What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An Original Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

BillFarthing

Veteran
Tony- The initial outcross in OG Glue RIL was to reduce herm tendencies, right?

I popped 24 beans, 20 plants and only had one herm. That's still on par with something like Afghani that has been stabilized over several generations. Good work!

Crazy Chester

I popped 24 beans, 20 plants and only had one herm. That's still on par with something like Afghani that has been stabilized over several generations. Good work!

Hi, Bill - I'm curious, leaving aside the one herm, how many males and females did you get out of the other 19 seeds that germed?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I asked JW if 5% was a decent number as I aim for a population to be under that and he said Tony, it's a plant, you done good, you cant always make it do what you want because you're not god and it's made to throw balls to survive. He thought 5 was great said more like 1 out of 10 was average.

The thing that can get anyone is statistics, ie the 3 all male packs I've unluckily packed up in my life or a guy gets a bad ratio. I try to put overfill to help average bad luck. You know so if a guy had bad luck I'd help em out somehow...

The overwhelming majority are amazing. Couple runts, couple intersex out of almost 10k beans.
I think we nailed it to the fucking wall.

No matter what nobody should be talking about another man's kids. Dont worry about how I feed my kids. Everything I do in life is for my children. So what?

There is high end breeders doing it for high stakes gambling money, poker debt, fame, fortune, high life, 500 dollar bottles of sts, lieing cheating and stealing off the community in large amounts selling 500 packs so fuck off me because I take care of my kids lol.

Anyway the shits been/being grown by people everywhere. I ain't gotta defend shit!
I hope someone enters a fucking cup lol....

This is the kind of line where all the girls are great a bunch are amazing and a few are ungodly, throw the rest away and leave my family out of any critique would be the civilized thing to do.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

All I know is, I'm not afraid of getting a herm here and there - I want to try these seeds when space opens up in my garden - because the great majority of them are looking awesome!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Rodehazrd

I popped one vial culled two grew out the other nine had eight lanky girls and one short girl. Put the short one outside ran the other eight under hps over 90 degrees in a light leaky room no herms here. I was hoping for a male to cross with some of my other hybrids but no ganja bang on the ridge this season. I still have one to go though.
I never did get enough calcium in them. Running clones now with more calcium nitrate but still saw spots in the stretch. I’m at ec 1.5

Zomboy

Veteran
I popped one vial culled two grew out the other nine had eight lanky girls and one short girl. Put the short one outside ran the other eight under hps over 90 degrees in a light leaky room no herms here. I was hoping for a male to cross with some of my other hybrids but no ganja bang on the ridge this season. I still have one to go though.
I never did get enough calcium in them. Running clones now with more calcium nitrate but still saw spots in the stretch. I’m at ec 1.5

All females, Im hoping for some males in my pack.. I’d like a few to look through so i might drop my other pack.

Besides the short one were they mostly uniform?

eyesdownchronic

Out of 10 seeds, I got 8 plants, no runts, 4 m 4f. 3f looked the same in veg with one being a variegated outlier. the other 3 that looked the same segregated into 2 glue leaner and 1 displaying sour bubble traits. cuts were taken off of 1 of the glue leaners plus the sour bubble recessive and in rerun veg they look drastically different, even though they looked practically identical from seed.
I also think its worth noting that all of the RIL's had quite slow vigor. they grow large with mostly exaggerated internodal length, but the actual plant vigor from seed i.e leaf unfolding rate was slower than just about anything else I was running exp. fpog f3, alien orange gum, banana og f3, etc. and on par if not a bit slower than some royal kush IX. once they developed into mid veg plants and were topped they sped up, but from seed they move slow. at least mine did. (to be honest this should be expected considering how inbred the line is)
also everything flowered in not the best of conditions (high temp, low air flow, tight spacing) and no herms.

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm hitting mine at 5 ml per gallon calcium. They also like more P in veg than you would suspect.

Rodehazrd

My lanky girls were mostly the same looked like a pack of fems. I honestly cannot tell glue from gb leaners they all get those crepe paper leaves in veg
Are you talking about leafs shape or long internode when you say she leans?

eyesdownchronic

My lanky girls were mostly the same looked like a pack of fems. I honestly cannot tell glue from gb leaners they all get those crepe paper leaves in veg
Are you talking about leafs shape or long internode when you say she leans?

its somewhat both.

the glue leaners and gb leaner were all very strecthy with similar leaf morphology from seed up until flower. then, in flower main difference became that the GB leaner started to show slightly different leaf morpholgy. the pic i posted earlier in the thread does a good job showing the difference in leaf morphology. the GB leaner also had ~30% less stretch. now in reruns from clone there is quite a bit more variation, even just in overall plant structure. so the gb leaner responds very easily to topping and forms a nice rounded bush with a straight headge like top. the glue pheno has more of a "viney?/ branchy" nature, and doesnt respond as easily to training. it seems to favor only 1 or a couple main growths, leaves are heavy glue looking.
ill get some pics up of the plants in rereun veg as soon as i can. been having trouble uploading pics from my camera.

edit* here are the leaf morphology pics.
glue

gb

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look for spacing between fan fingers as a sign as well. Great description though. Sour B dominance would show in fat fan leaves that overlap or touch and the glue leaners more space between fingers and more wavy banana leaf types.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's awesome Tony! is there a similar lab test for the straight RIL anywhere?

need4weed

Veteran
Guys, I got a new batch of ril coming. I'll get some to gyp. EU banks give me the cold shoulder otherwise. I meant to do so when they came out but didnt have enough. Put in a good word with puresativa for me!

Be good if you can get them to uk seed banks. I'm keen to run these but buying out of the US is a pain in the arse at times.
Would seedsman or attitude take any?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've emailed before to no avail. Put in a good word!
Karma collabo coming next year maybe he can assist in that regard. I'll ask around again when the time comes.