What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali connection girl scout cookies "thin mint"

Bombasquatch

Hello,
I've bought a pack of feminized girl scout cookies. Has anybody got these and popped them? Im very curious what the results were, as most reviews ( if you can call them reviews) consist of mostly bashing cc for their bad practices in the game. But besides bashing swerve does anybody have any real info on these? I might post my results just to give people an idea of what to expect as i have not found anyone else posting theirs.

A

acridlab

Hi, I've been running them for a few months now. Bought two packs, popped 8, and caught 3 phenos. One was really short, came out with a nasty black licorice flavor.. but the other phenos are really nice actually. Smells like sweet varnish/ menthol. Tastes similar. The best part is the aroma in the air.. really reminds me of alien but dif/ better.. can't compare to "real" cookies as I'm from Michigan, and everybody says everybody's is fake around here, lol. I can say that these are better than the dispensaries in detroit."that I've tried".. no hurries in my room either,, I feed super light when running seed, I truly think that where most people's hermies come from..

Last edited:
A

acridlab

cali connection gsc

cali connection gsc

A few photos that I have

Attachments

• IMG_20131107_005232_0.jpg
    IMG_20131107_005232_0.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20130625_233142_0-1.jpg
    IMG_20130625_233142_0-1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20130625_233203_0-1.jpg
    IMG_20130625_233203_0-1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 2013 01 01 11.52.59
    2013 01 01 11.52.59
    67.3 KB · Views: 187

50State

I've read the same thing on many sites about the hermie problems in the Cali Connection seeds, but also in the BCBD seeds. But then I read and see the pics of successful grows with individuals like acridlab that have not one hermie in the pack they got. Don't believe someone could be that lucky. So I've got to say it's got to be the growers doing something wrong more so the seeds being junk. And those are some fine looking plants BTW. I've never had the GSC so One question I have to ask is WTF is up with these cookies why are they so magical, Why do people seem to lose their minds over it ?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I've read the same thing on many sites about the hermie problems in the Cali Connection seeds, but also in the BCBD seeds. But then I read and see the pics of successful grows with individuals like acridlab that have not one hermie in the pack they got. Don't believe someone could be that lucky. So I've got to say it's got to be the growers doing something wrong more so the seeds being junk. And those are some fine looking plants BTW. I've never had the GSC so One question I have to ask is WTF is up with these cookies why are they so magical, Why do people seem to lose their minds over it ?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=251746 ....enjoy:tiphat:

A

acridlab

Lol, don't know if they are magical,, I've tried about 5 different samples now, and it is unique, I can give it that.. is it the best? Eh.. to me it's like a good og/bubba/alien all in one. If that makes any sense..and when it comes to the hermies, I'm a firm believer that alot of new hybrids cannot handle all the nutes people r throwing at them, especially from seed. I usually only feed 400/500 ppm max on seed grows, then when I run the clones from those seeds, I will bump upto 800/1000 no problem.. don't know the science behind it but it seems to work for me..

50State

Thanks for the link Igrowmyown. I've seen that thread. I see great things like 24 % THC and 3.5 % CBD amazing number to throw around, close to 60 grams from a 3 gallon pot, turns purple, cookies smell and taste, and if you grow them that well and take photos BCBD will steal your pictures and use them to sell their Animal Cookies seeds ( I Bought some after seeing the picture lol hope they turn out ok). So I guess that's all well and good but you can't get that plant in a seed, only from the forum cut. So I'll never get to try these cookies in the real raw dog form and neither will many other people. So they hunt for seeds, seeds that never seem to have GSC in the mix just someones take on the GSC and squawk about which is closer to the GSC forum cut and it's crazy. I wonder why no one has made a real S1 of the forum cut. I'd love to have those seeds in my collection and in some pots :)

A

acridlab

Here's another pheno, almost 5weeks in.. this one has more promising characteristics . Really long petioles, crazy looking leaves,, already emits a really nice spicy aroma...excuse the nasty photos, I have a shitty phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20140116_220657.jpg
    IMG_20140116_220657.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20140116_220647.jpg
    IMG_20140116_220647.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20140115_005542.jpg
    IMG_20140115_005542.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 127

