What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

elanius

Veteran
Hi Elanius,
With all due respect, I challenge you to find this quote.
Sometimes our memories replace what people actually said with an amalgam of other information/opinion. It happens to all of us.

Sam is naturally reluctant to give details on any of the work he provided to seedsman, as they rebrand what he sold them as their own, and he really has no idea what they do with his seeds after they leave his hands.
Quite simply, it doesn't sound like something he would say.

One thing Sam did say is that he had a particular breeding plant that he liked to use that was fasciated. This came up when Johnny found his own flat stem pheno in the large selection run. Sam was very surprised to see that pheno pop up, not sure but I think it was the first time he had seen it "in the wild".
Some might assume from that revelation that Sam used THAT specific pheno in a 1:1 mating for the batch of seed he sold to seedsman.
The numbers however don't support that conclusion as 1 or 2 out of 100 seeds run are not the kind of results you would expect to see from a 1 to 1 mating with a fasciated parent.

Hey Raho,

I understand you reasoning, but I think there are two things to consider. First, I dont think the fasciated plants are that rare to see. I had one fasciated plant from Johnny's seeds made from female that was not fasciated. Same with star crash who got 1 fasciated plant from just a few seeds and again those seeds didnt come from fasciated plant. MMac said he got fasciated female from 7 original seedsman seeds. And limeygreen found fasciated plant in his seedrun as well.

Second, fasciation may not show itself as we expect, I dont know how this genetic trait present itself in next generation, but it might be somehow recessive, for example, Johnny grew direct progeny from his fasciated female and found no fasciated plants at all.

Anyway, what I wrote is what I remember, but I will have to pass on that challenge as I dont see myself painfully re-reading threads looking for a needle in a haystack. I also agree with you, that memory can play tricks on us and in the end, you dont have to take my message for granted. But I can promise you, when I somehow stumble upon that information, I will post it here.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hi Elanius,
With all due respect, I challenge you to find this quote.
Sometimes our memories replace what people actually said with an amalgam of other information/opinion. It happens to all of us.

Sam is naturally reluctant to give details on any of the work he provided to seedsman, as they rebrand what he sold them as their own, and he really has no idea what they do with his seeds after they leave his hands.
Quite simply, it doesn't sound like something he would say.

One thing Sam did say is that he had a particular breeding plant that he liked to use that was fasciated. This came up when Johnny found his own flat stem pheno in the large selection run. Sam was very surprised to see that pheno pop up, not sure but I think it was the first time he had seen it "in the wild".
Some might assume from that revelation that Sam used THAT specific pheno in a 1:1 mating for the batch of seed he sold to seedsman.
The numbers however don't support that conclusion as 1 or 2 out of 100 seeds run are not the kind of results you would expect to see from a 1 to 1 mating with a fasciated parent.

Hey Raho,

Any link or which number post where syd showed that particular phenotype?

JohnnyChicago

Hey Raho,

I understand you reasoning, but I think there are two things to consider. First, I dont think the fasciated plants are that rare to see. I had one fasciated plant from Johnny's seeds made from female that was not fasciated. Same with star crash who got 1 fasciated plant from just a few seeds and again those seeds didnt come from fasciated plant. MMac said he got fasciated female from 7 original seedsman seeds. And limeygreen found fasciated plant in his seedrun as well.

Second, fasciation may not show itself as we expect, I dont know how this genetic trait present itself in next generation, but it might be somehow recessive, for example, Johnny grew direct progeny from his fasciated female and found no fasciated plants at all.

Hi Elanius,

I do know that Sams mother often had fasciation in her direct progeny. If it was 1:1 we would have seen more often fasciated plants in TFD and Seedsman. But the only ones I know of, did all come from my seed stash. And I have made the same observations you have done. Was surprised too. But it's the best lines ...

G

Taking her down in the weekend,very low temps are coming...

2UHlDZT.jpg
DkOSAYG.jpg
UIQ8zZK.jpg
3yDk69o.jpg
R4Bm6BV.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
Had one Hell of a time last night! The best is yet to come! Buy the ticket take the ride!

