X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thaifun horizon ape origin, need this
    "if" the biggest small word in the dictionary

Comment

I was digging thru some old photo albums the other day...

Found this picture of one of my very best buddies since our teen years..
      I had never scanned these pictures before, so I just took a picture of the old photo...
      Sadly he died at age 45 from heart disease more than 20 years ago..

This is a big Thai plant he grew near the Catskills of NY in 1978..
      He had found one tiny seed in a bunch of Thai sticks he had..

He was already a very good grower, so he did a fine job with this one...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !

Comment

Hi BG thank you for the scan! It looks that the plant was topped to stay discreet ha ha so nice trident artistic work bravo!

Mid flo but cool sunny autumn and Indian summer in NY, good vibes for the as possible as later harvest! + the funny Hawaiian tee-shirt connection with the Thai mmmh so good 70s! RIP bro loving green hands!

Comment

Did that Thai plant really finish? Back then, nearly always by mid October there would be a killer frost or two. I was in high school in nearby central Connecticut back then. We grew some Columbian seeds in '76 and in late September they had barely begun flowering but just one night of hard frost killed them.

In 1980 I grew a variety of seed types in northern California, including seeds from Thai sticks. By mid September the Thais had barely begun flowering at all. Unfortunately we were spotted by a plane and they came the next day.

Comment

I did the same thing with a seed I found in a thai stick way back when. I used a 400 watt MH indoor, the thing grew to over 5 feet with bud sites everywhere. I was stoked, it was in an early hydroponic setup. The the shit turned hermi on me big time and it broke my heart. I've got to say I have not had ganja quite that good in 30 years. If it had not hermied I would have had a bounty of great ganja. The lessons we learn from bagseed were hard at times and this Thai kicked me in the balls for spite.

Comment

So I'm growing this purple highland Laotian and it's had very red stems from day one. You know those blood red veins that make you think if there's red sap flowing through them. It's nothing like the bagseed I've grown in the past so I'm wondering if I've found a rarity. How common is this kind of pigmentation in the Thai-Lao-Viet genepool? Did I find an unicorn?
              We all have our crosses and IBLs to carry.

Comment

I can say old Viet/Thai, Cambodian all were very colorful. Probably not every Plant, many were just Green. But i seen it ALOT.
                I seen Blue, Yellow, Red very often, sometimes Black..

The highland Lao from Ace has just slightly oldschool Genes imho.

Comment

Originally posted by romanoweed View Post
                  I can say old Viet/Thai, Cambodian all were very colorful. Probably not every Plant, many were just Green. But i seen it ALOT.
                  I seen Blue, Yellow, Red very often, sometimes Black..

The highland Lao from Ace has just slightly oldschool Genes imho.
                  Have you grown out either of the Highland Lao from RSC?

I am not aware of the ACE crew having any Lao strains.
                  LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

RSC seems to have two SEA ascensions at the moment. Highland Lao 1 and a mixed lot of golden and highland. I am gonna need a mate for my purple Lao so either one would be ok.

Comment

I was reffering to Laos Muang Sing Ace. Has a bit Purple-Red

Comment

Ah yes the "jurassic dinosaur jungle food Lao" collected by Bodhi. That one is much better documented than most other SE Asian strains out there and it's very likely to have some Chinese blood. Very different from the green Thais.

Comment

Those not in the know might think it's an indica. Pic from RC Colas
                          Attached Files

Comment

I stick with it: OLD Thai, Viet, any SEAsian are very colorful.
                            The Chinese Ancestry in "Muang Sing Lao" is only speculation i thought.

Comment

It's not very far fetched considering where Muang Sing is situated. It's pretty much squeezed in between Burma and China. This isn't traditional ganja territory but Chinese hemp is grown for fibers and food. Sure purple traits are well spread among Thai and Lao strains but none of the strains originate there as afaik there are no indigenous weeds to select from. It all came from some place else. In this case, very likely China.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=17801310.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	17801319

Comment

Why is it Likely from Chinese Geenes? Cause it grows fatleaved, ANYWAY.

Comment

Working...
                                X