coming across the border of Thailand and Myanmar ,
there seems to be much less of those ... typically its amphetamines coming from Myanmar ,

theres a bunch of check points as one gets closer to the border ..

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I was digging thru some old photo albums the other day...

Found this picture of one of my very best buddies since our teen years..
I had never scanned these pictures before, so I just took a picture of the old photo...
Sadly he died at age 45 from heart disease more than 20 years ago..

This is a big Thai plant he grew near the Catskills of NY in 1978..
He had found one tiny seed in a bunch of Thai sticks he had..

He was already a very good grower, so he did a fine job with this one...

picture.php

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi BG thank you for the scan! :artist:It looks that the plant was topped to stay discreet ha ha so nice trident artistic work bravo!

Mid flo but cool sunny autumn and Indian summer in NY, good vibes for the as possible as later harvest! :) + the funny Hawaiian tee-shirt connection with the Thai mmmh so good 70s! RIP bro loving green hands!

musigny23

Did that Thai plant really finish? Back then, nearly always by mid October there would be a killer frost or two. I was in high school in nearby central Connecticut back then. We grew some Columbian seeds in '76 and in late September they had barely begun flowering but just one night of hard frost killed them.

In 1980 I grew a variety of seed types in northern California, including seeds from Thai sticks. By mid September the Thais had barely begun flowering at all. Unfortunately we were spotted by a plane and they came the next day.

bigAl25

Veteran
I did the same thing with a seed I found in a thai stick way back when. I used a 400 watt MH indoor, the thing grew to over 5 feet with bud sites everywhere. I was stoked, it was in an early hydroponic setup. The the shit turned hermi on me big time and it broke my heart. I've got to say I have not had ganja quite that good in 30 years. If it had not hermied I would have had a bounty of great ganja. The lessons we learn from bagseed were hard at times and this Thai kicked me in the balls for spite.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
So I'm growing this purple highland Laotian and it's had very red stems from day one. You know those blood red veins that make you think if there's red sap flowing through them. It's nothing like the bagseed I've grown in the past so I'm wondering if I've found a rarity. How common is this kind of pigmentation in the Thai-Lao-Viet genepool? Did I find an unicorn?

romanoweed

I can say old Viet/Thai, Cambodian all were very colorful. Probably not every Plant, many were just Green. But i seen it ALOT.
I seen Blue, Yellow, Red very often, sometimes Black..

The highland Lao from Ace has just slightly oldschool Genes imho.

LostTribe

Premium user
I can say old Viet/Thai, Cambodian all were very colorful. Probably not every Plant, many were just Green. But i seen it ALOT.
I seen Blue, Yellow, Red very often, sometimes Black..

The highland Lao from Ace has just slightly oldschool Genes imho.

Have you grown out either of the Highland Lao from RSC?

I am not aware of the ACE crew having any Lao strains.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
RSC seems to have two SEA ascensions at the moment. Highland Lao 1 and a mixed lot of golden and highland. I am gonna need a mate for my purple Lao so either one would be ok.