What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

JohnnyChicago

Hi Good Morning Johnny ! all the way from the East Coast USA:) they root easily in rapid rooters & going to flower out the female clones >>> View Image View Image

Good evening Star Crash! Their mother here :)
picture.php

G

Fasciated bandaid haze, now i know its not o haze but i thought i would still share the pic..;)

funkyhorse

I hope somebody can help and tell me what is this leaf I am seeing in one of my 5 plants I got from my Seedsman Original Haze pack which are all sexing at the moment. Is this any deficiency?
Thank you very much for help and have a nice weekend everybody
Seedsman Haze Lower leaf

picture.php

picture.php

Top shot
picture.php

G

Also finishing some OH x THH by Madmac ,almost 15 weeks 11/13 now...I think I'm chopping the green one in a few days and let the purple one go a bit more.They haven't been fed for a few weeks now,I could have gone with a smoother fade on the green one but you don't screw up you don't learn(even then it is not certain haha)

View ImageView ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

Nice looking hazes mate, do the purple hazes show signs of there colour early on.;)

TheDarkStorm

I hope somebody can help and tell me what is this leaf I am seeing in one of my 5 plants I got from my Seedsman Original Haze pack which are all sexing at the moment. Is this any deficiency?
Seedsman Haze Lower leaf

View Image
View Image
Top shot
View Image

Looks like varigation...a mutation...can be caused by a few factors....I wouldn't wory about it...I would check for any signs of pests in your root zone and under the leaves just incase ..if other plants are fine its probably just that one that'll be like that.

G

Nice looking hazes mate, do the purple hazes show signs of there colour early on.;)

Ty man!
If you mean early on as in veg, no.If as in early(7 weeks lol) flowering,maybe slightly darker leaves and if you like to pinch them you will see some colouration in the purple pheno stem...Green one doesn't bruise.
2benl00.jpg

unnamedmike

Seedsman Haze Lower leaf

One of my ssh shows variegation if the feed is low in calcium. It shows up a little earlier than calcium deficiency.
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Currently sitting in a solo drum circle sending massive good juju and positive vibrations to these 5 THH that haven't cracked.

Its been 24hrs. Damp paper towels, Luke warm tap water, sealed Tupperware, wrapped in towel with a hygrometer ontop, temps 73-76F.

Time alone, oh, time will tell!
LT

I've put them in the oven with the light on and the door cracked about a half inch to try to get the temp up to 85F. Had to do this to get the fresh OH to crack the last 2/6 but they got too hot, yet still cracked, so I am on the opposite side of the light next to door.

JohnnyChicago

The last pages are showing, at least to me, that If we grow the Haze, use and share our experience, we do progress. Even if you don't grow it, as long as it is constructive, your experience is very welcome. I guess we have seen more progress in 1-2 years than in the previous 15-20, for only one reason, it finally gets grown by a lot of people. Much more than you see here. As you need to gift OH seeds to 10-15 people, to find one Madmac or one Star Crash. But respected growers like Syd, Koon, Elanius etc. (sorry those I forgot) are always a guarantee. Not respected for no reason.
Share your Haze seeds.

Good Morning MadMac :trampoline:

90sOH(golli) x THH
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The purp pheno
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The last pages are showing, at least to me, that If we grow the Haze, use and share our experience, we do progress. Even if you don't grow it, as long as it is constructive, your experience is very welcome. I guess we have seen more progress in 1-2 years than in the previous 15-20, for only one reason, it finally gets grown by a lot of people. Much more than you see here. As you need to gift OH seeds to 10-15 people, to find one Madmac or one Star Crash. But respected growers like Syd, Koon, Elanius etc. (sorry those I forgot) are always a guarantee. Not respected for no reason.
Share your Haze seeds.

Good Morning MadMac :trampoline:

90sOH(golli) x THH
View Image View Image View Image

The purp pheno
View Image
I totally agree, the last couple of years have erased a lot of the wrong things said in the previous decades, thanks to you, MadMac, and other growers sharing the seeds and subsequently documenting the growth ... it was a life I didn't see that way lots of haze plants!
And I for first have to do "mea culpa" for having often lost patience, the passion for plants can sometimes play a bad joke....
PS pretty ladies ;)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m learning very well that growing Haze takes a lot of time ,it’s a huge commitment...This plant totally belongs outdoors in a long season climate, growing it indoors can be done but oh my God it’s a challenge ...a lot of resources ...and you have to have a green thumb , & you have to have patience & really love what you’re doing ...The ultimate goal for me is to get high on special marijuana... I’m growing these out and I am taking cuts and I am making a little clones, the way that I can repay is to share free Haze clones ...come see me...

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
OHz S1

OHz S1

hello haze lovers,

hello @JohnnyChicago -> i'll love you!