Thank you Sam the Skunkman
LT

MadMac

far beyond driven...
OHz S1

OHz S1

hello haze lovers,
well here some lower popcorn bud's i'll testing...
definitive better as the parents ...
this is the strongest clear haze blast i'll got until now...
damn potent... thinking about to let it test...
need another better grow to confirm...
never mind that it works...
it's sooo damn sticky ... and not much place left for resin...
also the stem's have it... @ end when all is gone...
you can still lick the stem and get high...
it's the best and most advanced high to me...
complex happiness.. full functional...
little racy early in da morning... like a good espresso ...
i'll love it...
S1 OHz 90' x Seedsman does the trick....
many thx @SamS for all the knowledge and info...
all right & true what you said..
can confirm now that .. with maybe little luck but passion...
it all worked out as you said... !!!
but see yourself ... you can see the potency
harvest was just right...
when they start in late flower to smell stronger...
it's just for 3-6 day's ...
most pure sativa have this... i'l found out over time...
it's perfect now... full up.. loud ring in ears...
music becomes 3 dimensional... you wanna do something...
very very happy & want to kiss the world...
little like MDMA... but better... electric magic...
love it ... and happy i'll have done it... reached the goal...
will grow this every year till end of life... i'm sure... this is it!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

@SamS thank you & we need another meet now...

and many thx to all the haze lovers!
that there is such interest over this long time...
but your all fine... it is the best... the queen !
and queens are never easy to tame...
M

harvestreaper

Veteran
oustanding as always mac,,, looks like jewellry,,,,the effect sounds very much like my early experiance with haze ad the effect i been chasing ever since ,,so this from a cross of two haze lines?

Raho

Veteran
I thought he said nevil only got clones....bit like a whole generation that think they have 5ac x ohz when they dont....oh well...important thing is alot of people get to try the ohz that haven't...its not been readily available for quite some time

He's just quoting Todd's sales page when he says this TDS
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...d[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]on't forget he got exact the same seeds from the 70s, Nevil did get from Sam."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Raho

Veteran
Hey Raho,

Anyway, what I wrote is what I remember, but I will have to pass on that challenge as I dont see myself painfully re-reading threads looking for a needle in a haystack. I also agree with you, that memory can play tricks on us and in the end, you dont have to take my message for granted. But I can promise you, when I somehow stumble upon that information, I will post it here.
LOL, yeah I know it would be a serious pain to try and find that. I appreciate the response.

It's even harder than usual to search for old Sam posts because much of what he shares are actually edits to other people's posts, so you won't find it if you search under his handle.

I just did an advanced search in the thread with "Sam fasciated" in the keyword box. Sam is a 3 letter word so that doesn't help, and the search results only show 5 lines of the post in the preview, so the chance of seeing Sam's comments without clicking in every post (11 pages worth) are almost zero.

OK, I found it :)
Searched on fasciated by:JohnnyChicago instead. It's all on page 142

How do I get a leaf to test the DNA of the fasciated stem plant? Get your post count to over 50 so I can PM you.
I bet the mother I used to make the seed was also fasciated, I like her and used her a lot. When a small clone she acts normal when over 3 feet tall she fasciates every time with the top of the central stalk. I have had her for over 20 years. Not many reported fasciated progeny.

-SamS

Sure sounds like he used A mother (1). Clearly he used THE mother.
At the same time, it doesn't sound like he remembers what he used at all.
I don't think he necessarily says what you remembered, but if you want to take it that way, I won't argue :tiphat:

Still, every example of fasciated seedsman oHaze plants you mentioned ultimately came from Johnny's selection, so you kind of made my point.

Johnny verified the ~1:50 appearance of that trait. Lots of people bought and grew that seedsman gear over the years, never seen pics from anyone else showing it. That said, there's a good chance that if they were finding fasciated phenos, they would not have kept them.

