What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bigherb

Veteran
..the FLAVOR i perceive is most unique. So spicey, very similar to cedarwood or sandlewood incense. And heres the thing. Smoke out a room it does not smell like weed AT ALL. Just Haze. If you didnt know the distinct smell, you definitely wouldn't know it was cannabis being burnt.
The bag smell unburnt remained so similar to when its burnt.
Very unique, what they were calling haze in NY anyway.

yess this is the only haze us nyers kno

wen i went to adam thats wat i said they call this haze LMAO

sounds like frankies
soo youve met frank it seems
im glad you got too hav the experience

500 is abit extra but if its frank its well worth it like jk said bout bubba get it at any cost

also some fresh haze bush from the man who ALWAYS had this shit on hand...bless his rich sole ; )

soo wats that pic you got of the chopped plant ?

are you sayin that this is a cut of our uptowns

1luvbigherb

C

CannaCompulsory

huh?

huh?

yess this is the only haze us nyers kno

wen i went to adam thats wat i said they call this haze LMAO

sounds like frankies
soo youve met frank it seems
im glad you got too hav the experience

500 is abit extra but if its frank its well worth it like jk said bout bubba get it at any cost

soo wats that pic you got of the chopped plant ?

are you sayin that this is a cut of our uptowns

1luvbigherb

yea mon, thats the fresh haze bush chopped.
...a cut of your uptowns? I dont think im saying that, i dont even know what you mean...those are from bucktown done!

so the people in a-dam said thats what they call haze or you call it frankies, im a little confused, please forgive me, im under medicated:wallbash:

bigherb

Veteran
i want to kno if you hav a cut of the nyc haze you describe above ?

the incense description is the haze we grew up on i dont kno of any other
if it anint church it anint fire

frankies aka the best nyc haze aka the father =frankincense spicy catpiss

def confused
i was sayin how diff adam haze is compared to wat i kno /grew up on as being haze
flav quality just comletely diff soo i was surprised an as you said ,ive also said b4 that this is wat they call haze joke but not a joke lol

it sounded like this was ur first experience wit our uppies n it seems you had a top notch batch

if your friend has this cut you described id really lov to kno

1luvbigherb

C

CannaCompulsory

o i c

o i c

i want to kno if you hav a cut of the nyc haze you describe above ?

the incense description is the haze we grew up on i dont kno of any other
if it anint church it anint fire

frankies aka the best nyc haze aka the father =frankincense spicy catpiss

def confused
i was sayin how diff adam haze is compared to wat i kno /grew up on as being haze
flav quality just comletely diff soo i was surprised an as you said ,ive also said b4 that this is wat they call haze joke but not a joke lol

it sounded like this was ur first experience wit our uppies n it seems you had a top notch batch

if your friend has this cut you described id really lov to kno

1luvbigherb

I got you now BH. Not my first experience with "Hazel", I guess I've been lucky enough to be smokin the frankie bones...been available to me since mid 90's when I met these cats in nyc. They also grew JH, and that was some real unique flavor also, like spicey sweet/sour perfume, kinda like mani, maybe slightly more powerful stone also.
I never got a fresh cut cause it just wasnt something i was into. Seed if anything, that might be possible...but you know those heads, not the friendliest, mad p-noid...peeps I knew anyway...they were pretty fukin tight when I brought the cam over one night, so I doubt I could walk out with a clone, if thats whatcha mean...
... I smell the "franks" just through the bag and my mouth waters, only kind that did that to me, sad I guess
1!:joint:

C

CannaCompulsory

def confused

1luvbigherb

So did you ever come across any breed in the dam or elsewhere that was the same as NYC haze taste but a diff name or somethin?
I was told that seedsman original haze is very similar to what I describe as my fav haze.

happyhi

Great thread guys.

You've inspired me to germ the last 6 OH seeds I had.I tried them once before but they didn't turn out so good.These things are beasts indoors and the take about 8 weeks to even show sex.

The last time i grew them when I topped them the sap that came out looked just like blood,it will be interesting to see if it repeats.

