What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ohaze x Ohaze bag seed ;) (Seedsman)
Click image for larger version  Name:	5C764C06-10BD-4A36-8C83-E9CCE5120631.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	193.5 KB ID:	17933670
Click image for larger version  Name:	F6FE3491-D3CF-4A27-BBA0-84D40DCD6F25.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	208.2 KB ID:	17933672
Click image for larger version  Name:	8AD01A9B-F8E2-4A38-AD5F-A84BB838202D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	17933673
Click image for larger version  Name:	52642FDB-A691-445E-9569-9ED634C3301E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	199.7 KB ID:	17933675

LostTribe

Premium user
And also, the haze story begins long before Neville and long before Sam...and long before the Haze bro's as far as I know..and long before the '69 columbian gold..to throw a spanner in the works. As far as I know the half a century or more, prior to that the best varietals that they could find around the world, search done by botanists etc. associated with US governments and pharmaceutical companies like for example el lilly etc. and got taken to Columbian mountains to grow out and breed and experiment and the indicas basically got selected against with the misty tropical mountain environmental conditions that are always humid, and the thai and asian and african and other sativas just all interbred and with the agricultural research station being shuttered around the time of the second world war, the hippies discovered the naturalized descendants growing 20 years later in the Columbian highlands and shipped some back the Santa Cruz and the rest is history.. that is the back story to the parent genetics of the haze ancestors as far as I know. I cannot find references looking now but I've read the story a few times over the years, I'll keep an eye out for it..

I remember that story.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I remember that story.

I have looked and looked for that story online but cannot find it..I think it was referenced in a past thread on the mag as well? I do wonder if phylos has done stuff on landrace colombians and seen any thai or african ancestory to that, and then the indian and eastern influences also in african weed are well studied..

So it is all an incestuous genepool in the end, but pretty much all amazing stuff till today being a mix of stuff that got taken to every corner of the globe through thousands of years of trade and use, recreationally and industrially, though most movement in the last few hundred years as technology allowed it, and all that stuff acclimatized to which ever respective corner it found itself in and selected for its preferred traits and flavors and also which terpenes conveyed disease resistance or attracted pollinators. And pretty much every winner today can be traced to a handful of stuff in its ancestry that resulted from the first few generations of this mixing and hybridizing, along with other stuff being introduced from the lands in between.. And here we sit here now and wonder and debate as to how we got here...its quite a fascinating ride we and dope have been on together! I'm glad to have been a part of the journey!

I remember discussions here on the mag where people were asking, does your weed actually smell like the name descriptions, theirs always just tasting like weed, and I remember replying that I've smoked weed that tasted like pure blueberries muffins, cherries, grapes, guavas, strawberries, lemons, banana, pink bubblegum etc etc..just like the name described or not and remember people replying in disbelief...and now you can go online and buy a thousand varieties of banana strawberry guava lemon blueberry bubblegum etc, whatever your heart desires..Its been quite a ride..but still the hazes won't leave us be...purple haze gone in my brain...there is nothing like that pale loudly aromatic unsuspecting looking fluffy stringy sativa twho's smoke absolutely blows your head off, cuts through anything else you've had for the day and tastes like your words fail to describe..and does not let up for the rest of the afternoon until you go nap it off and wake up hungover dry mouth and with a raging appetite..Just like weed used to do to you back in the day..

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@maryjaneismyfre i'll had a purple haze like you describe....
it's haze19 x O.Haze (TFD first edition made by Sam)... haze19 was a cut...
still have seeds... but the long flower time... eg 160 day's + the low yield makes it hard to grow...
here some images...

haze19 x O.Haze
IMG_3833.jpg
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3931.jpg
IMG_3947.jpg
IMG_3985.jpg
IMG_3998.jpg
IMG_4002.jpg
IMG_4004.jpg
IMG_4118.jpg

background Zamal, African Mulanje Gold... forgound haze19 x O.Haze
IMG_4124.jpg

cure
IMG_4437.jpg
d lower bud...
IMG_4438.jpg

get haZed'
M.:smoker:

Goodherb

still have seeds... but the long flower time... eg 160 day's + the low yield makes it hard to grow...
here some images...

haze19 x O.Haze

cure
d lower bud...

get haZed'

Mac, you intentions of making reproduction those , especially Haze 19 x O. Haze to a less degree Mulanje Gold !?

Haze 19 x O.Haze buds (as you low yielding) stingily .
How is the smoke ?

funkyhorse

MadMac, your garbage is gold here, it shows how different is breeder thinking according to environments

Seedsman Original Haze from pack girl 1, she reminds me on looks your Haze19 x TFD Ohz
She was the longest flowering one, she finnished in july which would be january in northen hemisphere
Over 3 meters tall in 20 liter pot, I am very happy with my 40 grams yield, not that bad, it is grown for myself, not for profit
Even if high is washed down from what it was the parent plants from the 70s-80s, it still delivers some of the best highs available today

Smoh 1.jpeg
64A7B41B FACC 4D2B 977B 243DEE533A39

LostTribe

Premium user
here some images...

haze19 x O.Haze

cure
d lower bud...

get haZed'

Thats a gnarly gurl looks awesome for 160 days too!

robotwithdreams

Veteran
hello,
just got some exiting images from my friend in GB...
it's the first time i'll see my last OHz work...
it's a R4 OHz... (best four OHz girls x best four OHz girls reversed)
two plants... booth looking similar ...
very good frost for outdoors in cold summer 2021 in GB...
it's done by light dep. ... carry in& out every day... 120 day's ...
a huge huge respect to the grower... perfect grow OHz... in a small 10 liter pot ...
can you imagine... this plant in a proper climate outdoors... or greenhouse... duhhh...
think this is how it was looking back in da day's in 1976'

Sam_Skunkman ... many thx for the how too... :flowers2:
see ...it worked out very well :)

vigor & yield is back...
it's the Seedsman x 90 OHz or via versa... 3 90' OHz and 1 Seedsman girl

OHz R4 V2 #1

detail

OHz R4 V2 #2

detail

:yay:
get hazed

Amazing work! really curious to know if these seeds will be available at the banks.

acespicoli

Flying Dutchmen is currently unavailable.
Would you like to be notified when our unique strains will be available again?
Fill out the form below and we will keep you posted.

been offline for quite awhile now...
if you have the haze stock might be good to keep it viable

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

You can save your money with tfd haze, the seedbank has been in decline for a while and their original haze is hybrid

MadMac

far beyond driven...

IMG_1816X.jpg

SamS has still a huge bag of OHz seeds... all still full viable ...
:yay:

Attachments

• IMG_1816X.jpg
    IMG_1816X.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Being in the fridge is not helping any one Mac.

Sam is getting on now if the work with haze was going to be done it should of been done by now.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope everyone's made plans for their work to pass on to someone when it's time. IMO it would be a huge loss if your life's work is lost. I've already made plans for Someone to get my life's work when it's my time.

It's never too early to plan for something we cant change. 10 years ago I bought my niche for cremation for $800, that same spot will cost 12k$ today. It's not something I wanted my family to worry about so it's all paid for and ready to go.

1990 OH LOOKING SWEET.
DSCN1208.JPG

acespicoli

I hope everyone's made plans for their work to pass on to someone when it's time. IMO it would be a huge loss if your life's work is lost. I've already made plans for Someone to get my life's work when it's my time.

It's never too early to plan for something we cant change. 10 years ago I bought my niche for cremation for $800, that same spot will cost 12k$ today. It's not something I wanted my family to worry about so it's all paid for and ready to go.

1990 OH LOOKING SWEET.

“May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
half an hour before the devil knows you're dead”

― IRISH BLESSINGS