What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ScoutBreath, SquareBreath and OGKB 99 - the OGKB 2.0 IBL adventure.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
This thread will document the progress of creating an inbred seed line from my 2015 ICmag Cup Champion OGKB 2.0

I started this project in 2014 and you may have seen some of this info posted elsewhere in the Cookies threads or in my 2.0 thread.

I'm trying to put it all the info together now that the seeds are coming out through Great Lakes and create a thread where others can post their results from this seed line.

I wanted to go through the basic "cubing" process that was described in the creation of the Cindy 99 strain and what pops out and how close it compares to the clone.

I started by crossing OGKB 2.0 to her bagseed brother CookieBoi.

The offspring from this first backcross are called ScoutBreath (OGKB 2.0 x CookieBoi)

Let's start be looking at the mom and dad...

not only does OGKB 2.0 have outstanding effects, aroma, and flavor it also yields way better than the Forum cut.
picture.php

tight internodes that need steady defoliation in flower and very little stretch.
picture.php

OGKB 2.0 has a very high terpene level and is high in CBG also. it's tested over 25% by two IC members.
picture.php

picture.php

CookieBoi is a nice bushy fellow low medium stretch and he shoots huge spunk filled colas that start dropping pollen in mid August outdoors.
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
ScoutBreath popping.
picture.php

many mutations in these OGKB incest genetics.
picture.php

one of the males did this.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
some finished ScoutBreath.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this one finished long and got some Botrytis in the top.
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
The ScoutBreath males were all used to pollinate an OGKB 2.0 for the next stage of the backcross SquareBreath.
picture.php

after 3 weeks of flower they started dropping loads onto the OGKB 2.0
picture.php

picture.php

fast forward to the present and the SquareBreath are growing out.
picture.php

rykus

Looks killer bud! I think you won the genetic lottery with that male! I expect to see nothing but the best out of these lines, congratulations and thanks for putting in the effort to get them out there.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Looks killer bud! I think you won the genetic lottery with that male! I expect to see nothing but the best out of these lines, congratulations and thanks for putting in the effort to get them out there.

thanks, I think you are right.:tiphat:

the great thing is that you will hit the genetic lottery yourself when you pop a pack of regular seeds made with CookieBoi or his sons.

the males from these lines will spawn some gold in the future.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
10 packs just dropped and 5 are gone, don't snooze…. visit my IG in signature below for a link to GLG.

picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Check GLG and see what's up. I don't know if anything is left but the link in Chunky's SIG is to his IG and that should have info for you on what's avail and drops. All of the strains rock.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Any packs left?

no pack left but I have 3 OGKB 2.0's pollenated that will come down in a month or so.
lots of SquareBreath and everything else for Christmas!

I'm trying to round up some stuff to drop in the meantime.
I'll be making noise when it happens.

OGKB 2.0 @36 days fully hit by CookieBoi.
picture.php

the 3rd bx didn't get made as I had too few plants to choose from in the SquareBreath testers that are finishing now.

I've got another round of seedlings working now.

these are a few of the Square Breath shots so far.
there's a nice one about ready to harvest sorry for the lack of updates.

SquareBreath #5 was OGKB Dominate and the 2nd last (slowest) to go into flower.
She's on the left with Stink Panties (OGKB bagseed) on right.
picture.php

SquareBreath #2 went into flower with PM but powered through to the end and really resembles mom well.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

so glad I lucked into that relist of scoutbreath and locomotive breath.
I think all that's listed right now is gorilla twin bx2 and sluggo
4 more weeks and my scoutbreath beans go for a grow ;)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Steady pruning. I like that.

Excellent work, it's been great watching this develop over time. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out and I don't even buy seed often. Ever. Almost once.

Hair.