Hey Sam,I think I've uncovered your top secret program-CODE NAME:
INJECT-A-SKUNK

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82716&page=1

JLP

Greetings to all haze fanatics,

The photo above of the blood red sap is EXACTLY what my plants used
to do back in the 70's when i grew it. Just an FYI for the community.
peace/hh

bigherb

Veteran
first off pm me wen you can

So did you ever come across any breed in the dam or elsewhere that was the same as NYC haze taste but a diff name or somethin?
I was told that seedsman original haze is very similar to what I describe as my fav haze.

aside from g13 haze cc winner wit slight resemblence n hashplanthaze via GH but not in their vault nahhh nothin in the dam that was really incense type at all forget about church

yess ive heard of tfd o.haze rotterdam o.haze hazebroshaze to all hav incense traits particualy frankincense but only a handful or 2 reported n sams has not commented on this trait in o.haze

1luvbigherb

I

Irie Jack

Does anyone have any pics or detailed info on the plant structure of the original Haze Bros haze plants.

BloodyTreez

Greetings to all haze fanatics,

The photo above of the blood red sap is EXACTLY what my plants used
to do back in the 70's when i grew it. Just an FYI for the community.
peace/hh

My plants today Blueberryhaze when topped gives me either red orangish or goldish sap, I need to take some pics. :eggnog:

bigherb

Veteran
SAMS

been a while hope all is well

im still on da haze craze

star crash,
Looks much more like a pure Haze then NH or SSH. Don't know what the taste or high is like...
-SamS

im a bit surprised to come across the post ,im interested to kno if you can explain which representation of pure haze were you referring too

as i understand tfd ohaze n tom hill haze are the closest known representation of your haze this pic looks far from the typical thin wispy foxtail

im also interested in your thoughts on the a5 c5 soo on as you were the first one known to have brought the legend across the pond,these reported pure haze apg smcg hp g13 so on hazehybrids which have been posted from several people in holland

as these looks like the kiwi haze you reference n are similar lookin to oaxcan which is similar to our uptowns

as happy hi has brought to my attention ohaze was not one line

you hav given me info on som lineage n aromas ,and havnt commented on the incense trait which appears in your thunk n titans haze tfd ohaze

im interested to know all of your thoughts on incense trait in haze

rotterdam haze is reported to be frankincense

Hello the haze bro's or pure haze is a tall lanky pure sativa it has huge spaces between the internodes and stretches in a huge way .
No I do not know the haze bro's this strain was given to me by a old timer in Rotterdam that owns a greenhouse who has maintained it for many years since the mid 80's .
The smell is pretty much like cats piss and sandle wood .
The strain has never been hybridized and really still has lots of vigor for being so inbred I really don't know many generations it was inbred in holland .
RM

im interested in getting one of your CC selection which would you suggest?

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
hazeX nl#1 88

HAZE X NL#5
Northern Lights #5 x Haze won awards for Sensi in the 1990

When I came to Holland in 1990 with my seed stock I linked up with Nevil
i apoligize i didnt realize this was quoted from the article

soo how is this possible you gave them stock in 90 ,this would change things alot

our nyc haze is highly unlikely any gh/mns haze ,its reported to hav been around since 92

soo it could be from haze bros haze stock ?

or it could be a pure sativa n not a haze ?

but the incense/frankincense catpiss traits r soo very on point wit ohaze/haze bros haze

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
our nyc haze is highly unlikely any gh/mns haze ,its reported to hav been around since 92

or it could be a pure sativa n not a haze ?
1luvbigherb

That right there might be the case. Might just be some totally "FIRE" sativa that is unrelated to Haze of any kind. Unique in its own right.

bigherb

Veteran
That right there might be the case. Might just be some totally "FIRE" sativa that is unrelated to Haze of any kind. Unique in its own right

soo please explain were this idea of incense/frankincense catpiss as a haze trait why does it seem frankincense is the description of our legends such as rotterdam cut tfd ohaze neville haze ,then the hybrids again nev titans haze tfd sams thunk sams haze x skunk

wats ur thoughts on frankincense relation to haze trait in haze as you hav a haze strain wit incense trait ?

after my experience mns neville haze ,skunk haze,dubi kali china ,i can say their is a familar incense smell/taste from all three similar/reminescent of our uptowns

im tryin to tie the incense trait in you n sams seem to be the only members that recall the experience ,so which representation has influenced the incense trait

sams haze n hybrids hav been known to hav incense traits ,im sure he knows this but he hasnt spoke of the incense trait in his line or period

wether nevilles line is diff or not their is a connection wit frankincense as a trait

but im tellin you that the noreaster nev is the closest thing ive smoked to uptown haze ,i havnt tasted anything close to neville haze in amsterdam or anything close to incense

