What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An Original Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
no... i just have an open ballast. i thought I would be able to get away with it because its winter but i guess not. for next run if i run at the full 630w ill have to invest in some fan system to get rid of the heat. i dont think my ballst can hook up to a fan itself, so ill just have to get like a window fan to blow on it or something. that or just run it on 480w instead.

Yes, if growing in a room tough to vent without putting holes in wall. I use 4 X 8 tent. When using HID I used cool tubes, so no heat issues in tent since all contained in airstream of fan and flexible conduit.

Now with LEDS I just connect fan through duct to top of tent and am fine, since LED's have to be backed off 2 feet due to intensity.

eyesdownchronic

Yes, if growing in a room tough to vent without putting holes in wall. I use 4 X 8 tent. When using HID I used cool tubes, so no heat issues in tent since all contained in airstream of fan and flexible conduit.

Now with LEDS I just connect fan through duct to top of tent and am fine, since LED's have to be backed off 2 feet due to intensity.
hmm... interesting. i might have to try venting out the top sometime. usually i just vent out the side. but if there is a constant stream of air up and out that could help....
:good:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

As good as these came out I'm super pumped for the fem version since I was able to reverse my original GB mom onto some ridiculously frosty bx6 moms directly.
More to come.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
To be fair the ril branch was shaded a good portion of the grow. I had to let the ril go into the other side of the tent, in the scrog, otherwise they would have tried to eat the light. The ril also had more colas to feed while the pupil had only about 5 and was let to grow more vertical and trained less in the scrog.

Killer plants, Tony. I got two females from four seeds popped and both are amazing. No problems, just some majorly awesome plants! Very vigorous and resilient. Absolutely beautiful in flower.

Thank you.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
[No message]

Attachments

• photo2026307.jpg
    photo2026307.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2026308.jpg
    photo2026308.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2026309.jpg
    photo2026309.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2026310.jpg
    photo2026310.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2026311.jpg
    photo2026311.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 39

CaptainDankness

i ain''t been on ig for a few months, but i'll be damned if mf'ers ain't acting like 6 fems for fucking two hundo is a damn deal too.
"shit's fire, bro"
gtfo

Damn $200?? You can get 5 S1 Gorilla Glue from Nirvana for 35 Euro which is probably $40 and I'm sure they have the real cut as it's everywhere. I don't even think I've seen anyone trying to get $200 for the damn cut. Lol, of course people will pay it and be completely oblivious to the fact Nirvana has the same exact seeds for a fraction of the price.

CaptainDankness

This is a joke, right? S1's are nothing like proper selection and back crossing several generations. Your comment is the dumb highlight of my morning.

Keep up the good work, Tony.

I didn't say it was good breeding, just Nirvana has the same damn seeds for a fraction of the price of CSI's S1 Gorilla Glue.

I truly believe in breeding things forward, the GG#4 cut is great, but as we've seen with breeding over the years, it just keeps getting better. At one point Skunk #1 was winning all the cups, but times change. Highly doubtful you will find a better plant in S1, but the Original came from a hermie so what do I know? :tiphat:

I also prefer the smoke from this All Gas OG cut I have, to the GG#4 cut. The GMO cookies cut I have is a lot like GG#4 too, just longer flowering time so not going to keep it. Better is definitely possible and I would never buy S1 seeds when people are breeding forward.

​​​​​

CaptainDankness

Nirvana gg4 is gg4s1? they have gg4 regular too.

They call it Original Glue, no mention of a cross and the cutting is literally everywhere, so I don't doubt Nirvana got their hands on the legit cut. But you'd have to email the company for details, just sounds like an S1 to me. Didn't see they had a regular version, that would definitely be crossed with something else.

unnamedmike

They call it Original Glue, no mention of a cross and the cutting is literally everywhere, so I don't doubt Nirvana got their hands on the legit cut. But you'd have to email the company for details, just sounds like an S1 to me. Didn't see they had a regular version, that would definitely be crossed with something else.

https://www.seedsman.com/en/original...gular-seeds-10

I have no doubt that they have the original gg4 cutting. Years ago a friend made gg4 s1 and had some hermi plants in the offspring, I do not know if it is the norm, and I do not know if it is 100% true. But I don't see nirvana selling a plant that can display male traits. Its just my assumptions, I have no proof.

Akss

Havent been taking the best care of these but only started 6 beans got 2 confirmed females one freak and one not sure. Im liking this one gonna get her Cloned up and see what shes got...
IMG_20210320_125755510.jpg
IMG_20210320_125925856.jpg

browntrout

Veteran
Has anyone seen any terpinolene dominant progeny from GG4? I’m growing a couple S1’s, I have a More earthy kush like smelling plant and a plant that smells like ace Panama or DP durban poison, that I presume is terpinolene dominant, or the terpenes associated with this smell.

A friend grew 20 or so of the seeds and never reported anything of the like.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deffo man, once the gg4 terps start segregating there is a wide range of terps in there.
In gorilla bubble in my mind there are two families of terps you can find made out of bright terps and an earthier raunchy dark side.
One of the reasons people love her is the reliability of finding high quality plants easily that generally grow the same and then you get the complex nose that can be had.
Tom had a really good description somewhere in the GB thread.

In the RIL Ive found a complex spread too. Several pure glue terps one that is very nasty and even louder I think that the glue., I exclaimed omg when I started cutting it haha.
Ive seen a small set of burnt tire phenos, these can be found in GB too, usually they have smaller flowers or softer more sativa type flower set than the thick dense heavy typical GG4/GB buds.
There is a set of cleaner than gg4 smelling types that are less offensive and more bright and sharper than the glue, here citrusy fruity kushy hashy types can be had. Some bright sharp effervescent oily Piney skunky phenos in this group to I think and this chemotype will also be the one to have the more of the more rare dometop or rounded flower phenos.. As opposed to a dark animal skunky raunchy pine that can also be had in the opposite spectrum.
Light and dark side terp families ha.

Flowers and structure have been fairly uniform with pretty much two flower families, alot of the big thick bud nice cola glue type plants but there is a double recessive from the combining and there is also a softer more sativa flower type that is a throwback to the weird burnt rubber burnt chocolate 13 week sativa pheno JW and I both found in the s1. Dankcat also found one of these in the RIL so far.

A good example of an outcross that produces a high % of terpinolene dominant plants would be the Pine Tar Gush, PTK x Gorilla Bubble.

Sorry for the stream of conscious format ha! Long story short GG4 has a lot of interesting alleles when it comes to terp production.

DireTaco

Popped 3 RIL beans and got 3 ladies. Two of them are looking very typical of the plants I'm seeing in here. One is a weird runt pheno with thinner smaller leaves. I was going to grow it out just to see what happens. Two weeks into flower and super excited to see where this goes

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell yeah! Im so pumped about that, deepest inbred line ive crossed the GB to!

The headbanger x gb are also showing ridiculous vigor and surprising uniformity.
Wait till you see these suckers!

Latest posts

Latest posts