50State

Thanks for all the info and photos Acridlab was going to give you some props or respect but it seems I can't or don't know how lol How many weeks are those CC GCS pictures that you first posted ? They look great BTW. The Second photo almost looks like this '91 Chemdawg I was looking at on another thread. Great pictures. What kind of pots are those? They look as big as that milk create.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I have the CC GSC going right now. Popped all six seeds and made mothers out of all of them. I as well got three distinct pheno's. The first pheno makes smaller sized nugs that are rock hard and has a pinkish hue to the nugs. The #2 pheno makes regular to large sized nugs and turns purple reguardless of the temps. The third and best pheno, makes medium to large sized nugs and smells doughy and kinda sour. The crstal coverage on all three pheno's is awesome. But on the #3 pheno the crystal coverage cannot be beat!!! I'm talking serious trich's!!! All the way down the fan leaves and everything. Right now I have some that have the white crust on the outer edges of the leaves right out to the tip of them. I put some pics up in the cookie thread that are in the link above. The batch those pics came from wasn't even nearly as good as the one I have going right now. I will definitely take some pics tonight so you can see. I don't care if they are fake or not. I'm, still gonna grow the shit out of them. Almost forgot too......not a single hermie in the whole pack, and as far as that goes, this isn't the first gear I've ran from CC and I never once have had a hermie from his work. Not riding dick-just stating facts.

A

acridlab

Thanks for all the info and photos Acridlab was going to give you some props or respect but it seems I can't or don't know how lol How many weeks are those CC GCS pictures that you first posted ? They look great BTW. The Second photo almost looks like this '91 Chemdawg I was looking at on another thread. Great pictures. What kind of pots are those? They look as big as that milk create.

whats up 50state? appreciate the kind words,, n i think were both newbie status and thats why we can't do certain things yet on the site.. on those cookies,, very first photo was like week 5-6,,, second and third photos were week 8 i think..she finished in 10 weeks for me,, never took final photos,, had to move, it was hectic at the time.. its funny u said that about it looking like 91 chemdawg, cuz i have og18 and it looks eerily similar to those gsc in early bloom,, and lots of people speculate that resevas go and 18 are really just chemdawg.. good eye.. i wish i knew what the hell is in these cookies, either way, i really like the smoke,, tastes a lot like the cookies in the clubs around here,, some say better..just doest look spot on,, but like I've said before in icmag,, none of the cuts i see look dead nuts to sfluxcapacitors.. and i refuse to argue with people about authenticity, because i don't believe a lick of anything people say about the true lineage on cuts these days.. I've seen some crazy shit when it comes to people renaming cuts and selling them. nowadays the gene pool is just a hot mess,, a beautiful hot mess i might add, tho:) anyhow,, those pots are just 5 gal. fabric smart pots,, i love them with soilless, if i rock regular soil i jump up to 7 or 10 gal,, anyhow, bro.. keep on keeping on,, peace out

A

acridlab

hey frankenstein2,, i wanted to pm u bout ur cookies,, i guess I'm still a newbie.. anyhow, its cool u caught a purple pheno,, none of mine purpled.... well, that last one i have in flower looks like it could.. well see.. the one i like the most has the doughy smells, but its weird, remind me of a sweet, baking cookie/varnish or lacquer.. its one of the nicest aromas I've ever smoked.. everybody comments on how good my house smells after i smoke it, lol.. very unique,, similar to alien but with a twist I've never encountered with mj.. lets see them pictures! peace

@50State, the reason why none of the seeds are showing true GSC features is because The Forum cut was from a seed found in a bag of legit GSC, not that I have ever had any, but that what I see, I've also seen that, Burner, Jigga, Sfluxcapacitor are working with DNA Genetics on getting they're strains and crosses released, it seems that they are close to eachother so a lot should come up in 2014

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Hi, I've been running them for a few months now. Bought two packs, popped 8, and caught 3 phenos. One was really short, came out with a nasty black licorice flavor.. but the other phenos are really nice actually. Smells like sweet varnish/ menthol. Tastes similar. The best part is the aroma in the air.. really reminds me of alien but dif/ better.. can't compare to "real" cookies as I'm from Michigan, and everybody says everybody's is fake around here, lol. I can say that these are better than the dispensaries in detroit."that I've tried".. no hurries in my room either,, I feed super light when running seed, I truly think that where most people's hermits come from..

The part about the black liquorice got me. I have a Jedi kush flowering right now that is dead on black liquorice smell, I mean exactly like it. So maybe he reversed a Jedi to make his cookies?

Latest posts

Latest posts