What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

G

Hola BH, have a Highland Oaxacan which is a nice fruity/citrus line, and it is probably the best yieldin sativa ive grown. nice large tight buds.

i dont pretend to be able to tell phenotypes within a haze population, have heard the columbian is responsible for the purple, although the oaxacan will have a bit of purple come in with the right conditions. id imagine the extreme foxtailin comes from the Thai, but have seen many different plants do it as well. id of thought the good yielders is were the mex comes in, along with the fruityness.

as you said, there are darker plants, which do favor givin off the earthen/musky/woody aromas, and the lighter greens, almost lookin like they need fed, toss the fruity/citrus/lime. from what ive grown, i prefer the lime/citrus plants, seem to have the nicer head.

havent quite figured out the Silver Blue plants ive heard of, maybe none in the Haze i grow. one id like to find though.

G

guest123

PazVerdeRadical said:
Greetings Sam,

The photoperiod in which the beans were grown was 12/12, they germed in april 06´, here we are at the n. hemisphere, so summer solstice is on june 22th if memory does not fail me and you get 12 hours and 40 mins. of light per day; while winter is december 22th + o - and you get around 11 hours and 55 minutes of light...
the plants were ready by mid august. the temperatures here are interesting though, during the day, after 11am up to 4pm, temperatures are hot, 25-30 degrees C. at night temps can go down as low as 10 degrees C or less, but usually stay between the 16-20 range the rest of the hours. not all were planted on the ground though, half and half, wanted to see how they were going to do in pots vs. ground. humidity varies a lot, can be completely saturated or be 40%, depends on the day...
a lot seeds behave this way here though, so I´ve come to learn it has to do with the photoperiod and specifics of the local climates etc...
and yes, you are right, more late maturing sativas do better here, like swazis, malawis, and the late more pure sativas I have found in colombian brick weed.
from what I read, haze would do well most likely too.

much peace,

best regards,

Pvr.
hay paz , ive grown skunks and early maturing varieties in similar conditions , u are right they will flower fast , but in perfect conditions u can get up to a pound on them though 2 - 6 ounces is more likely ,, if you cross them with the later maturing sativas u can get something that gets some nice size and still will mature early .. need some legs on those gals closer to the equator to yeild well ...
heres some oaxacan from this year , they were short and fast maturing ..

B

Bluebeard

Are you guys sure that you need a 10/14 light cycle to get some hazes o flip? That doesn't sound right to me. You have to go almost up to 35N, to get nights that long in the dead of winter. That doesn't fit to me. It certainly isn't a tropical trait and yhe haze bros grew that far north, but didn't breed it long enough to make it do that.

G

guest123

u guys just need strains that are a little more sativa than indica with the earlier ones ,, then u will do better in places that have shorter days ...
also the plants cannot afford any set backs , just one set back can cost u a few ounces at the harvest ....

G

Nice spear Matt!!

Wanna see that finish well now.......
Update soon,glad someones growing Ohaze as we speak!
Soon i bet ill do one or 2 outdoors BIG ofcorse...
Peace!!

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Tom's haze

Tom's haze

Got my seeds from CBF, dont have any new pics but this is the keeper plant.

Absolutely mindbending when grown perfectly, cant wait to see what pops from the OHazeXSt#3 cross I made...

A question for Sam on Original Haze:

I was wondering whether the real Purple Haze was a phenotype of Original Haze, a hybrid resulting from a cross with Original Haze, or neither? Also, if it were a cross, do you know what kind of purple strain it was bred with?

E

ElectroSticky

purple haze was O.haze with colombian bloodlines

U ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have always wondered why a purple brickweed ''almost seedles :muahaha: '' was the closest plant i have seen to the o.haze !!!!

man u make my day !!!!!!!!!!!

colombian purple was one of a kind ,, such an early bloow for me :jump: :jump: :jump:

:wave: my friends :friends:

what is the deal with that PURPLE COLOMBIAN ,, do u know about it sam,, :headbange please teach me some ,, ?!?!

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I hope this isn't off topic too much, but is there any chance that I could finish Original Thai Haze x Skunk at 42 degrees north? First frost approx. October 20th-Early November. I don't think I can, but thought I should ask.

Kenny Lingus

Haze Heaven!!!

Haze Heaven!!!

RED BLOOD SATIVA!!!

I had red blood from 2 female Hawaiian Snow of Greenhouse 2005 selection. (Still got 1girl in the room.)
-Also must say JLP's Phoenix Haze has been my first real relation with haze and it is very good... (Proven fine in crosses too and especially the full 17week large cola pheno girl with Mississippi Mud as daddy)

-I've just reduced my mother collection dramatically due to an accident during holiday, but the most precious ones are safe, and it only make room for new blood too. All in all I'm happy with it. So I will soon get things down to sprout more satties. Have still some Phoenix (got 15-16 from JLP), ACE OT haze f12 x m6, annaC Colombian f2, and awaiting ZAMAL from GN. Would be fun to get some regular tfd or Seddsman OH too... Need a new box for them anyways I guess.

E

ElectroSticky

any info on that Purple colombian would be much apreciatted

thanks Sam...

Limeygreen

Veteran
I got some freebies, so we will see what happens. I got a few tricks up my sleves as long as the thieves and vampires leave me alone, I will get good bud from them. I will give these girls no choice but to finish for me :D