What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

ngakpa

Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
Hi ngakpa no i wont tell you to sod off mate but think i will sod off instead i guess 30 years of grow experience don't seam to count for much in the canna community and spelling more so ether way you all take it easy i wont post in here any more and will think on if i will post at all in future at icmag or at any site in fact.

Don't think I'm over reacting here i tried i ever got a spell check to use to help those of you that seam to find it hard to understand me to understand me don't think the spelling the problem personally but as they say thats life no ill feeling to any of you guys take care.

ah come on don't do that man, just teasin' ya - icmag is a bit up and down these days, think some of us are taking life a bit too seriously these days, myself included... I for one value your posts a lot, and I wouldn't want you to vanish just cause I couldn't resist a terrible pun

G

A shame to see valued members of the forums forced away based on seemingly insignificant issues as spelling. I have been able to follow what dalai says with relative ease, however its only when others do not like what he has to say do they bring up the spelling issue.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
outlawed420 said:
A shame to see valued members of the forums forced away based on seemingly insignificant issues as spelling. I have been able to follow what dalai says with relative ease, however its only when others do not like what he has to say do they bring up the spelling issue.

I know I did bring up the issue, I did it because spellchecks are easy to find and use, and correct spelling eliminates a lot of confusion. I did not bring up the spelling issue because I did not like what he had to say, I was pretty clear about that.

-SamS

G

Let me point out this is far from the first time hempy has got upset, he'll get over it, I'm sure.

Sam was only trying to give some friendly advice, that much is obvious, I'm sure if he wanted to be offensive he would have been clear about it, as it is, he was clearly trying NOT to offend.

Silly bloody thing to get upset about anyways.

D

Dalaihempy

Please guys move on get back to topic i really want to avoid any more net bullshit i am tierd of it as are most i did not think sam or others here went out of there way to piss me off or do i think sam singled me out or any others in this post i just have had a gut full honestly and right now im just wonting to not post and leve it a few days and make my mind up on my next move then and nothing personal to any at icmag just how i feel.

DocLeaf said:
google toolbar has a spell check :D

Smart ass.

British_Hempire said:
Let me point out this is far from the first time hempy has got upset, he'll get over it, I'm sure.

Sam was only trying to give some friendly advice, that much is obvious, I'm sure if he wanted to be offensive he would have been clear about it, as it is, he was clearly trying NOT to offend.

Silly bloody thing to get upset about anyways.

No its not but how many times do people expect me to turn the other cheek ? no more.

Just get back to topic guys please.

dkmonk

Sam out of all the original Haze's that are available now, that either claim to be original or are a hybrid of your original which one do you like best for yield, visual quality, taste and high?

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
expat said:
the grow of the plants that contributed to that cross(H-Bomb) are pictured here. were all flowered from sprout.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=9245&page=1&pp=15&highlight=panama+red

the cherry bomb didnt have hardly any stretch, and ive had slower growin tight little haze plants in the THOHaze. have had plants flowered at 6 inches and finish under 4 ft.(from clone)

havent run either of the crosses made back then(05) H-Bomb or the CherryHaze(CB X Haze) those seeds were gifted to a charity back then at *****. there wasnt anything but sallies in the OP at the time so shouldnt be any indica in there other then what shows up from the 2 lines. only pollens floatin around were from the Haze or CherryBomb.

Thank you, for the info.

gonejah17

love the thread. Thanks for all the incredible knowledge Sam, and all the other experienced headz out there.

Hempy, dude was just making a joke about the words sward and sod, lol shit was funny.

As far as the spelling I dont think ppl are trying to pick on u its just hard to understand man, u gotta reread words and it just messes up the flow. Truth be told Ive skippped many of ur posts just to avoid the hassle of chopping my way thru them. And I know u have a lot of info to offer so just keep that in mind.

Great thread again!! Thank you so much for all youve done SAM!!

G

No its not but how many times do people expect me to turn the other cheek ? no more.

Just get back to topic guys please.

Cool, on topic it is! I would never want to upset ya mate, I consider this place to be a community and like in any community anti-social behavious should be frowned upon, I just want everyone to get along and keep focussed on the ganja not the personalities. We should respect our elders who have been growing a long time I reckon and be understanding of their foibles, and we all have our foibles!

bigherb

Veteran
lets keep it green, love is love .this community is like a family we should be open n honest n be able to get past disagreements.confrontation is like constapation ur stuck on shit.i lov opinions n everyone has one. blaze som haze n spread the knowledge .back tooo ohaze

S

Scorpion

Back on Topic
I thought you might have missed this question,
so I will give it another go.
Scorpion said:
good morning Sam

Do you know of any Pure Sativas {not related to O Haze} available to the public?
Ive made a couple hybrids with the Haze ,but they were always indi/sat hybrids,decent but nothing to get excited about.
I tried to find a sweet mexican red hair from the old days,but so far all I come across is hybrid of unknown ancestry.
thank you for the time.

peace

gonejah17

Srry to be a noob asking noob questions that r probably answered over and over again somewhere but real quick Sam (or anyone that KNOWS) did I read correctly that you are responsible for Durban Poison as well??

