Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grape Licorice Cookies (Special Bagseed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new favorite thread to come drool over. I'm going to have to drink grape koolaid, chew a black jellybean, and eat a scoop of chocolate mint ice cream, and swish it all around in my mouth - just so I can get an idea of what this lady might taste like!!!

She really is a beauty. Can't stop looking!! I'm starting to feel a bit like a pervert starting at a long legged blonde in a short skirt!

It's interesting the sister plant is still spitting white hairs...and that the lowers on the GLC are significantly frostier than the tops. I do see the very slightest bit of tip burn on the leaves indicating a high feeding / and slight over feeding at one point in the grow cycle. Not a criticism by any means, but it could mean the plant still tossing new white pistils is more sensitive to nitrogen or is going to be overly mature in general. Might be one you have to look at trich color to determine when she is done vs waiting for the pistils to indicate such by browning off. I'd be keeping a close eye on that to make sure that one doesn't start tossing out any nanners in those spots.

I know a buddy has a Durban that ran 18wks and STILL hadn't finished flowering fully...was still tossing white pistils. So you could be seeing such things surface in these seeds as well, even though, it's obviously not a pure Durban or super long flowering sativa, with these likely being S1 (assuming) there is a lot of free flowing genetic information that has been recombined and it's certainly possible to see such traits surface in unusual ways that aren't thought of as typical.

Forum cut in general, would tend to produce better flowers with the lights slightly further away from her than would be considered the norm for other plants. I don't know if this is due to lighting intensity or the marginal decrease in surface temperatures...either way, it holds true. You might find the same to be true with the GLC. In future runs it might be something worth trying.

I'm over here like a cheerleader hoping she will reveg for you!!! Good luck!!! May the canna gods be ever in your favor!!

dank.Frank
    Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
    as counter
    culture cannabis enthusiasts with
    their thinly veiled
    self-justifications
    catering to the morally
    ambiguous
    for the sake of the
    ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Thanks again dank frank. I'm really proud of her. Its getting hard to resist not cutting it down and starting the drying process but I know its needs more time.

Yeah, the burnt tips is totally my wrong doing. I fed them three times in a row and that last time burnt them a little... It wasn't too bad though. The sister actually didn't burn as much as the GLC. That was awhile ago though. They are on a diet of plain ole water right now until the end.

The sister is definitely doing some weird shit. She's all over the place and I don't really understand her. She's still kicking out tons of flowers and fox tailing like crazy, yet some of the branches looks done, while some bud sites look like GSC structure and others don't.. Whatever, shes coming down when the other one does. I'm not gonna dick around with her even if shes kicking out flowers. I think you're right that she just reacted to the feeding. Probably the last feeding i did at like day 55-56. I cant remember now.

She will reveg!! I use the tried and true technique! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26290
      IG: @sportfarmer

Comment

I see some forum cut GSC similarities. Dark leaves, frost on the fan leaves. Nice job with the bag seed, I see no nanners on any of your pics. I've been running the GSC forum cut for years now and I'm pretty familiar with/like the cut. The thing I first thought was that the lowers on my GSC often like to sneak nanners into hard to see spots and sometimes I get a random bud full of seeds as you describe. Maybe someone didn't purposeful pollinate said nug and forgot, maybe it's simply some hermie seeds... Idk?

I agree with dank frank, try backing the lights off of this one just to see what happens. The forum cut is unique in that she produces a little bit better with the lights a little farther back.

Nice work with the bagseed looking forward to watching it finish.

I'm COorganics on other forums if you are curious.

Subbed up

Comment

Hey thanks for chiming in Skyhigh. Appreciate it. Yeah, its probably more likely to have been pollinated by itself. Who knows...

Yeah, you can definitely see the similarities but also the uniqueness at the same time. The pictures dont really do it justice, this is one you need to see with your own two eyes.

In the last couple days its really started turning a dark purple all over the place like the forum. Mostly around the bud sites and some of the larger fan leaves. It looks like someone spray painted them. Its really trippy looking. Some spots are really rich purple looking. I;ll try and get some good shots showing the purpling... But as i was saying to dank frank, shes super multicolored and the crystal is super white giving her a caked look. Its super mouth watering. It actually looks like some kind of cookie or "treat" ... Yeah i think the lighting is key with this girl too, so it will just take some time to learn her traits, but over all.. a super easy girl to grow. She did most of the work!

How long do you let your forum cut go for? Im thinking I got another 5 days on it.. but it could be a little longer. I'm at 64 tomorrow.

Here's a cool shot of her at day 62

Comment

I could pull Forum between 8-9wks...BUT usually let her run 9. Some people like her longer, but it could be slight environmental differences.

Keeping in mind, if a shop had "GSC" that came from the CookieFam - it would have been seeds from Thin Mint pheno. Which means, it wouldn't look like a standard S1 coming off the Forum which we see a lot more of.

