What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Rgd

Veteran
TH mex from cbf gifted seeds

when I selected seeds I had made from the sole germs.. 2 males and two females..all similarly wld -ish

many tall and varied pheno’s popped up

varied highs..the odd hermi..Interested to see how these turn out..its been several years

IMG_5539.JPG
IMG_5538.JPG

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone smoked the famed Yucatan Gold? This went for over twice the price of Zacatecas Purple and Oaxacan during the seventies, according to High Times quotes. These were prices for pot inside Mexico.

I had some pot which was called Yucatan Gold and while good it was not spectacular. 1979 or so. I am guessing Yucatan Gold was Colombian Gold imported to Yucatan or maybe it was grown there. My Yucatan could have been local grown here in California due to it being so fresh looking. The stuff I had was not lumbo, I am sure of that.

Around that same time I ran across Michoacan. This stuff was pinkish in color and very fresh. Very good high. Again, I wondered if it was local grown in California. The cali stuff was taking off by then.

I paid around $15 for a half ounce, so kind of too cheap to be real I think.

blondie

Oaxacan highland gold. Not looking very landracey unfortunately. Started indoor from seed. Put out a week or so ago now. Planted in composted recycled happy frog.

Attachments

• B2CB8E68-BCA6-42D3-9B00-A20CB5F94CB0.jpeg
    B2CB8E68-BCA6-42D3-9B00-A20CB5F94CB0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • 8385C019-3A6D-4824-90F6-4ACD109846F4.jpeg
    8385C019-3A6D-4824-90F6-4ACD109846F4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

chewiesmoke

Sure would be nice if Hyp3rids had a distributor in the states - haven't have much luck w/ customs lately.

All those swell Central American genetics and you gotta be in europe to get them, damn it all...
Seedbank International has our beans in the US, or you can order direct from us. All purchases from our official website are 100% guaranteed. No one loses out. Hyp3

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
guerrero 2023.JPG

This is the Chimera Guerrero x Blueberry at chop time. No amber resin but lots of milky resin. Forgot how long it took to flower, as other projects keeping me busy. Maybe 11 weeks at 9 hours lights on. Height is 15 inches with lots of bending and keeping the light close.

A couple of 17 watt LED lights in a splitter over this in the corner of a closet, no tent or filter. Tried to clone it we will see. I think this is the Guerrero leaning pheno, anyways I like it. Have grown maybe 20 females of this line and this is as good as I have gotten from this strain.

west-eu

Hello my mexican lover freinds !!

acespicoli i don't know if cryptic will do the Oaxacan Gold .... i would buy more :)
The vintage Mexican and the Highland guererro are earlier in this thread
i still have 2 Highland Guererro i will flo in 2 month

But my cut still alive and spread
P1410896.JPG

elchischas i love those finger leaves on your Popocatépetl Mother .... sexy !!! and nice avatar by the way !

willydread yesum have you found some real keeper from Snowhigh seeds ?

ctg i'm glad someone show us Garra(Jalisco) and Puma(Zacatecas) from hyp3rids

i don't know about there seeds yet but i have 2 of there cut
the Wolfman F1 (Kuato cut) and the Limon verde

i did 1 run with 3 Limon Verde and the smoke was very nice even the leaves somke well
mainly lemon but i can smell touches of spicy black pepper cat piss.
i'm sorry i have not done any pics ... i was too busy but she grow with 1 tall main bud with lots of side branches very frosty sativa .

Here is the mother
P1410892.JPG

Here the Highland Mexican x Blueberry f2 (lime incence pheno) i'll spread it too

P1410883.JPG

There is an Oaxacan Diesel v1 cut too i'll spread .... very fast 60 days max , not a big yield, she will herm at the end of flo but don't produce many seeds .... only found 4 seeds in one plant
But the combo is exactly what i was looking for :) ( as it does not always work you know )

P1410211.JPG

Have fun my friends !!!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@willydread @yesum have you found some real keeper from Snowhigh seeds ?
I love the Michoacan even though I only have it as a hybrid, some plants lean way over to the Michoacan side. I hope to include a couple Zacatecas Purple/hyp3rids plants into my current grow, waiting on the seeds to arrive.

I bought and was gifted many Mexican strains from Snowhigh. Most are quite good but super stuff? No. But I run so many lines each time with low plant counts, that I miss some of the phenos in a line. I would like to revisit the Torreon Violet and Mexican Red Hair for sure.

RobFromTX

Tell us more about effect if I may be so needy?? Grew one out guerilla but succumbed to bot.

Thanks! And peace brother.
F2F

The effect is very euphoric and giggly. Not so much energetic as some mexican varieties can be, but perfect for lounging around and watching simpsons. The smells are my favorite aspect of this strain, straight up pina colada after a short jar cure. A great strain all around :smoke:

alvin88

Hey yall I'd like some suggestions on what I'm looking for.

I have a strong recollection of the first time I smoke "good" Mexican. Growing up in South Carolina when I started smoking in 2005, all I could really easily get was old Mexican brick. After a few months though I was able to get mids which at that time and place meant fresh, loose, unbricked mexican buds.

I clearly remember getting a quarter oz and it was one big, very airy, lime green bud. I still remember the intense smell of menthol and pine, with a hint of some sort of citrus. The high was extremely up, giggly, trippy, and I don't recall there being much paranoia, which was a warm welcome for my young brain compared to the nasty brick.

Obviously I don't expect to be able to guess what area that came from but I'm hoping to get close to something that at least fits those flavor and high characteristics.

Thanks yall!! Gonna go back to drooling over these pics in here now