What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does pollen smell?

Treevly

I find that it has no odour that I can detect when it is just fresh, but after a day or two if smells like the pollen I buy form my local bee-keeper to put on toast - which I suppose isn't too surprising.

troutman

Seed Whore
It may not be a good idea to intentionally smell any pollen. It could cause an allergic reaction to occur in some people. :tiphat:

I've seen pollen fly many times while making seeds and never noticed any aroma.

I usually pollinate with my fingers just by dabbing the pollen onto my finger right from the plant, and in my opinion it definitely has a smell, subtle but present.

Fitzera

It may not be a good idea to intentionally smell any pollen. It could cause an allergic reaction to occur in some people. :tiphat:

I've seen pollen fly many times while making seeds and never noticed any aroma.

I was going to say, pollen smells like allergies. I don't have allergies, but I did noticed it when I was collecting pollen in the past. I definitely don't want to develope them over time so I'll wear a mask.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had pollen w aroma before. From TheRev. From his 3rd generation of his Cindy. It was crazy. Initially assumed the aroma was coming off 2/5 males, but after cutting branches from both of them, letting pollen drop over the following days, then getting rid of branches and drying pollen, the aroma was still there.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts