What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

JohnnyChicago

it is goli´s original haze x tom hill original haze from Mac. I was hoping for purple pheno, like you or Syd got. but no luck :D

Ah ok that one. Really was thinking it did contain Seedsman OH.
Noticed the difference, when you did show your plant. Yours is much more dark leafed than mine.
Rest looked the same.
But I had onelike yours too, slightly more frosty and fluffie. Similar to OH90.
First puff on the joint did remind me old jack Herer, but then just tasted like the best colunbian red I ever had.
No chunch incense like you described, but the nag champa kind.
Love the flower structure of yours. Can see the incense there :)

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Noticed the difference, when you did show your plant. Yours is much more dark leafed than mine.
Rest looked the same.
First puff on the joint did remind me old jack Herer, but then just tasted like the best colunbian red I ever had.

That different kind of incense like nag champa or like it have curry bbq suace like overtone i found in many phenos of Kali mist.

While straight church in NL5xhaze Sensi. And church to lemony church in Jack Herer

Orangey mango incense in SSH by mr nice.

Serious seeds and Sensi probably used that pepper O haze also.

While shanti have something like mango thai...or mango smelling haze pheno.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Rest looked the same.

yeah I did not smoke it yet. it can change. I just reported very strong penetrating church smell when flowering. very unusually strong. It surprised me a lot. it also eats a lot and is the quickest. I would not await so stinky plant. more fragrant. it reminds me frankie pheno of neville´s haze I got 7 years ago, but this reeks even more it seems. not that frankie pheno of NH was my favorite and I let it go quickly. those others are just "normal" floral original haze I would await. I am amazed by strong terps, but effect is more important for me at these long flowering plants.

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
there was a trade between India & Mexico for the famous Habanero peppers

Interestingly enough, the Habanero peppers from the Capsicum chinense species are some of the only peppers that didn't originate in Mexico, just like the chile Manzano as well (C. pubescens), which came from the traditonal Rocoto peppers from Chile.

In fact, the Habaneros originate from the Amazon basin lowlands where they got spread all over Peru, the Orinoco Basin (Colombia and Venezuela) and finally into the Caribbean islands (Guyana, Surinam and so on). It's said they entered Mexico through the southern area of Yucatan, but well over the Mayan empire era (post-Colombus), since there's actually no Mayan terminology for Habaneros, unlike with other ancient Mayan peppers from Yucatan which were named by its traditional Mayan term: Maax Ik, Xcat Ik, Yaax Ik or Chawa Ik.

Mexico embraced the Habaneros anyway and they soon became one the most renowned local products from Yucatan or Campeche. I've also noticed Habanero pepper types are indeed very present in places where there are remanents of hindu culture and where Indian migrants arrived in the past, like Indonesia, Madagascar, Reunion and so on.

It's interesting to see how the whole Asia embraced the chili peppers within their culture after the Portuguese merchants exported those from the Americas.

As for the origin of Mexico's psychoactive Cannabis cultivars, let's remember African drug Cannabis was imported to America very early during the slave era and, later, Indian drug Cannabis was imported too into the Caribbean (allegedly the same area where the Habanero peppers jumped into Mexico from). Spanish hemp has very little to do with Mexican drug Cannabis IMHO. I'm definitely more inclined to think ancient African genetics were mixed with other later drug imports all over the years (Parke & Davis, BOEL?, etc).

Vibes.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello haze lovers,
so happy to see so much progress and haze grow...
21 ... duhhh
well here is a reversed OHz 90 male... one of my fav's ... you see why...
hope to discover SamS last breeding secrets ;-)
need new meeting!
have lot of questions....

OHz 90' male reversed... now little sun and he pushes the resin so much...
those males you can smoke... and test... but XY x XY (male x male)...
can't wait to pop those ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	_3301205.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	17820585

Click image for larger version  Name:	_3301203.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	177.8 KB ID:	17820586

Click image for larger version  Name:	_3301201.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	17820587

Click image for larger version  Name:	_3301205.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	17820585

i'll love this stuff...
M.:smoker:

Montuno

...como el Son...
However, I believe that everything indicates that the cannabis that triumphed in the Spanish plantations in the area from Mexico to Colombia were psychoactive sativas from black Africa: the same ones that were being planted in the wetter Canary Islands (licenses were even granted to Portuguese entrepreneurs to promote cultivation in the archipelago, I believe). Undoubtedly, that the seeds imported to America were loaded in the Canary Islands, instead of in the Peninsula, could be revealing.

Also, to pick up again the official documentation that collects the complaints of the Church to the Monarchy for how the popular classes use this cannabis to "get drunk"...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

bigherb

Veteran
hello haze lovers,
so happy to see so much progress and haze grow...
21 ... duhhh
well here is a reversed OHz 90 male... one of my fav's ... you see why...
hope to discover SamS last breeding secrets ;-)
need new meeting!
have lot of questions....

OHz 90' male reversed... now little sun and he pushes the resin so much...
those males you can smoke... and test... but XY x XY (male x male)...
can't wait to pop those ...

i'll love this stuff...

Amazing what a stud / beauty , Not sure what to call it lol

Shows you really got the eye for the goods ,I’m Curious how she/ he smokes ? Also curious Exactly why is that your favorite male ?

with all your experience , you have a lot to share , I’m curious exactly what your selections are based toward . I’ve spoke abit with JC about his Breeding with/towards the Incense side of Haze

Im hopeful you have another meeting with Sams , abit jealous but also excited. It would only benefit us all considering your generosity with your work and knowledge

Im hoping you could get his opinions on the Incense trait in Haze , it seems commonly associated. But he’s never touched on it in any post I’ve found ever

Blessings and Respect for all you’ve done

1luvbigherb

harvestreaper

Veteran
Interestingly enough, the Habanero peppers from the Capsicum chinense species are some of the only peppers that didn't originate in Mexico, just like the chile Manzano as well (C. pubescens), which came from the traditonal Rocoto peppers from Chile.