Personally, I see bits of both the Forum and the OGKB cut when I look at the GLC - I think it lends credence to the possibility the seeds are S1's of the Thin Mint cut. We've seen a LOT of examples of "cookie"-esque plants and to me this lady certainly looks the part.

dank.Frank
            as counter
            their thinly veiled
            self-justifications
            catering to the morally
            ambiguous
            for the sake of the
            ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Until recently I've always chopped the forum cut at 9 weeks. Now I'm running her 10 and liking the results. A slightly heavier buzz. Your last pic looks great btw

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?a...tureid=1564934
              Last edited by SkyHighWormGuy; 04-01-2016, 05:45. Reason: Linked album

Comment

I think thats exactly what it is, dank frank... a rare score from a thin mint cut. I think this might actually be better then their cut in terms of weight and resin production. But lets see how she smokes first..

Lookin good skyhigh! The leaves and the crusty edges are very similar. Well done!!

A little update...

As if things couldn't get better.... Today while rubbing a frosty lower leaf, I picked up a new scent that is very chocolatey... its hiding under the strong grapey/og/licorice smell but after a few minutes of rubbing your fingers together and the strong smells fades away you're left with what smells like you had a candy bar on your fingers. She's really puttin on the ritz now... Everything is swelling to the max and I see a few new flowers popping up on each bud site, but the good majority of them have died off. She's damn close. I'm pretty much gunning for tuesday.

Man, I cant wait to smoke this shit... It looks like frosting coated rainbow lollipops on a stick... Fuck me...

I'll get some pictures crackin and post them up in a little while.
                Last edited by Sport Farmer; 04-01-2016, 23:13.

Comment

Here's a couple from today @64 showing the fans purpling up and some buds getting real close.

Comment

Told you I'd need to mix in some chocolate mint ice cream to get the full flavor...hahaha. Figured that come out on the back end as she ripened up!!!

dank.Frank
                    as counter
                    their thinly veiled
                    self-justifications
                    catering to the morally
                    ambiguous
                    for the sake of the
                    ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Comment

Originally posted by dank.frank View Post
                      Told you I'd need to mix in some chocolate mint ice cream to get the full flavor...hahaha. Figured that come out on the back end as she ripened up!!!

dank.Frank

Haha!! Dude, its TOTALLY that smell... It's actually got a really complex set of smells mixed together when you really break it down. I was smelling something else in there today too that was very familiar but I couldn't make the connection of what it was. Something candy'ish...

Anyway, its really surprising what just a few days can do at this stage in terms of coloring and smells and just growth in general. Its really noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sport Farmer View Post
                        I think thats exactly what it is, dank frank... a rare score from a thin mint cut. I think this might actually be better then their cut in terms of weight and resin production. But lets see how she smokes first..

Lookin good skyhigh! The leaves and the crusty edges are very similar. Well done!!

A little update...

As if things couldn't get better.... Today while rubbing a frosty lower leaf, I picked up a new scent that is very chocolatey... its hiding under the strong grapey/og/licorice smell but after a few minutes of rubbing your fingers together and the strong smells fades away you're left with what smells like you had a candy bar on your fingers. She's really puttin on the ritz now... Everything is swelling to the max and I see a few new flowers popping up on each bud site, but the good majority of them have died off. She's damn close. I'm pretty much gunning for tuesday.

Man, I cant wait to smoke this shit... It looks like frosting coated rainbow lollipops on a stick... Fuck me...

I'll get some pictures crackin and post them up in a little while.
                        Nice clear photos, nice descriptions and reporting. This thread delivers

Excited to see this finish up for you

Comment

Hey thanks Jason! Appreciate you returning to the thread and responding.. Glad you're enjoying the thread and thanks for rooting me on. Hopefully real soon everyone can start enjoying her if things go as planned.

Here's a shot without lights cuz I know you've all been waiting for that. Just took this as the lights went out. The coloring is a little off cuz my phone camera sucks, but you get the point. The two leaves in the front are actually black!

Anyway.. enjoy!

Comment

Wicked wonderland around these parts ..

Looking on point, long petioles and all.

Big up

Comment

Hey thanks for stopping by Ollie! Appreciate it!

Yeah, shes really beautiful. Really turning hardcore purple now and swelling crazy hard. Even more then yesterday. I'm pretty confident that she will be ready in 3 days. The buds already look like dried nugs on the plant!!!! Its crazy.

Heres a cool little before and after I put together just for fun. Enjoy guys and thanks so much for all your comments and input. It certainly makes this more exciting for me to have others admiring her as well.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Hell of a find brother ,hope the reveg goes nice and quick ,I'll be checking in for the smoke report

Comment

Working...
                                X