What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thanks MAHA. That was the dream but I have no more Oaxacans to bx to. I kept clones for some time but couldn't really grow the hazed f1 until now.

yes, it is kind of easier way to bx it for small hobby grower, then go to F2s and then F3s for oaxacan side. that I see as very hard hard work :D especially F2s can offer some big variation, but it can be fun. keep it up.

west-eu

12 weeks update

Acapulco Gold
fetch?photoid=17821244.jpg

Big spice
fetch?photoid=17821245.jpg

fetch?photoid=17821246.jpg

fetch?photoid=17821247.jpg

west-eu

Thanks Guys ... i'm gonna be very busy this month... so i might not be able to make an update in the near futur..

star crash : nice one mate .. you can see Sour Diesel Riri the dom for flower structure on all girls

both Big Spice and Big South Pump from Maha are very good cross

Maha : thanks again mate .. if you had not gave me Big Spice my e-32 cross would still be in the fridge ( so happy i've sprouted those beans )

i don't think i'll have to really dig to find some winners

Have fun people !

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thanks Guys ... i'm gonna be very busy this month... so i might not be able to make an update in the near futur..

star crash : nice one mate .. you can see Sour Diesel Riri the dom for flower structure on all girls

both Big Spice and Big South Pump from Maha are very good cross

Maha : thanks again mate .. if you had not gave me Big Spice my e-32 cross would still be in the fridge ( so happy i've sprouted those beans )

i don't think i'll have to really dig to find some winners

Have fun people !

have fun too man. I am glad you like it. one of big spice looks to have similar bud like one of e32xhmbb. no?

If I knew you will have such big mexican grow, I would give you mexican ecstasy x holy weed instead of BSP. but at least I am looking forward to read your comparison of bsp vs. sournsage.

beautiful plants.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Oaxacan Hazes

Click image for larger version  Name:	meks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	17836314

I used all my tricks to kill the stretch and it appears I succeeded almost too well. The Oaxacan side seems to have tamed the haze more than I expected. I was expecting a shit tonne of stretch and got none.

I changed from a 250w CFL (Which is a flashlight let's face it) to a 600w LED a couple of weeks ago. I could have gotten a bit more size had I upgraded sooner. I had to make sure they stayed right under the bulb, which is about the size of an American football. Also vegging with the red CFL takes ages! Well I guess yield was never the point anyway. I started giving them bursts of UVB a couple of weeks ago so I hope they'll at least smoke fine.

west-eu

have fun too man. I am glad you like it. one of big spice looks to have similar bud like one of e32xhmbb. no?

If I knew you will have such big mexican grow, I would give you mexican ecstasy x holy weed instead of BSP. but at least I am looking forward to read your comparison of bsp vs. sournsage.

beautiful plants.

hey Maha ..... thanks mate

yes you can see similar flower structure and calyx, the pic 1 of the big spice look like pic 2 of my e32xhmbb

do you have a pics of your Trainwreck cut ? your cut must be really tasty!
here is a pic of my e-32 .... my goal was to bring more yield and flavor to my cut ...

fetch?photoid=17156504.jpg

smoke report : it was very difficult for me to give a fair opinion on potency ... i've smoked my ecsd 1 cut since christmas

Big Spice : i have the girl on pic 1 in re-veg , lovely flavor kind of minty peppery hummm she need a second run, the other 2 ended up really earthy with lemon confit... not the sweet one

Big South Pump : pic 1 and 3 were Sour dom with a twist ... very nice smoke ... i'll not keep any ... i think i have enough Sour D in my mother room you know ... pic 2 this one was like smoking purple kush ... i was surprise ... nice smoke too but no keeper for me

Acapulco Gold : grow like an hybride , nice flavor fruity with something else... can't put a word on it.. very frosty flower... i'll do another run with it next time

Double Oaxacan : the one i let go a bit longer had this fresh lime cleaner flavor ... my wife really like it ... will run more seeds next time

e32 ix 6 bx2 x ( hm x bb ) f1 : i still have 2 in flo ... i've tried 2 ... i have what i wanted frosty, yield and cery good flavor .. sour lime, a little drop of cat piss... my favorite with Big Spice !

i still have the oaxacan gold Vintage Mexican, First Lady and some e32 in flo ...i only had a quick look at it this morning since nearly 2 weeks... it's a bit messy but i will take some pics on monday

See you soon my friends
!!!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey Maha ..... thanks mate

yes you can see similar flower structure and calyx, the pic 1 of the big spice look like pic 2 of my e32xhmbb

do you have a pics of your Trainwreck cut ? your cut must be really tasty!
here is a pic of my e-32 .... my goal was to bring more yield and flavor to my cut ...

smoke report : it was very difficult for me to give a fair opinion on potency ... i've smoked my ecsd 1 cut since christmas

Big Spice : i have the girl on pic 1 in re-veg , lovely flavor kind of minty peppery hummm she need a second run, the other 2 ended up really earthy with lemon confit... not the sweet one

hey. my tw is really tasty. it is top, up there with cookies or anything like that. I am glad you found something you like, 3 females are little number though and cant be called selection. hope you will pop more.. cheers.

LostTribe

Premium user

beautiful plants.

MAHA,

what is the Mexican Ecstasy x Holy weed? Your Mextasy pics look impressive, how does that smoke compare to pure haze?

Blessings
LT

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
MAHA,

what is the Mexican Ecstasy x Holy weed? Your Mextasy pics look impressive, how does that smoke compare to pure haze?

Blessings
LT

I read few articles from late 70s, about weed around USA. and it was all mostly mexican import until 1974/1975 when colombian import started to kick in - so I realized that even if those mexican cartels wouldn't have hybridized true mexicans by skunks, true mexican spears would be still extinct, as colombian weed took over it in late 70s and everybody hybridized mexican with colombian usually and more rarely with thai - this all before massive using indicas.

why they did that? the reason is simply, mexican weed was less strong than colombian or thai... simple as that...or maybe it is not so simple. Mexican varieties had different character to Colombian weed. less denser effect, more up and racy...

mexican ecstasy: crossing oaxacan genetics with thai/colombian(THOH) you get more phenos. those which lead to haze side, smoke like haze. those which lead to oaxacan side smoke like mexican :D mextasy is mexican ecstasy in short. holy weed I have, is not pure mexican, it is mexican x afghan. and was used to pump up yield of Mextasy... but still mexican character is preserved, while it has bottom power of colombian/thai :D we called this cross Surreal.

Surreal(mextasy x holy weed) grown by LimeyGreen, I think this medusa pheno could have some relation to zacatecas purple:

fetch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts