What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

G

Hgdfdiw.jpg
GFN8PtV.jpg
3OsTpm0.jpg

mP7cTp1.jpg
cwoXlAB.jpg
HJ6HL9l.jpg
wzdS2nm.jpg

iHPPP57.jpg
xDN7njp.jpg
8HAcDVN.jpg
0kFwsKo.jpg
5KNLnRh.jpg
m0PlPah.jpg

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Wow is that 1 gallon growbag? Transplanted from partcup starters? I have no idea what container size/ plantcount to try in my 3'x3' (1m X 1m) tent when it gets here...

TheDarkStorm

The plants Todd is selling are definitely not pure haze. I found some little sativa plants, others with intersex traits. Maybe a hybrid of ohaze * neville haze ... an accident, who knows ... but the seeds are definitely not original haze.
Without a doubt Seedmans*golli is a much better option. If you can get them.

Here are some nice ones that seem back up what you say mike.....pretty easily visable in the line if know what your looking at....I think this type is available as a whole line....not sure if it was matched to a identical male though to make the seeds....but definitely a bld type.

not my picture.
Click image for larger version  Name:	phaze2_3477016a-d1cd-4d5a-aa39-b074c4b530c8_250x250@2x.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	18026378

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Wow, that phenotype doesn't look OH at all. Where did he say he sourced it again? Dutch Passion? I guess it might have been hybridized from the start.

TheDarkStorm

Wow, that phenotype doesn't look OH at all. Where did he say he sourced it again? Dutch Passion? I guess it might have been hybridized from the start.

I think the problem is tod never did big big numbers.....I think those inputs are just to maintain the health of the line that have probably been done before he got the seeds...its a excellent method for keeping something healthy an maintaining especially if you know something may crap out afew generations in....so if he had done big numbers an open pollinated those types wouldn't have shown up as quickly...mike may have unfortunately got afew seeds that come from the exact same mom an dad...rather than getting a more mixed set from the other few moms an dads..if he did this problem probably wouldn't have happened.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I think the problem is tod never did big big numbers.....I think those inputs are just to maintain the health of the line that have probably been done before he got the seeds...its a excellent method for keeping something healthy an maintaining especially if you know something may crap out afew generations in....so if he had done big numbers an open pollinated those types wouldn't have shown up as quickly...mike may have unfortunately got afew seeds that come from the exact same mom an dad...rather than getting a more mixed set from the other few moms an dads..if he did this problem probably wouldn't have happened.

With Ohaze it's quite understandable you'd wanna do that but I'd still prefer to know the parentals if that's the case. One of the first things I did with my Ohaze is create an outcrossed sister line. I felt it needed that. My line has a bit of Nepalese and the difference in vigour is noticeable.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
So do those plants look lumbo? I got a feeling that Todd's OHaze plants looking different to what others remember, and Sam and Todd's sudden "OHaze is only a cross of Columbians" is related.

goingrey

So do those plants look lumbo? I got a feeling that Todd's OHaze plants looking different to what others remember, and Sam and Todd's sudden "OHaze is only a cross of Columbians" is related.

Surely the newer pure-Colombian ancestry knowledge is a result of Phylos DNA sequencing.

The girl in the photo TheDarkStorm posted does not look Colombian to me. Reminds me of some outdoor Runtz of all things.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Surely the newer pure-Colombian ancestry knowledge is a result of Phylos DNA sequencing.

The girl in the photo TheDarkStorm posted does not look Colombian to me. Reminds me of some outdoor Runtz of all things.

It's mostly Skunkman's word that we're going with. Afaik there
has been no pure haze on Phylos. If it ever was sequenced they decided to keep the results to themselves for some reason.

Oldtimer's haze comes out looking 100% Colombian though.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
so far i'll can tell while i'll have grown' them...
Oltimer Haze is pure columbian mix (he lost the best too... dubi did only get what was left and made selections with charly)
Seedsman also pure columbian but more selected by Sam
TFD OHz ... org line was not pure columbian... i'll bet thai was mixed in...
Tom Hill Haze same here ... bet Thai was in da mix
Golli's OHz via Sam end 90' pure Columbian but different to Seedsman.. not so much worked on...
Sam's OHz last seeds he made that i'll got from him while visiting... need to explore coming season
Todd's OHz line... hmm not sure ... only had 3 ... terpene was OHz but leaf style was like THH
2022 is to explore the OHz seeds from Sam Tom & Golli...
the best will get worked on... after all this trials i'll know now the best way to do it...
from all those crosses i'll made is A5 x OHz (selfed) the one that come very close to terpene and high of the OHz
same flower time but bigger buds... and more yield... did A5/OHzS1 x OHz ...
so hopefully that fixed it and i'll get the same high... but stronger & longer
other surprise was Tangie x OHz S1 ... what a great terpene and high... did Tangie/OHzS1 x OHz too ... just in case ;-)
Zamal x OHz and Zamal x THH are hitting the same high... but not easy to grow indoors...
i'm still looking to get more yield and shorter flower time but same high and duration as Ohz
got now the old pre 2000 C99 and C88 ... so will pair the best with the OHz and bx than to my best selfed OHz
think that will give me what im looking for...
10 weeks Haze with huge yield but same euphoric long lasting high as OHz
why... did Jack Herrer x OHz and it's killer ... close too but 10 weeks
did also C99 (after 2000) x OHz ...
so experience showed ... that could be the perfect match
what doesn't work... is for example crossing the same OHz line .. eg. Seedsman x Seedsman or Golli x Golli ... or THH x THH...
you loose more and more potency & duration...
well finally happy that so many can explore the OHz now again and when i'm ready with it i'm sure we find a way for everyone who is interested to get there hands on...
most important to me is that those gem's are safe... that was step one... and is done mostly
growin' now my first selections Golli x Seedsman S1... that will give more insight
did also Seedsman x Golli S1 ...
those Seedsman seeds i'll used where gifted by JohnnyChicago
all the work i'll did until now was only to preserve & share ... no money involved.
also the THH repro was free... no money involved ... only to preserve and give more grower access to the good's
i'll love the haze...
in my book there is nothing that touches a great THH or OHz pheno... and i've grown most of all know sativa's

wish you all a great hazy 2022!
HaZe LoVe ❤️
M.:smoker:

Golli OHz 90'
_DSC1006.jpeg
_DSC1047.jpeg

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Thanks for the insight Mac! The community is lucky to have you around. So is Haze.

Could Golli's line of Original Haze be a promising source for "new" un explored haze phenotypes if it's indeed pure and less inbred?

And the stuff derived from Positronics stock could be closer to the Thai bloodlines SamS has talked about?

OldCoolSativa

from all those crosses i'll made is A5 x OHz (selfed) the one that come very close to terpene and high of the OHz
same flower time but bigger buds... and more yield... did A5/OHzS1 x OHz ...
so hopefully that fixed it and i'll get the same high... but stronger & longer

i'm still looking to get more yield and shorter flower time but same high and duration as Ohz
got now the old pre 2000 C99 and C88 ... so will pair the best with the OHz and bx than to my best selfed OHz
think that will give me what im looking for...
10 weeks Haze with huge yield but same euphoric long lasting high as OHz

I wish you good luck in this endeavor. Personally, I think the weed gene pool has been largely ruined over the last 40 years by trying to breed faster, bigger yielding plants. In my opinion, the unique high from a 20-week sativa simply can't be replicated in 10 weeks. When you select away from long flowering you're alsoo going to be selecting away from the very best effects. I don't think your objective is possible, but I'd be happy to see you prove me wrong. Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Latest posts