What's new

Asian Tales of the Green One

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings & Love everyone !

well well well, since the landrace sub-forum has been created I've decided to move on with an old promise I made in many occasions to revive the old "Asian Goodies" thread that I had started on OG and which many people told me they enjoyed so much reading it (thank you!).

It will start from my first journey in 2002 and will treat about the plant in Kashmir, Pakistan & India. The plant AND the humans living around it, because ya just can't separate them. The plant wouldn't be what it is today without us humans, and us we humans sure wouldn't be where we are without the plant. I hope to make it as enjoyable as the first version was, if not more as new journeys & discoveries have occured since.

I'd like to introduce some rules for this thread. All questions and comment are of course welcome & pictures are welcome too, BUT under certain conditions.
Means that when I'm treating about, say, Chitral, you are welcome to post pictures of Chitrali plants you are growing or have grown (unworked landrace & inbred lines, no hybrid involving chitrali genetics). Only Chitrali plants. If you wanna post pics of some Parvati landrace, then please wait for the discussion to reach this area. Of course, outdoor plants are prefered but nice indoor plants showing a good expression of some phenotype are ok.
Pictures of Nepali or Afghan or South Indian strains, for instances, have no place here, until I visit these areas and then post about them. No messy mixing please. Well, I'm not a stupid arse who will neg-rep anyone who goes against these rules above, but let's just try to do it a smooth and well organized reading.
I will follow my travel chronology from the start in 2002, so if you miss one opportunity to post pictures, another will come as most areas have been visited several times (or will be again if not yet).

hmm, I think that's all... the journey will start some day this week.

Irie !

Dimajones-AICC-

Veteran
This gonna be a great thread..
..i pull up a chair here to watch the show mriko.

Lets go tru the wonderfull Asian Tales!

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Wonderful Mriko! Thank's for open this thread, it's going to be so interesting!!!

Salud!!!:woohoo:

H

HeryRhom

Best vibes Mriko, so happy to discover these, thanks... Passion at its peak bro' :)

Salam alaykoum
Namaskar
:ying:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
hey thanks everyone !
Sorry that I haven't started yet, I just very tired these days and can't find the concentration to remember & write it all. Hopefully will get fit enough soon. Will do my best to start writing this week.

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Nice, thanks for bumping & reminding me quitelost.
I happen to have aquired a scanner for slides so this is going to fasten things up ! Hope I'll start filling the thread before the end of this year !

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Yup static shock, I have at last started to scan the slides and the Kashmir chapter is about to be started. Probably some time this week.
Sorry for the delay, had to deal (& still have) with some health problem which slow me down considerably sometimes... Anyway, NO! I'm not gonna say again "soon soon", let's start it right away !

OK, many pics (all that from Kashmir) were shot in 2002, with a traditional camera, so bare with me for the low definition when there is.

Let's start with a bit of road-side greenery

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Irie !

jessethestoner

That last pic is very nice. How tall were those plants?

I like to imagine all those bushes in the distance are more cannabis plants.

Finally for the locals that smoke do they only smoke charas and hash? And do they have certain things they look for in plants other than trichomes and ripeness?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings Jesse,

They were growing on the road side, I'd say the tallest would be around 2 meters.

I like to imagine all those bushes in the distance are more cannabis plants.

Well, some are actually. Sometimes, right in the middle of rice paddies, you can see small fenced "garden", filled with tall poplar-like sativa plants.

Finally for the locals that smoke do they only smoke charas and hash?

Both. THey produce sieved hash and handrubbed charas.
Handrubbed charas is called "attar" (well, the highest quality), and is usually very strong. All sativa, uplifting & psychedelic, some can be racy, definitely not beginners stuff.

The sieved hash is one of my favorites. It's called "garda" and is made a very special way, as the loose resin gets heated and/or steamed before being packed in corn leaves, which are then sealed and very tightly twisted, producing oen of the most beautifull hash to be found, and one of the best either. Also full sativa high, uplifting & psychedelic, mood-enhancing with no ceiling, a true wonder.

Here's one tola (about 11gr) of Kashmiri twisted garda

1254KashTG1.jpg

1254KashTG2.jpg

I'll upload more hash pics later today.

And do they have certain things they look for in plants other than trichomes and ripeness?

Ach, alas, this I can't answer as my stay in Kashmir was unplanned and only one week-long. It was in July 2002, right when India & Pakistan were said to be on the verge of nuclear war, and situation was actually pretty tense up there with zillions of soldiers dotting the valley.
That was more of a recon would I say. Meeting growers wasn't possible at that time...

Irie !

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Coincidence or not, but bought some Garda from Peshawar yesterday.Nice shots btw Mriko :yes:

Keep on growing :)

mack 10

Veteran
^^I want all the garda:) looks great. and great thread.
I often wondered what Garda actually ment, and weither it was fresh glands or pressed hash.
Great thread mirko, keep the pics coming.
mack

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Coincidence or not, but bought some Garda from Peshawar yesterday.

Aaaaw, how I envy you man, it's been way too long since I had the opportunity to hand press some nice sticky garda. Homemade hash is just not the same...enjoy !

I often wondered what Garda actually ment, and weither it was fresh glands or pressed hash.

Means, powder, dust.
In Kashmir, it designates the end product, pictured above, while in Pakistan or Afghanistan, it is used to name the sieved resin, before it is cooked & pressed. When I lived in Paris I had a friend from Pakistan to whom I used to bring some hash from time to time, Moroccan hash was garda for him.

Little more twisted garda, sorry for blurriness

picture.php

picture.php

Irie !

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
:yummy:

Thanks for passing the peace knowledge bro, great project! Your ARICA asso is not far... Best wishes full wibes' :smoke: