What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Mahalo Maha Kala Hell of a year. I just scored some seeds. Got them from the FlyinHawaiian a couple of days ago. He got them from the same source as the Molokai Frost.
Citrus Kush x Diesel. His buddy made these 6 years ago from some of the last seeds he got from his uncle ( The General). Hawaiian said the Diesel was a epic cut he lost. I have a pheno of the Citrus Kush aka Molokai Citrus Kush. She is super tasty.
So now both lines I'm playing with have their roots in Maui County in the mid 80's. Been raining for a few months now.
Here is the Hawaiian Cherry Kush ( Molokai Citrus Kush x Black Mamba) was just a test run. These were from late fall.

beautiful plants. I thought Hawaii is paradise, but few months of raining doesn't sound like that to me.

I was lurking your molokai frost albums. lovely.

Sunshineinabag

Had a buddy who went by the handle rikdabrick at riu many moons ago on Kauai let me try real deal 808 gear. They loved those trade winds appently! I'd do anything to touch it mahalo

​​​n:peacock:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
fetch

fetch

RandomKindness

20210419_012532.jpg

Molokai Frost

Howzit on oahu running Molokai Frost & other beans from GoodGearSeeds. got some HSC stuff going too

Attachments

• 20210419_012532.jpg
    20210419_012532.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210419_012532.jpg
    20210419_012532.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 41

justabluez

Veteran
looks nice, how does it smoke?

Just got a test bud dry enough for the vape. I must say, I feel like I'm sitting on a big chair above myself......kind of strange....
Quite different kind of high....but similiar to tanBD-AgPD.......I feel uplifted,,,,,,,but I also feel like laughing....for no reason....
I feel speedy.......like I want to run 3 miles real fast.....6 min mile.........yeah....sure....

The taste is like coffee....or bitter....or maybe even chocolate a little.....
Not really fruity.....more SPICY........
I feel strangely HAPPY for some reason.....
I can feel the "old-skool" vibe in this weed.....
Not super potent, but you can feel the buzz......and its a fun euphoric .....and a little stoney.....
I think I might get the munchies..........
I think my face may hurt later from smiling so damn much.....for no damn reason....

This would be the perfect weed for a walk in the park.......

Cant really describe the smell....Reminds me of the UV Haze.......just has this kind of "hazey" smell

I must say that the TanBD-AGPD has the same smell and taste...but a bit more lemony.....

Can't wait to run it again.....

justabluez

Veteran
Another Blazing Dragon Smoke report:

Its still barely dry.....but I keep nipping at it. It has a nice high to it...I can feel it in the middle of my back....and up my spine.....
In the Vape....it just taste kind of spicy...or like a powdered sugar 7up taste trying to come through.....
It definitely makes me feel like I slammed down a couple espresso.......
High energy and kind of euphoric.....stoney....a little......
Am I cheech or am I chong.......

Nice smoke.....cant wait to see how she smokes when she actually gets in the jars for a few months.....

Will run again.......

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Another Blazing Dragon Smoke report:

Its still barely dry.....but I keep nipping at it. It has a nice high to it...I can feel it in the middle of my back....and up my spine.....
In the Vape....it just taste kind of spicy...or like a powdered sugar 7up taste trying to come through.....
It definitely makes me feel like I slammed down a couple espresso.......
High energy and kind of euphoric.....stoney....a little......
Am I cheech or am I chong.......

Nice smoke.....cant wait to see how she smokes when she actually gets in the jars for a few months.....

Will run again.......

yeah let us know. sounds like weed I like. without that stoney. but hawaiians are stoney.

I was biking on Kona Gold, and it is not couchlock weed at all, but it was the slowest bike ride ever. not that I would feel tired or something. it was just tempo dictated by KG. relaxed and sunshine in heart :D very great weed for nothing to do moments.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Starting some Island Hopper over here.
Kona Gold X Afgooey.
My first time with this.
What am I expecting?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i have found the same ,, sometimes the weed grown outside those areas is still ok , perhaps better than the average and better than dj found ,
but overall there will be no comparison to growing it in its homeland ,
this would be true of most stuff grown closer to the equator imho ...

theres a good reason why hawaiin , thai etc got a good name , genetics and the location it was grown ...

sure man. environment makes half of phenotype and phenotype is what we smoke... there are two ways to do it, acclimatize it in your location, it can take years and some traits can be lost. or you can cross with something that grows well in your location. second way is easier for little growers, but it is different to original :D it is very interesting matter for sure.

today we have such humidity that I cant make sieved hash. impossible... I have to freeze it a little..

