What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRSC Tirah Valley

p59teitel

image_2118699.jpg
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2118700.jpg Views:	4 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	18096664

After drying since harvest it’s time to make the heel hash. My dry sifting skills are limited, so there’s too much green material to try to do full melt or hand rolled stuff. A few drops of water and a few hours in the shoe produces a firm product that is a pretty smooth smoke with minimal ash. Effects tend more to the narcotic side, although a few hits during the daytime provides a nice euphoric result along with the relaxation. Ended up with around 1 and 2/3 oz. out of 1 pound of some very dry flower. Also ended up with a bunch of almost black finger hash eggs from hand-crushing the flowers that is very tasty and makes me want to try hand-rubbing fresh flower someday.

Not sure exactly what I’ll run outdoors this year, will definitely do a few repro TRSC Balkhi from seeds I made two years as a couple of friends love that strain and use it to combat insomnia. And was also thinking maybe TRSC Kabul, anyone here grow that one yet?

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Wow looks killer, nice work. Impressed they finished in time that far north. Tirah seems to be the earliest finishing of the hashplants, the lower elevation stuff like Kandahar and Balkh seems to finish into November so far north. It really takes a few generations of selection to get the finishing time to the first week of October and to select the ones with good mold resistance.

p59teitel

Click image for larger version  Name:	B25FFD35-1395-4B57-8E13-0E537B0838DC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	18100590
Click image for larger version  Name:	EE8F9C6E-3454-467C-B063-4D87F8E51462.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	18100591
Thanks. I wound up taking five of them down before a big storm hit Oct. 27 with 70+ mph winds. A couple maybe could have gone a week or so more, but they were pretty close to being done. I wanted more time for two of the three I left and ran out of time to chop the third. That one got blown over and snapped when its central support pole failed, but the other two made it through upright.

I took one of the two remainders on a frosty night November 6, and kept the other one that was way slow in flowering through another hard frost before finally chopping November 18. That one still hadn’t really sugared up much and I put the whole thing into hash.

Decided to try for better dry sift and ordered a 40 micron screen that hopefully will let the green stuff out that is visible through the microscope in the pics.

Last edited:

Lebanizer

p59teitel
I'm dying of envy that you can grow such humongous hash trees ! I wish I could do the same, esp with himalayan plants. They would give you buckets full of buds that you can further process into stratospherically potent soaring elite grade hash !

When you dry sifted your plants, did you mix the them all to make hash ? Or did you make hash from one plant then from anther etc ?

If you have enough time, I'd love to read a smoke review.

That thread made me daydreaming 😂

p59teitel

3214B2C1-8D1E-4C53-9AE5-498ACFC69E1A.jpeg

E77513D7-9EC8-4D05-8893-BD3786E67761.jpeg

Hi Lebanizer, I credit the genetics and a record warm June for the trees I ended up with. I hung the branches to dry until the end of January, then stripped the flowers from all the branches into a garbage bag, so the hash is a mix of all 8 females.

40 micron screen arrives today, now I just need to have a few nights get below freezing so I can go into the garage and sift the remaining few pounds.

Your remarks about Himalayan plants reminded me that I haven’t mentioned the finger hash I got from hand-crushing the flowers after they had dried. Got several nice eggs from that and it did get me thinking about making some from fresh undried flower someday.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

image widget