What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Mimpi Manis

StarCrash said: Thanks Dark … It’s my favorite smoke …and I’ve been smoking for 49 years! Since 1973;)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

My first smoke ever about 1968. First SE Asian was Singapore stopover on way to UK. Unbelievable good stuff.
Spent the most of the night on 5th floor of Oberoi Hotel, listening to Abby Road on my mates little cassette player
... waiting for it to wear off to get some sleep. It took a while. Either Aceh or Thai is my guess? Put what was left of the
four 'bullets' (90%... about an oz. - cost $5.00) down the toilet. Didn't I miss that stuff the whole time I was in UK! Locals
smoked huge tobacco joints with a sprinkle of hash. Truly horrible.

First Buddha Stick 1975. Arguably even better than the Singapore stuff. Benchmark pot. The last of it - a 1" roach - had
then girlfriend and I hallucinating. When I read all those weed horror stories of all this 'strong modern marijuana' it makes
me understand what a bunch of ignoramuses most of the mainstream is when it comes to cannabis. No idea. Not a scintilla. Yet
these are the dimwits who make all the rules. I've been waiting a long 50 years for the wake up here... but in many respects it's
hardly gotten better for heads in my part of the world.

Love your work sir. Your source is a stand up bloke also. Knows his stuff. Give my eye teeth for something like that early SE Asian
stuff to play around with in these Mediterranean climes. A few of my old strain guerrilla grow Circa 1982. Then some Z99 pics courtesy
of our mutual friend.

OldStrain1982-web.jpg
Guerilla1982-web.jpg
CuredSum-1982-web.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
StarCrash said: Thanks Dark … It’s my favorite smoke …and I’ve been smoking for 49 years! Since 1973;)

My first smoke ever about 1968. First SE Asian was Singapore stopover on way to UK. Unbelievable good stuff.
Spent the most of the night on 5th floor of Oberoi Hotel, listening to Abby Road on my mates little cassette player
... waiting for it to wear off to get some sleep. It took a while. Either Aceh or Thai is my guess? Put what was left of the
four 'bullets' (90%... about an oz. - cost $5.00) down the toilet. Didn't I miss that stuff the whole time I was in UK! Locals
smoked huge tobacco joints with a sprinkle of hash. Truly horrible.

First Buddha Stick 1975. Arguably even better than the Singapore stuff. Benchmark pot. The last of it - a 1" roach - had
then girlfriend and I hallucinating. When I read all those weed horror stories of all this 'strong modern marijuana' it makes
me understand what a bunch of ignoramuses most of the mainstream is when it comes to cannabis. No idea. Not a scintilla. Yet
these are the dimwits who make all the rules. I've been waiting a long 50 years for the wake up here... but in many respects it's
hardly gotten better for heads in my part of the world.

Love your work sir. Your source is a stand up bloke also. Knows his stuff. Give my eye teeth for something like that early SE Asian
stuff to play around with in these Mediterranean climes. A few of my old strain guerrilla grow Circa 1982. Then some Z99 pics courtesy
of our mutual friend.

😎
203EEBDE-F9FE-4FEC-85E6-61BDF56D4621.jpeg
FB4C6385-DCEE-49A3-8922-98C05A90FD4A.jpeg
ECCF2592-97D7-4231-8FB2-A453236A6B55.jpeg
55566FB8-DC17-4F3B-8872-E2F6E302BAF0.jpeg
5C09FC4E-37CA-49D6-86CF-68F4774BC77F.jpeg
C4FE503A-7A3F-4721-B2D5-F763334D799B.jpeg
2C551F78-C261-4C90-8868-ACDF5145D142.jpeg
059750FB-7760-4FF6-A0C4-49EF96201065.jpeg
448B321A-FD77-4B6A-9E29-28B6C3C3ECF9.jpeg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Looks like another dose of 'strain envy' coming up thanks to Mr Star Crash. You've got some chops for a 'young dude'...!

im sure mr star has a giggle at that comment lj,
i bet he is young at heart ,
but having seen his picture , i dont think he identifies as a "young dude" ,
hahaha ..

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I notice with haze hybrids that tend to foxtail, grow them in winter or cool conditions and the buds are tight, grow it indoors or throw a little heat stress at the plants and they foxtail like crazy..Just my observations.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I notice with haze hybrids that tend to foxtail, grow them in winter or cool conditions and the buds are tight, grow it indoors or throw a little heat stress at the plants and they foxtail like crazy..Just my observations.

the trait has to be there to manifest lots of other variety s an phenos of same strain in same room without foxtailing

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
the trait has to be there to manifest lots of other variety s an phenos of same strain in same room without foxtailing

Yeah 100%, nature and nurture...but I was also talking about running many different plants together, in pheno hunts..but the trait yes must be latent for it to appear when environment suits it..but I notice it when running in a room that gets heat stress, or mid summer greenhouse light dep crop, as opposed to same genetic run in normal end of summer flower or winter indoors or winter greenhouse crop..

harvestreaper

Veteran
Yeah 100%, nature and nurture...but I was also talking about running many different plants together, in pheno hunts..but the trait yes must be latent for it to appear when environment suits it..but I notice it when running in a room that gets heat stress, or mid summer greenhouse light dep crop, as opposed to same genetic run in normal end of summer flower or winter indoors or winter greenhouse crop..

i hear you ,,interesting observation now you mention i remember one did an one didnt foxtail so extreme last run couldnt be heat that time but something made a diffrence as they were right next to each other