I read someone suggest that maybe you could take the time to list all the strains that are urs. Itd be good to hear it from the horses mouth but I guess over the yrs there've been so many. Not sure how hard that would be for you to do and obviously no one wants to put you out. Anyways so great to learn about u man Im trying to find as much info on u as I can as u are like the ultimate hero in this culture as far as Im concerned

Id love to move out to Maine where apparently there ARE Medical Marijuana laws but its just hard to start it up. I happen to have a little capital and some political ties out in that area and also happen to know there are some Great growers out there and some good genetics. I would like to start a club and get into breeding myself. I wonder have you sampled some of the outdoor varieties up in the NE USA?? And if u have, do u have any comments on it good or bad?? Srry to bug man but its so hard not to pick such a great brain . . . .

G

bigherb said:
lets keep it green, love is love .this community is like a family we should be open n honest n be able to get past disagreements.confrontation is like constapation ur stuck on shit.i lov opinions n everyone has one. blaze som haze n spread the knowledge .back tooo ohaze

Great post

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Q: Is the 'Haze' that went from Lowland Seed Co. to Positronics Seed Co. as 'Haze #19', the same genetic base that goes into 'Haze x Skunk' that contemporary Dutch seed co-operatives stock today?

many thanks

peace
dLeaf :joint:

T

terran2

Cinderella99 said:
That is what I LOVE about internet: This is actually Sam the Sk man that is talking to us...Just rec'd some "Pure" seed from TFD. Thanks (indirectly) Sam... Hey when you commin' back to Cali? :nono:

There's hardly a plant i've found ever that matches the ease & vigor indoors of this POG clone cut we have up in N Cali . Not to mention a breeze to clone (clones itself) , takes almost anything you give her plus haven't yet been able to ever see her nute burn (completely nute tolerant). Just one of those all time beauty , low maintenance plants thats even easier to grow & better resin production that rivals the classic NL . No muss... no fuss ma , just good rock hard budz produced everytime ...one of the worlds classics. Save a male or two for breeding ...have fun with the pure Sknk.

Hindu Kush x Skunk1 or TFD's "POG"
always classic @ 4-5wks below :

hindukushxskunk1002smalmx9.jpg

34374DSC00982.JPG

Last edited:
G

You know, doesn't seem to matter whether it's Hindu Kush x Skunk #1, Afghan #1 x Skunk #1 or NL #5 x Skunk #1, there are loads of people around the world who say it is some of the finest dank they have ever grown. I think the point is, Skunk #1 x indica crossbreeds tend to be rather good, I suppose the reason the Dutch loved Skunk so much at first was it was a huge step up in quality over their previous Nederwiet, then when they got into breeding, they discovered it was great for that too. Only problem is, they used it too much, got lazy and crossed pretty much everything to Skunk. Those Skunk #1 x indica crosses have come to represent the taste and smell of the Dutch weed scene to many. Maybe you can have too much of a good thing? I'd take pure Skunk #1 over a indica/skunk hybrid anyday though, much prefer the clearer high.

T

terran2

Heya Brit_Hempire ....noticed over on your "Rez's SSSDH feminised" thread you stated honestly that

" I've never found a plant that was done in less than 55 that was worth smoking to be honest "

* well that POG clone cut we have pic'd above finishes routinely @ day 45-50 easily ....
and its very top notch smoke...energizing & clear . If one considers the "eye
appeal" as well it rates high 9's and all finished easily by day 50 (or less)

A pretty nice cut all around ...(of course there's better)
:redface:

regards

t2

PS: never seen even one bananna either ;o)

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
terran2 said:
Heya Brit_Hempire ....noticed over on your "Rez's SSSDH feminised" thread you stated honestly that

" I've never found a plant that was done in less than 55 that was worth smoking to be honest "

interesting. i always agreed with this too, but now i have one in my stable which is really fine at 49, believe it or not. i think 56 is optimal though for it. its an ogkushS1 x highend cross. really good resin%.

gonejah17

terran2 said:
There's hardly a plant i've found ever that matches the ease & vigor indoors of this POG clone cut we have up in N Cali . Not to mention a breeze to clone (clones itself) , takes almost anything you give her plus haven't yet been able to ever see her nute burn (completely nute tolerant). Just one of those all time beauty , low maintenance plants thats even easier to grow & better resin production that rivals the classic NL . No muss... no fuss ma , just good rock hard budz produced everytime ...one of the worlds classics. Save a male or two for breeding ...have fun with the pure Sknk.

Hindu Kush x Skunk1 or TFD's "POG"
always classic @ 4-5wks below :

hindukushxskunk1002smalmx9.jpg

34374DSC00982.JPG

Damn, do u ever donate cuts to clubs up there?? Im in SoCal and Ive been doing this lately trying to spread genetics. If u ever do, let me know Id love to drive up there and grab one. Looks and sounds like some amazing genetics!!

So does anyone know the origin of Durban Poison? Ive been really impressed with this strain. I know this is a haze thread but I thought Sam said he had originated it?? And ppl HAVE been mentioning other sats. Just trying to expand my knowledge.

Latest posts

Latest posts