Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stocktont View Post
    @ngakpa beautiful plant there!

@Donald Mallard I wish I could say that but I never saw those days hehe, too young but sure looks like a fair bit of sticks!
    i would love to have gone to thailand during that era stocktont,
    what a cool place it must have been ,

i used to watch heaps of old thai movies with my ex wife ,

one was a very old black and white , footage from the 50 s ,

along a canal in, of all places' Bangkok ,

it was like a paradise , palms everywhere ,

she told me we have been to that very place ,, its under the overpasses in quite a slummy looking spot where i wanted to check out a plant nursery ,

amazing and sad how much places change for what is sometimes referred to as "progress" ...

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Mallard View Post
      i would love to have gone to thailand during that era stocktont,
      what a cool place it must have been ,

i used to watch heaps of old thai movies with my ex wife ,

one was a very old black and white , footage from the 50 s ,

along a canal in, of all places' Bangkok ,

it was like a paradise , palms everywhere ,

she told me we have been to that very place ,, its under the overpasses in quite a slummy looking spot where i wanted to check out a plant nursery ,

amazing and sad how much places change for what is sometimes referred to as "progress" ...
      Yea things change everywhere unfortunately some times but that's what the Buddha said right, the only constant is change. There's a few places that were like paradise in the 70s and even 80s but are now so commercial that some people can't recognize them anymore. I met a guy while living on one island in particular that has had a lot of that “progress” with hotels and shops and bars and whatnot. He said he rented a motorcycle in the early 80s and went around the island and then he had come back in like 2015 to do the same thing. He was horrified.

The old country is still there but it's almost covered in this new commercial thing. In some places it's even hard to find nice people as everyone wants to make money and quick where it used to be much more chill.

I live in a much more rural place now which is kind of cool but there's still Tesco stores and seven-11 shops everywhere even here. But still some of those old mom and pop stores that will sell you a beer even if it's during the hours of the day you're not supposed to sell it.

Wonder what is going to happen after this covid thing with places that were riddled with tourists. There's a lot of people that worked with tourists in different capacities that are now out of work and maybe went back to their home provinces and there's a shit load of hotels and restaurants that are just empty now. They're talking about opening up but they're not letting anyone in the country so I don't really see it going back to the new “normal” anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by djav59 View Post
        My findings thus far as not promising the strain I grew out has turned out to be disappointing from what I have read and reading the extreme time and difficulty of these plants make them unusable . My best effort has not yielded anything impressive to even entertain continuation with the strain.
        Ok maybe I am wrong .
        I am just old and cranky plus the work of hauling these baby's in and out is a strain but ,I see that it does indeed take time for full development.Its amazing how the terpene profile changes all along I do appreciate the plant plus the fact I was able to get results at all and with out hermaphrodites .
        I need a greenhouse .

Comment

Kilos of thai sticks from 1974 in Udonthani , @ $3 us a kilo ...

those were the days clearly ..

View Image
          This stuff still exists! Or similar. It's mostly in isolated/specific places in SE Asia. Maybe it's not THE Thai stick but it's pretty damn close - unbelievably trippy high, almost acid like. Sticky as fuck and smells spicey/earthy, deep and expansive thoughts etc...

Comment

yes its in thailand too , apparently coming from Laos,

but its not quite as well grown or prepared or presented as it once was ,

still it can make u trip out a bit ,

batches vary in quality in thailand though ,
            yours looks good smogo ..

Comment

yes its in thailand too , apparently coming from Laos,

but its not quite as well grown or prepared or presented as it once was ,

still it can make u trip out a bit ,

batches vary in quality in thailand though ,
              yours looks good smogo ..
              Yes I heard a lot was from Laos too, and supposedly Cambodia/Burma region... My guess is that a lot of the production/less indica polluted sativas are grown in localised areas surrounding/neighbouring Thailand. But the best/trippy stuff was Lao I think. The above pick up was in Kuala Lumpur and yes, quality varied

Oh the things I'd do to be able to smoke that old classic Thai...

Comment

Originally posted by smogo View Post
                This stuff still exists! Or similar. It's mostly in isolated/specific places in SE Asia. Maybe it's not THE Thai stick but it's pretty damn close - unbelievably trippy high, almost acid like. Sticky as fuck and smells spicey/earthy, deep and expansive thoughts etc...

View Image

I was always convinced this is cambodian brick and with my asian friends we always called it that way.
                I smoked loose buds in Cambodia and Laos and they are not the same. The cambodian loose buds had the same kind of high as the bricks. Lao is better quality
                I am surprised to see cambodian brick is common in Malasia, I would have thought acehnese would be the norm. But it seems the Gulf of Thailand is an easy place to travel and transport by ship compared to the strait of Malacca which is a very heavily transited and patrolled area

And today I think the level of trippiness of cambodian brick depends on what your point of reference is.
                If your point of reference is Thai Stick of old or colombian Punto Rojo, then you would find cambodian brick nothing to tell home about
                But if your point of reference is western coffeeshop quality or famous commercial western hybrids, then cambodian brick is trippy.

Quality for landrace smoke depends on the batch. It is grown from seeds not clones, so every batch is different and quality always varied everywhere in Landraceland.

Comment

I really don't know about that part of the world. But a friend told me the bricks from Laos found in Thailand are actually Karen weed from Myanmar.
                  SAVE LANDRACES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bushweed View Post
                    Hey Hmong, for what it's worth, here's my second endorsement for growing Thais indoors. '78 Thai stick....
                    View Image
                    View Image
                    Where did you get these seeds?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sibcanabi View Post
                      mountain thailand
                      This just goes to show indicas have infiltrated much of the planet
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahortator View Post
                        I really don't know about that part of the world. But a friend told me the bricks from Laos found in Thailand are actually Karen weed from Myanmar.
                        wish he told you more information about it. i'm dreaming to know what strain it is..
                        trust, hope & love - rich even not wealthy - real life sloth - enlightened during born or before that

Comment

This is a long thread, lots of debates about origins and quality. Can the old school thais still be had?

Comment

There are karens dedicated to growing weed in Myanmar? It must be a nightmare . i cant imagine asking a karen for her manager, who would also be a karen
                            sigpic

Comment

from what i hear there are both karen weed and laos weed ,
                              they differ , i think there was a post in a similar thread describing the weed from Myanmar ,

i was also told what you were , but my question is why would they smuggle it to laos first then across the mekong to thailand ,

surely there are easier routes ,
                              id guess the stuff coming across the mekong from laos is grown in laos ...

there has been some major busts in provinces close to the laos border which would seem to indicate it was not far from its origin..

there was also recently a shipment of weed busted coming across the border of Thailand and Myanmar ,
                              there seems to be much less of those ... typically its amphetamines coming from Myanmar ,

theres a bunch of check points as one gets closer to the border ..

Comment

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X