In fact, the Habaneros originate from the Amazon basin lowlands where they got spread all over Peru, the Orinoco Basin (Colombia and Venezuela) and finally into the Caribbean islands (Guyana, Surinam and so on). It's said they entered Mexico through the southern area of Yucatan, but well over the Mayan empire era (post-Colombus), since there's actually no Mayan terminology for Habaneros, unlike with other ancient Mayan peppers from Yucatan which were named by its traditional Mayan term: Maax Ik, Xcat Ik, Yaax Ik or Chawa Ik.

Mexico embraced the Habaneros anyway and they soon became one the most renowned local products from Yucatan or Campeche. I've also noticed Habanero pepper types are indeed very present in places where there are remanents of hindu culture and where Indian migrants arrived in the past, like Indonesia, Madagascar, Reunion and so on.

It's interesting to see how the whole Asia embraced the chili peppers within their culture after the Portuguese merchants exported those from the Americas.

As for the origin of Mexico's psychoactive Cannabis cultivars, let's remember African drug Cannabis was imported to America very early during the slave era and, later, Indian drug Cannabis was imported too into the Caribbean (allegedly the same area where the Habanero peppers jumped into Mexico from). Spanish hemp has very little to do with Mexican drug Cannabis IMHO. I'm definitely more inclined to think ancient African genetics were mixed with other later drug imports all over the years (Parke & Davis, BOEL?, etc).

Vibes.

slaves were brought to both oaxaca an guerrero from afriica were the two most famous mex strains hail

harvestreaper

Veteran
Beautiful ladies

Are all the pics the Same plant Haze4dayz ?

I love those foxtails what aromas are you getting?

The leaves don’t seem as slender as the seedsman Haze but the bud structure is very NLD

1luvbigherb

thanks..thats 3 cuts off one plant the last pic expresses the same as last run other 2 pics showing denser buds this time ,,first run on 11/13 this one 12/12 have another pheno in there too..aromas are sweet sharp hazey ill have to take a better sniff next time i see em lol

acespicoli

African_slave_trade.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	African_slave_trade.png Views:	0 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	17820913

Atlantic_Ocean_slave_location_map_by_source_and_destination.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	Atlantic_Ocean_slave_location_map_by_source_and_destination.png Views:	0 Size:	197.6 KB ID:	17820914

West Central Africa was the most common source region of Africa, and Portuguese America (Brazil) was the most common destination.
I heard before that seeds were brought at some point from africa

Let us look also at the arab slave trade as there are no strains of cannabis that are native to africa
https://en.wikipedia. :chin: org/wiki/...ic_slave_trade

In 1607, "hempe" was among the crops Gabriel Archer observed being cultivated by the natives at the main Powhatan village, where Richmond, Virginia is now situated; and in 1613, Samuell Argall reported wild hemp "better than that in England" growing along the shores of the upper Potomac. As early as 1619, the first Virginia House of Burgesses passed an Act requiring all planters in Virginia to sow "both English and Indian" hemp on their plantations.

durban congo even ciskei very nice strains
new question for SamS wonder what his best haze hybrid was???

Last edited:

Gry

A lot more black slaves were brought by the Europeans to the southeast of today's U.S.A.; isent right?...
...How many sativas originated there?

Not aware of any which originated there, however the very first British colony in Virginia mandated the payment of taxes
with cannabis, thereby assuring it would be one of the first crops planting. Ropewalks were a tradition at British shipping
points.

harvestreaper

Veteran
A lot more black slaves were brought by the Europeans to the southeast of today's U.S.A.; isent right?...
...How many sativas originated there?

i found it interesting that slaves were brought to those two areas and that slaves escaped an had free colonies there and that slaves would also flea from usa to those areas in mex ,,also free blackmen came into those areas with the spanish ..as to origins i have no idea hell the english were trading with north africa 2000 years before that so who knows

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
here a candy OHz 90' ... red stripe beast...
rotated her everyday counter clock ...
thought she will strangle herself... but no... just getting stronger... and less stretch...
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5862.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	17821145

background my other fav... those are all the mothers and fathers of the seeds i'll shared... still have all ... and best THH too... still need more to grow to know...
the 24 OHz are all worth to keep... and if it was only by looking @ them... so beautiful ...
to me the queen of all cannabis...
and from experience...
nothing can beat it ...
can only repeat...
many thx @ all involved !
and many thx@ SamS to keep this so long alive...
to be honest...
can't live without the haze anymore...
so be warned... once you inhale...
you'r sold...
you get addicted in nooo time...
welcome to the dark side of the moon!
the gray day becomes bright and colorful...
doesn't matter how much it rains...

Goodherb

hello,
here a candy OHz 90' ... red stripe beast...
rotated her everyday counter clock ...
thought she will strangle herself... but no... just getting stronger... and less stretch...

background my other fav... those are all the mothers and fathers of the seeds i'll shared... still have all ... and best THH too... still need more to grow to know...
the 24 OHz are all worth to keep... and if it was only by looking @ them... so beautiful ...
to me the queen of all cannabis...
and from experience...
nothing can beat it ...
can only repeat...
many thx @ all involved !
and many thx@ SamS to keep this so long alive...
to be honest...
can't live without the haze anymore...
so be warned... once you inhale...
you'r sold...
you get addicted in nooo time...
welcome to the dark side of the moon!
the gray day becomes bright and colorful...
doesn't matter how much it rains...

What are you saying , it's an highly antidepressants medicine ?! How we give thanks to the MOST HIGH, for the plant of renown /TREE of LIFE !