Naindejardin

Youre more likely to find Molakai, Hawaiian sativa, Hawaiian indica (maui wowie), cat piss on the commercial market.

Sad, I heard my mom talk highly of the Hawaiian originals. It’s unfair how there’s not more availability of things like Acapulco gold, Thai Stick, or the aforementioned old school Hawaiians. 😪 my age it’s all polyploid 🍰🦍🍪 trash that puts me to bed. I’m sure I’m not the only one to have this same rant. Hah

Thcvhunter
Cheers and thanks for the reply.

romanoweed

There is actually one old Line on the market. Naindejarin, if youre passionate about preserving a Line you get Link

send PM, when you have 50 posts you can PM

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
what can you guys tell me about Molokai Frost ?

Star hope this helps.

soooo, i have been kind of stoned lately, and thinking back to yesterdays when i actually had a thread about the Moloka'i Frost, and how it went south a couple of times due to this internet and growing pakalolo thing, soooo i been thinking that maybe i should get the word out about the Frost again. :)

i guess i just want to kind of keep the record straight about the Frost. pretty much anyone that has the Frost now, originally got it from me, because the guy i got it from does NOT give out the strain to people online. i am not sure if he even has a pure copy of the strain anymore, but i'm sure they still do on Moloka'i somewhere, but it is called by a different name. so i will talk about my current Frost grow, and document it, and possibly make seeds through open pollenation. i want to talk about the growth characteristics, the high, the smell, the taste...all of that good stuff.

ok, here we go.

alright, i don't have any pictures of my current grow yet, but i figured i'd start with some info and pics that a friend put down on another site in another time about the Frost, here we go:

"i got the Frost from afoaf.......there's some good history on this strain.....the name Moloka'i Frost actually came from the person from Moloka'i who gave me the original seeds....it is his family's strain, and he wanted to name it, apparently...........he grew it when he first went to school here, and said it didn't do as well here as on Moloka'i.........the original name of the strain on Moloka'i is something else ....soooooo, this person gave me the Frost after tasting some of my Spice of Life Adventure Mix pakalolo that i had done indoors at the time......he was impressed by the pot....and said that he had this killer strain to give me to see how i could do it indo......it was the Frost....."

"wellll....i never really got to try the Moloka'i Frost indoors, as i just couldn't justify it at the time, BUT, i did get to try it outdoor during the long season, and couldn't believe the results when the plant was finished..... ....needless to say....i fell in love with the plant, and was extremely happy to have had used the two prime males to openly pollenate the two Frost females to continue the strain, as i originally got 12 seeds, six of which i gave to a VERY trusted online member, and popped the 6 left, with 3 coming up male, 2 female, and one seed a no pop...the MAN told me that these were his last original seeds that he had brought with him from Moloka'i .....so let's just say that i'm happy i kept the strain around.....anywho....here are some pix of the latest round of Frosts....these are mostly pix from some seedlings, although i still have clones of the original seed mother plants going..... "

"well....on to a little about the characteristics of the plant.....the Moloka'i Frost is one of my favorite smokes.....i have gone through a number of strains, personally growing out each one, and have found the Frost to be very suited to my style of growing, and suting my tastes very welll.

the original seeds, of which i have clones, are a semi-sweet, florally, somewhat fruity undertones with a tickle up the nose kind of smoke.....the flavor comes through most of the joint, although i haven't had a chance to completely let them cure yet..........thew smoke after exhaling smells beautiful.

the stone is right in the ****ing head.....but not paranoia....not really sociable either....not trippy....just stoned, but high rocked in the head, not in the body.....although it hits the body hard if smoking A LOT........

the seedlings are much the same, with a little more variance, which is what i was searching for in the first place.......some are more stinky fruity, others have some of the same minty smells as the seed mother plants.....alll good.

the yield is low, unless vegged out to a proper size.....

one of the BEST parts of this plant is the finishing time.......i have pulled clones outdoor in Hawai'i's ....very quick for what seems to be a purely Sativa strain....don't believe all of the hype people....grow what you know, and enjoy what you grow!....."

most of this info is still good, i haven't grown it indoors yet still, but others have and have had good and bad results, there is some hermy in the strain...although i thought i had been doing a good job of breeding that to a minimum, but we will see with this current grow.

finally, some pictures of the pure frost at different times :)

aloha everyone, e komo mai (come inside) :wave:

TFH

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...27-the-moloka-i-frost-thread-and-more?t=73286

Latest posts

Latest posts