What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

lLucky

Using pure water for the flush like reverse osmosis is extremely important as well, if you're using anything else you're gonna get a lot of shit in the buds that you don't want to smoke, I'm on a well water system and the amount of brown crap my filter system collects is crazy.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think it totally depending on selection. Some strains have something about them that makes them better sooner. And some have something about them that improves with time. Maybe it's related to clorophyll breaking down. I do not actually know. And most modern strain actually do seem better sooner. But not everything. Maybe some less desirable terpenes degrade allowing better ones to become dominant. Again. I do not know. But I do believe it is real.

Cvh

Supermod
Mel Frank recently posted this picture.

This is Original Haze growing in Sam The Skunkman his greenhouse taken in 1979 Santa Cruz CA.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-22-23-47-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-22-23-47-15.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 28

harvestreaper

Veteran
1 year cured haze hybrid
picture.php

cured buds always smoother ,,cant say ive noticed an increase in potency altho some sats seem a lil crazy/aggressive til they had a few weeks cure ,,that to could be classed as smoother

mr.brunch

Veteran
One day I will try long-curing a few buds.... the amount I grow, I don’t get a chance to leave it much past 2/3 weeks before cracking it open.
Maybe if I get a decent outdoor plant or three next year.....

soopy

Veteran
Have Lemon Thai for 2 years now in cure.

Which Lemon Thai line would that be? I’ve been growing the Dutch Flowers Lemon Thai for a few years now....it definitely has a longer shelf life than say, an OG/Kush....I find those kind of cultivars are “best” “fresh of the vine”...but there are some cultivars that benefit the user with a longer cure, that’s for sure. The DF Lemon Thai that I have is much more on the indica side, as opposed to the Sativa side of the line. I’d expect a longer “shelf life/cure benefit” from the Sativa side from what I’ve read and experienced.

I guess it all depends on the preference of the user/storer.

Best vibes and wishes to you @mexcurandero.....happy holidays and a better new year.

Last edited:

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
my keeper cut of Double Jam* doesn't begin to
deliver the super clean, super clear, electric happy
until around 10wks of curing...

...you may get some "happy" beforehand,
but not the electric, or super clean.

my hippy heart goes out to those who haven't experienced the
clean and exotic effects of the long-flowering (near) pure sativas.

*Jamaican blue mountain x Jam lambsbread

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Hy Sam, I have question for you.

In book by Michael Backes he say that Hazes are realted to Hemp strains.

I found very Hazy/skunk pheno in Italian Carmagnola variety Feminised.

What is relation between European Hemp and Haze hybrids.

If i compare this they smell,look and taste prety close to Thai/hazes lemony spicy ginger.

Here are pictures Carmagnola cured

Maybe you need to ask Michael? I do not really agree.
-SamS

picture.php

Here is Amnesia Haze soma very Hazy pheno.

picture.php

They look,smell and taste like they are sisters plants just difference to them is high and no high.

Only realtion to them is i found that in Old Miss Univer. they breed Panamian,Thai Caribean with hemp from Europe.
Is it this or this old Italian hemp is being breed before senctuaries with Thai genetics.
But that last theory is very hard to belive cuz thai strains are high thc,and today hemp is no thc without hard scientific work they will never be below 0.3 if they start with high thc plants.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
OK,thx for answer his book is written with R.C.C..& SamS. so I think that you know something more about this topic.
Maybe they are all Cannabis so thats why they look related. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts