What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JH x Colombian f3 :D

7287DSCN0297_1_.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
(First, excellent pics as always. I think you've dialed in amazingly quick, you and Star, to these Haze's needs. Kudos)

And can confirm re: aerocloner timing. I've done them at various intervals and combinations of On/Off and 24/7. Sure roots are possible with the 24/7 but the res gets realllly warm and becomes a perfect breeding ground for all sorts of crap. I think I've been able to stretch it to 1-2 min On/20 min Off, iirc?

:tiphat:
5F4611F4-E2E7-407E-8627-53FA28B7FC06.jpeg

LostTribe

Premium user
It was open ...wide open and accidental:D

Tell me about it I barely dusted these last THH and 2 Todds with a tiny paint brush and got 3x what I was expecting and haven't even gotten to the keeper tops which I can see plenty more peeking out.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Same- my THH male was prolific. Got more seed than bud. Totally worth it. The mother was fantastic and sweeter smelling, great symmetry on structure. The other female culled was not (lopsided and wild growing.)

Bnyest

Same- my THH male was prolific. Got more seed than bud. Totally worth it. The mother was fantastic and sweeter smelling, great symmetry on structure. The other female culled was not (lopsided and wild growing.)

I think number of seeds female produces depends on the genetics ( bud structure, density, resin coverage etc.) In about same size bud of Metal dragon cross I found 45 seeds vs 5 seeds in tight ass Headbanger nug. Both pollinated with same OH male

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I think number of seeds female makes depends on the genetics ( bud structure, density, resin coverage etc.) In about same size bud of Metal dragon cross I found 45 seeds vs 5 seeds in tight ass Headbanger nug. Both pollinated with same OH male

And also the stage of flowering at the time of pollination. There is a hotspot for that. Wait too long and you might get a bunch of empty seeds.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think number of seeds female produces depends on the genetics ( bud structure, density, resin coverage etc.) In about same size bud of Metal dragon cross I found 45 seeds vs 5 seeds in tight ass Headbanger nug. Both pollinated with same OH male

I start pollination at week 3. How good the pollen coverage was matters. I don't think genetics play a big role in seed production. We can manipulate plants to make a lot of seeds every time. If you leave a female in with a male and shake your male every day for a week id bet the number of seeds produced would be in the thousands. I do this and get 2-3k seeds. The final count depends on how long you let the plant live. After 50 days seeds will be ripe.

Last edited:

Bnyest

I start pollination at week 3. If you leave a female in with a male and shake the male everyday for a week id bet the amount of seeds produced would be in the thousands. I do this and get 2-3k seeds. Final count depends how long you let the plant live. After 50 days seeds will be rip.

Thanks for the tip Hammer.
In my case all the females were at the same day of flower (about week 3) and spent same amount of time with a male. Everything got pollinated just fine, Headbanger just didn’t produce as many seeds as the others. Still more than enough for myself :)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO Its got more to do with Pollen viability and how well the pollen took. If you get lots of white seeds the pollen was not at its best. good pollen won't make many white seeds when given the time to rippen.

LostTribe

Premium user
Smoke report ToddM3 well should have kept it. This one reeked of wild onion root and not in a good way while in bloom. It was fatter and finished in 13 so it was in the middle. Only after curing it for 5 months has it truly turned into a beautiful thing. Opening the jar is the exact same as SLH but without the lemon only deeper gnarliness. This one is still #3 though initial take off is like rocket fuel but it sort of levels off at cruising altitude. Basically all of the girls I ran from todd were fantastic and I expect anyone else may have chosen other keepers. May cull the 1 as its not nearly as good as the lime/purp 2.

RingtailCanyon

thanks for the report

Smoke report ToddM3 well should have kept it. This one reeked of wild onion root and not in a good way while in bloom. It was fatter and finished in 13 so it was in the middle. Only after curing it for 5 months has it truly turned into a beautiful thing. Opening the jar is the exact same as SLH but without the lemon only deeper gnarliness. This one is still #3 though initial take off is like rocket fuel but it sort of levels off at cruising altitude. Basically all of the girls I ran from todd were fantastic and I expect anyone else may have chosen other keepers. May cull the 1 as its not nearly as good as the lime/purp 2.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts