What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strainguide Tips: How to get your listing posted.

Skip

Veteran
First I wish to thank everyone who has contributed to the new IC Strainguide. It's really coming along nicely! :)

I must report that nearly half the strain submissions are being rejected for a number of reasons. Save yourself time and your submission from being rejected by follow this advice:

1. Incomplete info. While it's not mandatory to complete every field in the form, you must show that you know the strain well and provide a significant amount of information that would be useful to a grower looking for a new strain. Leaving out major info like growing recommendations or even the description itself is reason for rejection. No point posting a strain if you don't have enough info. If you have some new, useful info to add to an existing strain, just search for it and add your info in the comment field.

2. Strain already listed. Many are posting up popular strains like AK-47 without checking to see if it's already listed in the strainguide. We are only interested in NEW STRAINS or significant variants that haven't been listed yet. If you don't search for the strain, you won't know whether it's listed yet, and if it is, your submission will be rejected, so search first!

3. Posting Grow Reports in Strain List. If you have grown the strain and want to report about your grow, you create a Grow Report, not a new strain listing. Many of you are just starting grows and placing them in the strain list. So we end up with an incomplete grow report posted in the wrong place. These get deleted too. Please wait until your grow is finished before you create a Grow Report, and then make sure it goes in the Grow Report section of the strain guide.

We don't want to reject anyone's submissions, but unless they follow the above rules, they will be deleted.

Links to outside breeder websites.
While this won't result in your submission being rejected, the link will be deleted or substituted with another on icmag or seedbay or seedboutique if available.

Please remember that we review all submissions and we edit them if necessary.

Biggest Problem with Images. Many of you are posting the wrong URLs for your images. As stated on the form the URLs should start with http:// or https://, not (img) or other forum tags. Of course they can't end with a similar tag either. All we want in the form fields are the direct url to the image itself. If you post an image in a big MESSAGE BOX, then those tags will work, but not in the single line image fields of the form. OK?

Thanks again to those who are contributing to the strainguide! :)

bootea

No criticism Skip but the Strain guide Tips sounds like a scout master talking to his scouts who are going for their cultivation merit badges. I can imagine what it looks like. Its amusing and all very clearly written.

serious6

dumb-bell here again skip! where is it?

do you want the cannabis world strain collection before it went down?

thank you, straightened out my meds again. diabeties can sure mess things up.

serious6

i found it but a question? do you only list available strains as i did a search for some of my old favorites like delat and cherrybomb sativa and came up empty.

as well no info on breeders such as fleur du mal or motarebel, to name a couple. thanks for any answer. im keeping a low profile.

F

Funion

Is the strain guide being added to on a regular basis? Which moderator is handling the submissions?

Skip

Veteran
If you have completed a strain submission or grow report you can let me know and I'll review it. Just PM me.

It would be nice if ppl also post up at least one image of the strain.

Dortmationat

First I wish to thank everyone who has contributed to the new IC Strainguide. It's really coming along nicely! :)

I must report that nearly half the strain submissions are being rejected for a number of reasons. Save yourself time and your submission from being rejected by follow this advice:

1. Incomplete info. While it's not mandatory to complete every field in the form, you must show that you know the strain well and provide a significant amount of information that would be useful to a grower looking for a new strain. Leaving out major info like growing recommendations or even the description itself is reason for rejection. No point posting a strain if you don't have enough info. If you have some new, useful info to add to an existing strain, just search for it and add your info in the comment field.

2. Strain already listed. Many are posting up popular strains like AK-47 without checking to see if it's already listed in the strainguide. We are only interested in NEW STRAINS or significant variants that haven't been listed yet. If you don't search for the strain, you won't know whether it's listed yet, and if it is, your submission will be rejected, so search first!

3. Posting Grow Reports in Strain List. If you have grown the strain and want to report about your grow, you create a Grow Report, not a new strain listing. Many of you are just starting grows and placing them in the strain list. So we end up with an incomplete grow report posted in the wrong place. These get deleted too. Please wait until your grow is finished before you create a Grow Report, and then make sure it goes in the Grow Report section of the strain guide.

We don't want to reject anyone's submissions, but unless they follow the above rules, they will be deleted.

Links to outside breeder websites. While this won't result in your submission being rejected, the link will be deleted or substituted with another on icmag or seedbay or seedboutique if available.

Please remember that we review all submissions and we edit them if necessary.

Biggest Problem with Images. Many of you are posting the wrong URLs for your images. As stated on the form the URLs should start with http:// or https://, not (img) or other forum tags. Of course they can't end with a similar tag either. All we want in the form fields are the direct url to the image itself. If you post an image in a big MESSAGE BOX, then those tags will work, but not in the single line image fields of the form. OK?

Thanks again to those who are contributing to the strainguide! If you love survival games, please refer to Vampire Survivors game, my friends introduced me to this great game.

Helpful advice. Thank you for your writing.