What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

Desert Dan

Veteran
Just got to sample my first run with the glue and wow! Every sample I’ve tried before made me believe it was hype, but I was wrong! Beautiful thick smoke with that cigar like quality I haven’t had since the SoCal Master Kush...

I’m late to the game, but better late than never.

-DD :joint:

Tynehead Tom

Just got to sample my first run with the glue and wow! Every sample I’ve tried before made me believe it was hype, but I was wrong! Beautiful thick smoke with that cigar like quality I haven’t had since the SoCal Master Kush...

I’m late to the game, but better late than never.

-DD :joint:

I'm right with you there and I totally agree with the comparison to a cigar or a fine bowl of aromatic tobacco. I barely even trimmed mine when I harvested my greenhouse, leaving the sugar leaves as I just had too much weed for one guy to process in the time needed for it to be cured just right. I don't even bother trimming it when i roll a joint now, it tastes great, no bite and every bud sticks to the fingers. Can't roll it with a weed grinder it just bungs it right up which i warned my brother about and he spent a half hour picking it out of his grinder LOL

Gonna run 4 bushes in the greenhouse this summer and have the candidates already vegging in 1 gallons so should be nice and fat before i put them outside in June :D

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Here is first grow in a long time, at 4 weeks. Screwed up from too much light and/or cold temps. Any suggestions on how to improve before harvest. Is it too late to throw some extra nitrogen to green up leaves.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I wouldn't add a bunch more nitrogen at this point...stay the course with a balanced feed...trim out the lowers to focus energy....keep the light pulled back....ride it out.

Dube

Do you know lumens or PAR at bud level during grow?? I am doing first run in years, and think they are getting screwed from too much light.

Is GG4 considered sensitive to too much light, compared with other strains?

I use medium/low wattage. About 450 watts of good quality leds in my 4x4. If you are running leds it's probably the cold temps that are screwing things up, especially if you have high wattage. 82-85 lights on is where I like my temps at.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm running anywhere from 1.2 - 1.5 ec. pH is from 5.8 - 6.3 depending on stage of growth.
Having no light issues. I use 1000w de CMH, but they're about 3ft away from canopy. Temps when lights are on hover in the low 80's.

bs0

I have a few phenos of GG4 S1 to test out soon, what's a good stretch projection? Minor? Major?

bs0

Here is first grow in a long time, at 4 weeks. Screwed up from too much light and/or cold temps. Any suggestions on how to improve before harvest. Is it too late to throw some extra nitrogen to green up leaves.

Hit em w/ a low dose (2-4ml/gal) of CalMag or equivalent. Don't want much in there since it's flowering but that will give a tiny dash of N w/ plenty of micronutes that tap water may or may not have.

Dube

Anyone grow the glue full term outdoors? When did it finish? I'm in mass and considering putting out a massive mother plant in early June. I'm worried it won't finish in time though.

CaptainDankness

Anyone grow the glue full term outdoors? When did it finish? I'm in mass and considering putting out a massive mother plant in early June. I'm worried it won't finish in time though.

I'm a little north of you, mine definitely could have used another week, but it was close enough. Being in MA you probably have an extra 2 weeks to grow, so you shouldn't have a problem.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
50 day glue shot. First run of her with athena nutes.

Attachments

• photo2043829.jpg
    photo2043829.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 113
  • photo2043830.jpg
    photo2043830.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 118

Loc Dog

Veteran
When do you stop weaving tops into scrog?? Have only done 1 run in last 4 years, and not sure how I used to do it. I weaved in at flip, and 1 week later tops are 6 to 12 inches, and think they may need another weave or grow to tall.

Attachments

• photo2050149.jpg
    photo2050149.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 89
  • photo2050150.jpg
    photo2050150.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 92

Tynehead Tom

Shes really sh owing some great colors on the flush.

ya that's looking awesome !
Just put a nice bush in the greenhouse into light dep 10 days ago in a 7gallon , and I have another in an 18 gallon I'll flip on 4rth of July so she should be a 1/2 pound bush or more by the time sept rolls around.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Anyone use a par meter to tune lights?? Wondering what max should be, since 750 is giving me foxtailing. Thought 1000 was supposed to be safe.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I try to stay about 8 900 on my tops under led. Usually my nutrients or heat give me foxtailing...

I had always heard not to go over 650 PPM when growing GG4. DO you know what happens??? Is it just foxtailing or is it also shitty grams per watt.