What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Thank You Sam for passing on your vast knowledge, as an East Coaster that got into growing and loving Marijuana after smoking the NYC Hazes aka Pif, the best high I have experienced in life, their are tons of phenos in all of their glory (Terrible to incredible) and all of the different phenos and haze crosses, the Green Haze-the Big Bud Haze(orange haze)-Blueberry Haze-Sour Diesel Haze- Most of these are top notch. My simple ? which may be tough or stupid is if you have ever smoked any of the quality versions, Do you believe it is your Original Haze used as the backbone of these growing projects or maybe from one of the other more water down haze breeders? Great thread,Great Info Thanks

Last edited:

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
haze seems to have a lot and i mean a lot of phenos depending on who you get it from but i think that a good thing because it leaves a lot to be explored. Also with haze genetics very often the longest flowering individuals are very special so if you can i suggest that you try your best to keep that haze pheno that "just wont stop flowering" if you cant grow it by all means get a clone to someone who can.

Tropical

C21H30O2 said:
...that haze pheno that "just wont stop flowering" if you cant grow it by all means get a clone to someone who can.

Amen, brother! By the way, I can too. I'm frost free all year long here.

I would love a sativa that didn't even start to flower until September because that is the end of our rainy season and the heavy summer rains are rough on the big fat buds. Even if the flowers are mold resistant, the rain soaked buds get heavy and break off in the wind gusts.

In Calif I had O Haze lines that under natural photoperiod in a greenhouse did not "start flowering" until Dec. is that late enough for you?
-SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny Lingus

@ Bigherb: Them super silver hazes you get through Greenhouse isn't very guaranteed to do anything anywhere, imo. I was lucky on my 2 hawaiian snows thereof, but all the 8 great white sharks from them has been crappy and sickly looking so far...

A good gardener in a properly semi-controlled environment can finish most haze's anywhere that get around 12 or less hrs of bright strong daylight for 4months,and maybe a bit less if it is started/vegged under long days for some time first.

C21H30O2

Veteran
Tropical said:
Amen, brother! By the way, I can too. I'm frost free all year long here.

I would love a sativa that didn't even start to flower until September because that is the end of our rainy season and the heavy summer rains are rough on the big fat buds. Even if the flowers are mold resistant, the rain soaked buds get heavy and break off in the wind gusts.
long flowering sativas sound right up your alley.

C21H30O2

Veteran
Kenny Lingus said:
@ Bigherb: Them super silver hazes you get through Greenhouse isn't very guaranteed to do anything anywhere, imo. I was lucky on my 2 hawaiian snows thereof, but all the 8 great white sharks from them has been crappy and sickly looking so far...

A good gardener in a properly semi-controlled environment can finish most haze's anywhere that get around 12 or less hrs of bright strong daylight for 4months,and maybe a bit less if it is started/vegged under long days for some time first.
you can also start them indoors and put them out when they start to flower under the intense sun to finish.

E

ElectroSticky

Hi Sam thanks for u'r reply ,,,

maybe i did not phrased myself right ,, since there was a talk going with that Original Haze with Colombian bloodlines. ,,,so what i mean is for you to tell me about a hemp that comes from colombia and is purple ,, once i had a brickweed of it and i came across that plant :muahaha: it bloomed so early and got so fat ,, i just loved it ,, it finished fast and so nice !!!!!!! :nono:

now the :fsu: is that i did not keep a clone and now it's gone ... :bashhead: ,, and men looking back it was my keeper ,,i really mean she flowered so early men ,, and went the 8-9 weeks ,,early start nice finish,,, :headbange ,, now i'll just have to wait to see if it comes back :muahaha:

sorry if it is off thread but if you know about the plant i'm talking about ,, please share some info of it ,,, thanks you so much again :wave:

Peace :rasta:

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
UK Outdoor O Haze?

UK Outdoor O Haze?

Limeygreen said:
I got some freebies, so we will see what happens. I got a few tricks up my sleves as long as the thieves and vampires leave me alone, I will get good bud from them. I will give these girls no choice but to finish for me :D
Hi Limeygreen, A friend had a good crop of O Haze`last year in Cornwall area(I will find out more timing details from him when I can) but had to establish them indoors and start flowering them under lights for a month and put them out with enough weeks for them to finish. The best bet is a greenhouse or polystructure grow because u could shade them to whatever photoperiod they need when they need it + it means u can make sure the bulk of flowering is done when sun is bright enough which is only 2 1/2 to 3 months in the Englands Green and pleasant Land. I don't have much hope 4 u if u r geurilla planting as 'O Haze' just isn't the one for U in that instance! U would be hard-pressed to finish a OHx Sk#1 and would probably need a Half Indica Haze cross to get even a decent Yield of Primo Buddage with some kinda Haze flavaz.....But if U choose to Ignore all the advice against your plans I will still be behind U completely 100% in your foolishness and will cross my fingers immediately and include your Hazes in my makeshift Idol-less Heathen praying!
May the UK sun burn freakishly bright this year for the one and only Successfull Outdoor UK Haze grow ever and let 2008 be known as 'British year of the Haze'............I smoke too much! JBo :joint: :jump:

bythetracks

phillypride, the "haze" you can buy in nyc and now i guess other areas on east coast can be anything. some of it is probably haze hybrids that you can buy from dutch seed campanies, but it could be anything at all. any dealer can say they have "haze" or "piff" or what ever term is trendy at the moment. the stuff being sold as "haze" is clearly not one strain, AT BEST, the term is being used to mean "high grade." people say "i got the haze" or "i got that piff" like people would say "i got the chronic" or "i got that 'dro" 10 years ago. in the 80's, street dealers would say "i got sensi" when they were selling seeded import. it's the exact same thing with "haze" today.

generally this stuff is grown indoors in FL. clones are passed around on the basis criminal networks that grow and traffic this stuff. like some one will start growing because their boy put them onto it and gave them clones and told them how to do it. none of these people even know what original haze is and they don't hang out on icmag trying to find out the true history of haze.

that being said, commercial weed on the east coast has got a lot better in the last few years on average, much more very high potency stuff is around and more sativa influnced highs are a lot more prevelent than they were 5-10 years ago. the commercial growers are responding to the market's preferences for once.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Londinium,
I am a limey, but I am not in the UK. Either way thank you for your help, but like a mule I'm too stubborn to listen.

G

guest123

damn thats the prettiest plant ive seen for a long time ,, i could stare at it all day if it was here , heheheheh

C

Chamba

Tom Hill....I haven't smoked alot of purple plants, but I've never smoked a purple that tasted nice....how was that one? was it vastly different in taste to the green hazes you grew?

and that one looks like it was grown from seed and started late in the year.

Happy Hazing

E

ElectroSticky

TOM HILL ,, :wave:
:bow: :bow: :canabis:

what a color buddy !!!!
u"r strains rock !!!!!!

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Limeygreen said:
Londinium,
I am a limey, but I am not in the UK. Either way thank you for your help, but like a mule I'm too stubborn to listen.
Sorry,My mistake Limey! As I said I am behind U all the way and cant wait for a thread if u can pull it off? JBo :redface:

Latest posts

Latest posts