It's a big credit to Johnny that he saw past the negative attributes of those phenos and kept that flat stem girl, right? Not only that, but he told us about it, helping others with his seeds select the fire.

Hell man, most people up here throw out plants that start to fall behind in the SEEDLING stage, or otherwise don't please them, WAY before anyone could assess the most important qualities of a plant we grow for flowers. Before they even showed sex. I always have a hard time when I see that :-(

Happy Friday Elanius!

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
hello haze lovers,
well here some lower popcorn bud's i'll testing...
definitive better as the parents ...
this is the strongest clear haze blast i'll got until now...
damn potent... thinking about to let it test...
need another better grow to confirm...
never mind that it works...
it's sooo damn sticky ... and not much place left for resin...
also the stem's have it... @ end when all is gone...
you can still lick the stem and get high...
it's the best and most advanced high to me...
complex happiness.. full functional...
little racy early in da morning... like a good espresso ...
i'll love it...
S1 OHz 90' x Seedsman does the trick....
many thx @SamS for all the knowledge and info...
all right & true what you said..
can confirm now that .. with maybe little luck but passion...
it all worked out as you said... !!!
but see yourself ... you can see the potency
harvest was just right...
when they start in late flower to smell stronger...
it's just for 3-6 day's ...
most pure sativa have this... i'l found out over time...
it's perfect now... full up.. loud ring in ears...
music becomes 3 dimensional... you wanna do something...
very very happy & want to kiss the world...
little like MDMA... but better... electric magic...
love it ... and happy i'll have done it... reached the goal...
will grow this every year till end of life... i'm sure... this is it!
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

@SamS thank you & we need another meet now...

and many thx to all the haze lovers!
that there is such interest over this long time...
but your all fine... it is the best... the queen !
and queens are never easy to tame...
M

HI,MM what is smell and taste like ?
Do you have any Camphor,incense while burn ?

OldCoolSativa

Congrats on your achievement, MadMac. Without even smelling or tasting, those pics check a lot of my boxes - viney structure, extremely dense resin coverage, etc. How large are the calyxes and the seeds they produce?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, yeah I know it would be a serious pain to try and find that. I appreciate the response.

It's even harder than usual to search for old Sam posts because much of what he shares are actually edits to other people's posts, so you won't find it if you search under his handle.

I just did an advanced search in the thread with "Sam fasciated" in the keyword box. Sam is a 3 letter word so that doesn't help, and the search results only show 5 lines of the post in the preview, so the chance of seeing Sam's comments without clicking in every post (11 pages worth) are almost zero.

OK, I found it :)
Searched on fasciated by:JohnnyChicago instead. It's all on page 142

Sure sounds like he used A mother (1). Clearly he used THE mother.
At the same time, it doesn't sound like he remembers what he used at all.
I don't think he necessarily says what you remembered, but if you want to take it that way, I won't argue :tiphat:

Still, every example of fasciated seedsman oHaze plants you mentioned ultimately came from Johnny's selection, so you kind of made my point.

Johnny verified the ~1:50 appearance of that trait. Lots of people bought and grew that seedsman gear over the years, never seen pics from anyone else showing it. That said, there's a good chance that if they were finding fasciated phenos, they would not have kept them.

It's a big credit to Johnny that he saw past the negative attributes of those phenos and kept that flat stem girl, right? Not only that, but he told us about it, helping others with his seeds select the fire.

Hell man, most people up here throw out plants that start to fall behind in the SEEDLING stage, or otherwise don't please them, WAY before anyone could assess the most important qualities of a plant we grow for flowers. Before they even showed sex. I always have a hard time when I see that :-(

Happy Friday Elanius!
I’ve got this phenotype
picture.php
picture.php

OldCoolSativa

Sam a question...you know when they start throwing stringy like that...thats from inbreeding right ?

I'd say the opposite, actually. That viny bud structure is feral, and was selected against by outdoor sativa growers in the 1970s and 1980s due to the low yields it could produce. In my opinion, it's also a signature characteristic of truly special sativas.

I'd also be interested to hear what Sam thinks about this.