OHz S1 another one... this stuff is my holy grail...
smoking since 7 day's now only OHz S1 ...
have it all here... the best crosses ready cured...
but the early popcorn bud's from OHz S1 are absolute fire...
i'm sure my friends will confirm next week..
this is it... never had such potent weed with such amazing happy high by such long duration...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

curious how OHz S1 v2 will be...
all i'll learned from v1 got put in v2...
soon is spring...
get haZed' ...
and all other is weak hehe
M

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
hello haze lovers,

hello @JohnnyChicago -> i'll love you!

OHz S1 another one... this stuff is my holy grail...
smoking since 7 day's now only OHz S1 ...
have it all here... the best crosses ready cured...
but the early popcorn bud's from OHz S1 are absolute fire...
i'm sure my friends will confirm next week..
this is it... never had such potent weed with such amazing happy high by such long duration...
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

curious how OHz S1 v2 will be...
all i'll learned from v1 got put in v2...
soon is spring...
get haZed' ...
and all other is weak hehe
M

It's beautiful! Great job.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
rocket fuel

rocket fuel

hello,
well many thx @ all for comments and likes...
HI,MM what is smell and taste like ?
Do you have any Camphor,incense while burn ?
the smell is exactly = Aframomum melegueta (Amomum granum paradisi) pepper...
go get it.. it's not expensive... than you get the idea...
it's so complex i'll can not describe in english...
if you have Vicks VapoRub... than rub it on your body...
wait 5-10 min and than you have exactly the smell too...
only smell my wife likes ... all other she doesn't and make trouble when harvesting and the house smells like ... you name it :biggrin:
when burned one i'm not sure... there is this special smell haze have...
but o'm not good when smoked to tell whet smell it is..
so will ask my friends next time... and report...
well can't wait to plant the v2 of the OHz S1... rocket fuel
thx
M.:smoker:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
OHz S1 how...

OHz S1 how...

so this from a cross of two haze lines?
YES
the 90' OHz and the Seedsman...
after reading Sam's old articles over cannabis breeding
released in a magazin call "BLOTTER" hehe ...
those who had LSD experience know what blotter means... ;-)
the article is called "Sun, Soil, Seeds & Soul"
it's amazing what Sam did all know by that time about it...
and in this article i'll found what i'll was thinking .... to be true...
and i'll found also the solution for it there...
had to read all twice and analyze...
"if a strain loses vigor, backcross the inbreed strain with the original imported seed plant (male or female) there by increasing vigor and parental traits ... parental traits ... -> potency and vigor...
did that but little different...
selfed my best OHz 90'(3) and Seedsman OHz (2) and let than pollinate the same ....
now in v2 i'll took the best OHz 90' ...
picture.php

and pollinated my best cut's + the best Seedsman OHz and some others... hehe ... Iranian Auto, A5Hz, ACE Malawi...
v3 is in works too and is the opposite ... seeds are also nearly ready...
will find out what works best eg. potency, yield, time ...
that's why i'll keep all my haze cut's... until i'll know the outcome...
still have the best THH and all 24 OHz cut's ... and sooo happy about...
because now i'll see everywhere the outcome and that helps alot to do better and that the strategy was right... now it start to pay back...
and to me first aspect is the high... if the high has nothing but the plant looks stellar... i'll trash her... did that alot in the past... same goes to PM and other problems... was not easy in beginning... because seed cost money... but after some time and experience.. it becomes much easier...
and i'll don't have the time nor resources to do better or different...
it's still full illegal here... and also it's just for me... and that's why i'll don't care about flower time nor yield... i'll can grow big bud's ... and did so often... but what is mass with no effect... or boring effect... or half hour smile and than sleepy... no... landraces have it... most commercial have lost it... this magic in the high ... this bzzzt ... this budda like happiness without tired ... it was all there... but lost while breeding for commercial ... happy that i'll started smoking @ of 80' ...and that we where close to amsterdam... one of the best in begin 90' when we where often in A'Dam was Thai Stick... this special fermented weed... with this unique smell... and speedy euphoric high... we took it every time before concert in Paradiso or Melkweg...
happy that there are still breeders like ACE who keep this landraces and bring it to the people... SamS Durban Poison was killer in the 90' too...
not huge yield but amazing smell and high... later durban lost the magic... like all the good stuff... because... my theory:
they all lost the mothers where they made the seeds with...
with all those bust and concurrence in holland by that time...
i'm sure that there is no original mother... F2 and later...
and than makes Sam's theory about inbreeding and loosing vigor etc totally sense... to me the F1 is the real fun...
long text... da haze in da morning... ;-)
hope it helps to understand my motivation...
it's my hobby with no money involved ...
only the high counts. ;)
M.:smoker: