What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Different leaves of Emerald Thai
IMG_20220811_183724.jpg

funkyhorse

Hola @willydread
I have questions for you
What is this emerald thai and why is it called emerald? I would understand corundum thai, green zaphire thai, green rubi thai but I relate emeralds with Colombia even though they are cut, polished and sold in Thailand

I do agree with you that people not necessarily age well and turn to hard drugs or hard alcohol to solve their problems
Some of them do it in order to sunk their sorrows but I am sorry to let you know that under hard alcohol they just turn into floating sorrows
And some others use to it to get their courage to speak upfront in public for some unjustice commited to them like the lack of payment for his expensive work and how others are cashing on it.
Aging is not easy it seems

Do you know La Gran Willy? Do you make it with a spliff between the legs?

These are the survivors of my 68 northern thailand 2008 landrace seeds left. Expectation is around 33-35% firm females and the rest will grow male branches, so I am hoping for 2 or 3 firm females if I get lucky
So far 8 and one more hopefully will come up, seeds are getting old, I got better germ rates when I got them
These 4 are indoors getting out of mutation stage
N Thai 2008 mutation stage.jpeg

This one is stuck at cotyledon stage, hopefully will come up
N Thai 2008 cotyledon stage.jpeg
These are all outdoors after mutation stage and hoping to start sexing at some stage faster than they sex indoors. In the back at the vegbox arugula is very happy in the new greenhouse
N Thai 2008.jpeg

These are not pure thais. This is the best of Seedsman Hz from MadMac crossed to a Northern Thailand 2008 hermie girl which grew male branches as most of these plants do
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie.jpeg

These are my revegged cuts from late flowers. Took 2 weeks to make roots and 3 weeks on 14/10 to start revegging
Bottom left is Northern Thai 2008xCg72 middle is Purple Haze x Meao Thai and bottom left is Northern Thailand 2008 x Seedsman Hz. They are outdoors next to the Zamal pure male waiting for the girls to show their pistils
Thais and zamal.jpeg

Have a nice weekend everyone

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hola @willydread
I have questions for you
What is this emerald thai and why is it called emerald? I would understand corundum thai, green zaphire thai, green rubi thai but I relate emeralds with Colombia even though they are cut, polished and sold in Thailand

I do agree with you that people not necessarily age well and turn to hard drugs or hard alcohol to solve their problems
Some of them do it in order to sunk their sorrows but I am sorry to let you know that under hard alcohol they just turn into floating sorrows
And some others use to it to get their courage to speak upfront in public for some unjustice commited to them like the lack of payment for his expensive work and how others are cashing on it.
Aging is not easy it seems

Do you know La Gran Willy? Do you make it with a spliff between the legs?

These are the survivors of my 68 northern thailand 2008 landrace seeds left. Expectation is around 33-35% firm females and the rest will grow male branches, so I am hoping for 2 or 3 firm females if I get lucky
So far 8 and one more hopefully will come up, seeds are getting old, I got better germ rates when I got them
These 4 are indoors getting out of mutation stage
View attachment 18744152
This one is stuck at cotyledon stage, hopefully will come up
View attachment 18744155
These are all outdoors after mutation stage and hoping to start sexing at some stage faster than they sex indoors. In the back at the vegbox arugula is very happy in the new greenhouse
View attachment 18744147
These are not pure thais. This is the best of Seedsman Hz from MadMac crossed to a Northern Thailand 2008 hermie girl which grew male branches as most of these plants do
View attachment 18744153
These are my revegged cuts from late flowers. Took 2 weeks to make roots and 3 weeks on 14/10 to start revegging
Bottom left is Northern Thai 2008xCg72 middle is Purple Haze x Meao Thai and bottom left is Northern Thailand 2008 x Seedsman Hz. They are outdoors next to the Zamal pure male waiting for the girls to show their pistils
View attachment 18744154
Hahaha you make me smile!I did not know this man...
No, I don't have certain skills lol

Emerald Thai is a variety harvested in the northeastern part of Thailand, in a betta fish farm, called emerald bettas.
betta-smaragdina-1024x1024.png

It's just a name given to him here in Europe ...
Beautiful plants you have, using a hermie parent plant is not a good idea, but sometimes you have no choice, I have done it with other sativas too, and honestly the females obtained are all stable ....

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
In my Jamaican sativa the few males I found were all hermaphrodites, that is, they had "balls" like all males but the plants ended with a tuft of pistils, apparently sterile, I asked the friend who gave me the seeds and he noticed the same thing, the females on the other hand were all stable.
In E.Thai I found a slightly hermie female, I'm doing an open retry to see how stable they are...

Piff_cat

Here's a thread about the subject if it's possible that Cannabis can act like a perennial or not in the tropics.

It's very common in botany for plants to be tender perennials in zones 10 and 1 and annuals in colder areas.. The main deciding factor is frost tolerance.
So a perrenial plant in zone 10 or 11 can become an annual if diverted to a colder temp. Hops and mulberry rhododendron all perennials and closest relatives of cannabis. It's likely some of the phrenology of longer flowering lines could be what's left over of these perennial founders genes. The maternal haplotype of yunnan hops was recently matched to a wild line of cannabis from yunnan. This would be place to start looking for basal perrenial traits.
Whether true perennial cannabis exists is uncertain. But the main diversity Hotspot for cannabis in central and Southern China are vastly understudied due to China gvt and challenging condition@ for access.
Wild tetraploid cannabis was discovered in the cold alpine deserts of India in 2015. Previously only wild diploid had been discovered. So she still has few tricks up her sleeves

IndicaFarmer

I have some thai in at the moment,
just starting to flower ,
they are from an old thai cannabis farmers family,
mr kangativa grew some this season and last i believe,
im pretty excited about them ...

ill get some pics later on ,
in the meantime , heres some i grew a few years ago,
from the brickweed available in thailand grown in laos ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Awesome color, love the lime green!

funkyhorse

At least for long flowering untamed sativas in my environment, there is clear difference between the time it takes to show sex indoors or outdoors, being much faster outdoors, it doesnt matter if from cut or not. And after 1315 hs of light they all grow leaves. I reveg late flowering flowers at 14/10 in about one month indoors
This is my first lucky boy from these Northern Thailand 2008 seeds
N Thai boy (2).jpeg

And this girl showed first pistils, need to see if she will remain firm or grow male branches. In front is the boy, in the middle is the Northern Thai 2008 girl and behind is one of the Seedsman Hz keepers from Mad Mac x Northern Thailand hermie girl 3
N Thai boy and sister.jpeg

All Seedsman Hz keeper from Mad Mac girls x Northern Thailand girl 3 hermie are sexed.
4 boys and 4 girls. I wonder how firm they will remain
This is the girl from above and in front Northern Thai hopeful girl 2008
N Thai and seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie.jpeg

And these are the lucky survivors, 6 plants for a total of 8 Northern Thailand 2008 individuals out of 69 seeds in the process of growing after mutation stage and sexing
N Thai.jpeg

TheDarkStorm

At least for long flowering untamed sativas in my environment, there is clear difference between the time it takes to show sex indoors or outdoors, being much faster outdoors, it doesnt matter if from cut or not. And after 1315 hs of light they all grow leaves. I reveg late flowering flowers at 14/10 in about one month indoors
This is my first lucky boy from these Northern Thailand 2008 seeds
View attachment 18748980
And this girl showed first pistils, need to see if she will remain firm or grow male branches. In front is the boy, in the middle is the Northern Thai 2008 girl and behind is one of the Seedsman Hz keepers from Mad Mac x Northern Thailand hermie girl 3
View attachment 18748981
All Seedsman Hz keeper from Mad Mac girls x Northern Thailand girl 3 hermie are sexed.
4 boys and 4 girls. I wonder how firm they will remain
This is the girl from above and in front Northern Thai hopeful girl 2008
View attachment 18748982
And these are the lucky survivors, 6 plants for a total of 8 Northern Thailand 2008 individuals out of 69 seeds in the process of growing after mutation stage and sexing
View attachment 18748983
Looking good funkyhorse.....is that northern thai the hmong thai the one proff sent out by any chance ?

funkyhorse

Looking good funkyhorse.....is that northern thai the hmong thai the one proff sent out by any chance ?
This is a freebie shared by a danish seedbank.
Seeds were sent by a swedish traveller year 2008 from somewhere in Northern Thailand, that is all the seedbank who shared it knows.
It is the kind of weed I would have sourced if I would have known about this growing world, so the obvious conclusion is my taste in weed is a total comercial failure because the seed was never grown and slept more than 10 years at the fridge of the seedbank.

I dont know who proff is

funkyhorse

Northern Thai 2008 boy is growing some new variegated leaf and of course a few pistils which I dont mind at all, I only care for his precious pollen
Top shot
N Thai boy (5).jpeg

Lower branch
N Thai boy (6).jpeg

The girl is hardly growing a few pistils on winter grow ascending sun hours
Both boy and girl are 1,5 mts tall in a 5 liter pot. Very strong and thick stems
Boy in front, the girl is in the back
N Thai boy in front girl in the back.jpeg

Northern Thai hopeful girl leaf on 5 liter pot
N Thai girl.jpeg

This is the Seedsman Hz x Ohz90 best girl from MadMac x Northern Thailand hermie girl
4 boys and 4 girls
So far girls are firm and not much variability. Much thinner stems than Northern Thailand 2008
All girls are in 5 liter pot
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie girls.jpeg
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie girl.jpeg

(Seedsman Hz x Ohz90) x Northern Thailand 2008 hermie girl
The boys are more diverse. Different sizes and looks. All of them were born same day, boys and girls
All these boys I keep in 1,3 liter pot. I just want to see how they grow
Boy 1
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie male.jpeg

Boy 2 has the biggest fan leaves, very big for a 1,3 liter pot
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie male 2.jpeg
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie male 2 in 1 lt pot.jpeg

Out of 4 boys, the shortest one not reaching 1 mt tall is intersex. 1 out of 8 so far is a much better number than expected
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 x n Thai hermie hermie male.jpeg

Have a nice weekend everybody