What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Ncali

Veteran
Has anyone any knowledge of the purple mexican heirloom in strainly or the jarilla seeds from landrace team?
I'm too old to be traveling to these regions looking for seeds..lol

Purple mexican is Oaxaca and Pakistan chitral kush. Fast grower, great classic terps. Mellow easy buzz.

Jarilla de Sinaloa is a sativa strain from Mexico. I can't speculate on further info.

:good:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Primera dama x oaxaca boel
IMG_20210831_115915.jpg
IMG_20210831_113308.jpg

RenaissanceBrah

Anyone know what might be wrong with my Zacatecas x Michoacan from SnowHigh? Or is it just normal yellowing in flower?

Looks like it has 6 weeks or so left of flower. It did have some stress from not being watered enough lately.

Growing in super soil from Mountainside Organicos, under 4000K Kingbrite LEDs, 7 gallon aerated pots, RH is about 60%, about 26C (78F), watering with RO purified water. Haven't fed anything, just have let the super soil provide nutrients.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1. zacatecas x michoacan.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	17934362

Limeygreen

Veteran
A little bit underfed but remember that a lot of tropicals will start to drop their fan leaf when it's later flowering and they are in their final phase to stack up, and pump up their resin production. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it makes trimming easier when the biggest fans are all dried off and you harvest dead on the vine. If your smaller bud leaf are yellowing then you will be losing your yield potential as well but over feed correction into late flowering can make your finished product harsh of course.

west-eu

Hello my friends

Smoke report :

Highland Guerrero : even if the only girl i had did herm and harvest early .. the smoke was pretty good .... good enough to sprout more another time

First Lady: the flavor were ok and the effect is happy high, social, relax with no done side ( i'll not try again )

Vintage Mexican : is a potent smoke and come fast ... straight in my eyes , stone but not numbing . the flavor is very good complex spicy, dusty, garlic, and more ( if Mystic make Chem d x Vintage Mex i'll buy it )

Oaxacan Gold : AMAZING ... probably one of the best seeds i did in the last 10 years. Tropical, sweet and sour, wood, floral, incence ... a real treat. the effect is psychedelic ( the only gen i'll keep from that run )

RenaissanceBrah

Hello my friends

Smoke report :

Highland Guerrero : even if the only girl i had did herm and harvest early .. the smoke was pretty good .... good enough to sprout more another time

First Lady: the flavor were ok and the effect is happy high, social, relax with no done side ( i'll not try again )

Vintage Mexican : is a potent smoke and come fast ... straight in my eyes , stone but not numbing . the flavor is very good complex spicy, dusty, garlic, and more ( if Mystic make Chem d x Vintage Mex i'll buy it )

Oaxacan Gold : AMAZING ... probably one of the best seeds i did in the last 10 years. Tropical, sweet and sour, wood, floral, incence ... a real treat. the effect is psychedelic ( the only gen i'll keep from that run )

Nice genetics, been wanting to try all of these, thanks for writing the report! Been real curious about the Highland and First Lady.
Out of curiosity, why not try First Lady again? Were you growing more for flavor, or for effect?

(Btw thanks guys for all the help above with my Michoacan x Zacatecas. Just letting her run)

heirloomganja

Apparently old Mexican line gifted to the breeder at original deli by R. C. Clarke. No mention of the location. There's speculation that it's related to (or is) the old Pollyanna line. Not too much info on it is conclusive. Definitely looks hybrid-ish, from the current crop of fems at least.

Thnx, sounds interesting, but would be pity if they made a hybrid out of it and offering it no longer in pure form.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Mexico (and Colombia) knows the NLDA since the antiquity, it comes from the Austronesian spread of cannabis.

These carrot/rose/pepper aromas are signs of the NLDA origin like in South Africa and South India

I'm the prophet :D

olday

Veteran
Mexico (and Colombia) knows the NLDA since the antiquity, it comes from the Austronesian spread of cannabis.

These carrot/rose/pepper aromas are signs of the NLDA origin like in South Africa and South India

I'm the prophet :D

Sorry if it’s a dumb question but what does NLDA stand for?

romanoweed

those Indica - sativa terms are so confusing cause sometime indica means narrowleaves..

Now im getting wound up even more if Narrowleaf Indica came from India ... lolol

west-eu

Nice genetics, been wanting to try all of these, thanks for writing the report! Been real curious about the Highland and First Lady.
Out of curiosity, why not try First Lady again? Were you growing more for flavor, or for effect?

(Btw thanks guys for all the help above with my Michoacan x Zacatecas. Just letting her run)

First thanks to you and all who read my posts ...

Well i'm a modest grower with very limited space ... like you probably and many of us want to try as many genetics as we can to find a real keeper than we love

Both flavor and effect are my main goals with 16 weeks max of flo .... so if i have to sprout 20 to 30 + beans of the same genetic, i must have a good impression with a small numbers first before i dig further the line.... and First lady is not what i'm looking for

And for the Highland i don't know when i'll sprout more atm so i can't tell u more sorry ... but here is some of my F2 Highland mex x Blueberry ( very good line from Chimera you must try )

I have few in flo ... i'll update when needed

fetch?photoid=17984038.jpg

if you have more question do not hesitate... Have fun my friends !!!