What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant Sex Test

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I built my greenhouse with my 80 year old father in law. It came out pretty good. Adding light dep isn't such a big deal. A manual bender is only about 60 bucks. Ive got it fully automated too - roll up sides, ridge vent, 3 zone watering, fans. Glad to help with any of that if I can. My roll up motors and trollies came direct from china and I saved a bunch.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I started off with base posts driven deep and trimmed at two feet above the ground. Then the hoop tubes went inside those and were bolted. This gave extra headroom. The trick was to use good sized pots and aggressive topping early for more tops that wouldn't out grow the house.

LDS has the good light dep covering. I saw those pics. Trucks, fork loaders, everything, terrible.

For the light dep, the second covering will be on the gable ends. There will be a second set of rollers w/ motors that park at the top and roll down. For light dep you only need it dark from 8pm to 8am, so heat isn't a big issue. You can set it to open back up during the night hours if you want.

I used Delta Labs and could not be happier with their product and service. Quick turnaround. They also have specials making the service more than reasonable. Lifelong customer here lol

Update on Delta Labs. They suck. About 3 months ago they started having problems and stopped taking orders. After not accepting orders for weeks, they lost one of my samples. Sure shit happens, but when they fail to follow up and make things right you lose a customer. Also one of their test results indicated female and ended up being male. Maybe try Phylos?

grayeyes

Putting small ones in total darkness for 12 hours isn't expensive and by certainly 6 days you know what you have. But spend your money where you want.

kirkgrowing

hey, i know about these guys who are testing to detect male plants and doing several research to try identifying hermaphrodites. IDK how accurate these tests are, but worth the shot, you can find them as myflora DNA