What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 GG#4 strains side by side

Hello folks,
i wanted to compare 2 gg#4 breeders, one i know is Real Gorilla Seeds, RGS, the other is new for me, it's BSF seeds, like Bigger Faster Stronger.

picture.php

RGS seeds are mostly very good, and give dank weed for a very affordable price. BFS, i've tried twice already, BUT each time i made a fatal error, and i could never go till the end, but it was my fault.

Germination : sadly, on 3 RGS seeds, only one popped. So bad, but one stays in the race, it's the most important. The 3 BFS seeds popped very fast with a strong germ.

They are still babies...

RGS in black pot, BFS in orange pots.

To complete this grow, i added 2 BFS seeds to pop, 2 days after, because they germed faster.

Five days from sprout...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope this thread will be interesting, so far BFS are a little faster...

iTarzan

I am riding along John Loque. I am the first here. I am #1. Woohoo! I get a command chair on the bridge.

The seedlings look really healthy. Seems like a silly statement but lots of people already have problems at this early stage.

I am riding along John Loque. I am the first here. I am #1. Woohoo! I get a command chair on the bridge.

The seedlings look really healthy. Seems like a silly statement but lots of people already have problems at this early stage.

Welcome aboard, iTarzan.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SnoMonkey cross from Stank Bros - GG4 x (GROM x Digi Bx1)

I think there are a lot of inferior GG4 crosses out there. If in anyway the yield or resin field density is decreased, then it's not a keeper, compared to the mother.

These seeds were first made in 2014. It took 6 years to find a true keeper - one that actually was on par with the mother cut.

GG4 breeds fire - but to find something better than herself, that is the true challenge, and she's kinda a hard plant to best.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Good luck in your hunt!

dank.Frank

They changed for the flowering room and 12/12 cycle. The RGS is in the middle, the BFS every where else. The BFS grow big but they don't make long roots, only the RGS has long roots, so i had to put it in the middle, at a lower level than the other, not in NFT but DWC.

A few day of 12/12 : One the right, this plant has a really great vigor, maybe i'll polinate her later... I did not top them, maybe i should have...

picture.php

picture.php

The RGS, not very branchy...
picture.php

The biggest and fastest!!!
picture.php

10 days of 12/12 : Big leaves for the BFS and a big delay for the RGS. On the right, it's a real monster, huge leaves that i have to trim to help the lower tips to reach the canopy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A little update at almost 4 weeks :
Trichomes are showing, the RGS is not a good choice as it makes only one bud and no side branches.

RGS :

picture.php

BFS

picture.php

6 weeks update : I think my NFT system is bad. It is the third time i use it, and 3 times they finish too early. As you see, some are dark green, and some are yellow, alreay dying almost. It's not strain dependant. So i'll be back on bubblers only next time...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well still alive ...but it's very strange. Some are happy, some not at all...The yellow ones have cloudy trichs, the green ones have clear trich...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Harvest and smoke report :

The BFS, Bigger Faster Stronger have been bigger and faster that's right. The RGS, Real Gorilla Seeds had no luck from the start, only one popped, and it was quite a runt.
But, in terms of smell, bag appeal and potency, the RGS wins this contest easily. First it smells like strong weed, hash flavor. But when you smoke it, you have the real taste of bubble hash or cisors hash if you see what i mean. Veru strong smoke. Don't put too much, you could caugh.
A keeper definitely!

Fortunately, while they were flowering, i was growing a male in another tent ( or a female reversed with STS) only to collect the pollen. So i manipulated male pollen in the same growing area. And all my GG have seeds. Just a few. The seeds from the RGS are big and dark brown, i put some to germ...

Latest posts

Latest posts