What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Bubble

the gnome

Veteran
Is phyotophthora the same thing that causes root/stem root/dampening off? I've been having SERIOUS issues with dampening off this year. I've been getting like 50-70% success rate(closer to the lower end). It's illing me because I'm in pheno hunt mode searching for the one or actually3-4 to run monocropped for production so out hurts to lose half off the seedlings to dampening never knowing what could have been....esp with the price of some of these seed pack. I've been having90-100% pop, then days later they start flopping. So far my recent batch are all looking good since moving seed and cloning operation to my house.

hey otis...
damping off is very easy to control.
moist stagnant air is prime for it to bloom, a small fan to keep air moving around constantly is the key.
stops it DOA.
if you do get it pick up some captan from the nursery
very cheap and very mild compared to the heavy guns like actinovate and other fungicides.
if you do get it don't reuse the soil,
it's saturated with nasties,
and of course clean w/soapy bleachy hot water any tools or trays used with your seedlings

Trich_Tyson

Hey look.. two super helpful growers.. workin with SB.. sheeeiit. I'm watching..

Jesus christ, hell of a cross there boys flowers look fantastic

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
Tyson :tiphat: it's GB round here.... ;)

the Biowar root pack has the Streptomyces in the Actino + trillion other spores/gram...just cant get over this pic:

P1017098.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy Shit WB !!!!! now thats a fuckin rootball !!!

Biowar root pack huh ? made by who ????

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
Capulator/formerly known as Cap's Bennies. (Gotta love it's made by a Po Thead, greek pronunciation) That's a pic off his site ogbiowar.com - and I dunno if it's got the specific strain of streptomyces that Actinovate has, Actino has a patented Streptomyces WYEC108 strain in it.

They call it a 'proprietary blend' of bacteria now on the website but EclipseFour20 posted the list in the broad mites thread couple years back

EclipseFour20
The Root Pack:
The root pack is a proprietary blend of highly concentrated beneficial fungi and bacteria. The root pack is designed to promote plant health by boosting the immune system, increasing shoot and root growth, multiplying flower production, and contributing to the overall well being of your plants! The root pack has over 20 species including (but certainly not limited to) the following:

-Pseudomonas flourescens: This is a saprophyte that creates colonies in water, soil, and on plant tissue. It is known to suppress plant diseases by acting as a systemic (a unique ability). Once it enters the vascular system of the plant, it can produce antibiotics which may prevent fungal and bacterial diseases from taking hold.

-Bacillus: Bacillus is best applied to young plants and seedlings, so that it can take hold and colonize on the developing root system. Here, it will offer protection by limiting the growth of fungal organisms like fusarium. This bacteria is known to supress other fungi and bacteria that cause scab, powdery mildew, sour rot, downy mildew, and early leaf spot, early blight, late blight, bacterial spot, and walnut blight diseases.

-Trichoderma: Trichoderma is a beneficial fungus, that is known to seek and destroy other harmful fungi in the soil/media. The presence of trichoderma can cause the plant to activate its own SAR (stimulated auto response), which serves to boost its own immune system.

-Streptomyces: Streptomyces is a beneficial bacteria that i sknown to produce antibiotics as well as enzymes, and deter harmful fungi.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Capulator/formerly known as Cap's Bennies. (Gotta love it's made by a Po Thead, greek pronunciation) That's a pic off his site ogbiowar.com - and I dunno if it's got the specific strain of streptomyces that Actinovate has, Actino has a patented Streptomyces WYEC108 strain in it.

They call it a 'proprietary blend' of bacteria now on the website but EclipseFour20 posted the list in the broad mites thread couple years back

thank you :tiphat: gonna look into this stuff !

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
if you mix Biowar root&foliar and use both as a foliar and drench it's just about the most concentrated probiotic you can get.

oti$

Thanks for the Advice gnome. I recently moved the seedlings and congress from a stagnant basement stairwell to my house with a ceiling fan constantly running. I've not lost any since. I think I'll get a clip fan blowing over the top of the tray. Out looks like I'll have about 14or 15 GB &bx2 to look through for a nice mother or two...I'll also be saving some males to play with once I get the area I'll be making seed in sorted.
og biowar teas with sea green once a week always gave me great results. I haven't used any since starting back up but now that I have a little $ for the extras I'll be making an order.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beaver munch, I scraped most of the rot off over a few days, this one might make it bx1 female... hangin on by a nub, growth stopped then she just perked up and threw a leaf set the last few days...

Whats left of my chosen boy, about a week since the snip now...

Got his shit all broke to the right lololo

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hes actin glue like when cloning too, you can see hes all primed up for sexy time, just need a root to pop heh.
Gettin some yellow at the leaf edges hopin hes eatin himself to throw a root soon.
Usin the sponge so i dont accidently dry the fuckers out, lil cal mag water to help em along...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin like a glue cut in questionable shape tho almost eh? Whaddya think dan?

Closest I found out of a shitload! I seen alot of sour b traits sorta separated from the usual SB type and spread out, like gg stretch on sb leaves etc etc with random sb traits,
This one rates closest to the glue through all testin... gimme a damn root lolo

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
they grown a good bit the last week or so since i cut em even with no roots so im hopin they throw down quick.

see how he stretches from his shoots and bends and grows all branchy like, stems even goin purple on the cuts like my gg4 lol
they usually perk up when i see em yellowin and spray em with cal mag and throw roots so m hopin he follows suit, cuts all 7-12 days atm
you can see how he sticks out from the sb leaners,,, ;)