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That right there might be the case. Might just be some totally "FIRE" sativa that is unrelated to Haze of any kind. Unique in its own right

soo please explain were this idea of incense/frankincense catpiss as a haze trait why does it seem frankincense is the description of our legends such as rotterdam cut tfd ohaze neville haze ,then the hybrids again nev titans haze tfd sams thunk sams haze x skunk

wats ur thoughts on frankincense relation to haze trait in haze as you hav a haze strain wit incense trait ?

after my experience mns neville haze ,skunk haze,dubi kali china ,i can say their is a familar incense smell/taste from all three similar/reminescent of our uptowns

im tryin to tie the incense trait in you n sams seem to be the only members that recall the experience ,so which representation has influenced the incense trait

sams haze n hybrids hav been known to hav incense traits ,im sure he knows this but he hasnt spoke of the incense trait in his line or period

wether nevilles line is diff or not their is a connection wit frankincense as a trait

but im tellin you that the noreaster nev is the closest thing ive smoked to uptown haze ,i havnt tasted anything close to neville haze in amsterdam or anything close to incense

1luvbigherb

Why don´t you use the "quote" feature???
...or at least,use the " sign
it makes it easier to read and understand :)

"That right there might be the case. Might just be some totally "FIRE" sativa that is unrelated to Haze of any kind. Unique in its own right"

"after my experience mns neville haze ,skunk haze,dubi kali china ,i can say their is a familar incense smell/taste from all three similar/reminescent of our uptowns"

:D

botafumeiro2.jpg

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran

1luvbigherb

I am so very new to growing and working with the HAZE that I was gifted that I am not sure where the Incense smell/trait comes from.

I wish I could tell you. And I wish you could smell my plants and judge for yourself if it is the scent of which your describing.

I just know that all of the plants have this scent. It is the most wonderful smell.

I am drying out the beans from the last backcross and they will be going to seedbay to be auctioned to help the Server Fund. Maybe you will bid on and get them and then you can see if is the same HAZE smell/scent.

I also hit the last eight buds on my favorite little female with some Hindu Kush pollen and I am hoping that she also passes her smell on to the offspring of which will come from that pairing.

I truly hope that you find all of your answers Bigherb.

bigherb

Veteran
HH

I truly hope that you find all of your answers Bigherb.[/QUOTE]

im hopful sams can shed som light ,but i think info is very limited on the ohaze

im surprised no thoughts really

raco

i was also hopin you would contribute any thoughts ?

as its seems ot is the only other haze line thats known for incense traits

it seems the ace family n spanish community are quite familar wit botafumeiro

1luvbigherb

I have experienced that haze incense smell. I live close enough to NYC to get some NYC haze once in a while. Sometimes the dudes call it super silver haze, silver haze, or just haze but it always has that same smell. Smells nothing like skunk, and when smoked in a blunt, bowl, joint, or whatever the room has that delightful incense smell that doesn't smell like typical pot. Bud structure is usually kinda stringy/whispy sometimes with tiny thin leaves still attached. Not the frostiest nug but has small and plentiful trichs. Have gotten various varieties of the haze, that non-skunk incense smell is the common denominator with the taste and high being all over the place. I had one that was frosty as hell, tingled the palate when smoked, a little citrusy as well, and had a blast-off body and head buzz (like being in an accelerating vehicle) until it peaked 20-30min after smoking, accompanied by mad paranoia and increased sensitivity to light/sound/touch, that would last like 4 hours. Kind of a scary smoke. Another had a smoother type of up high with visual effects, giddy, easy-to-laugh, more of a metallic taste added to the haze character. Im assuming these were just different haze crosses, or maybe specimens grown in different ways.
My friend's been getting Sour D, it has a very pervasive skunky smell, kinda citrusy, decent taste, burns kinda quick, has a strong persistent head stone/debilitating head effect that makes my teeth sensitive- overly strong 1-2 hits will do it for the first smoke of the day. I would take the haze over sour d any day, while my buddy would disagree 100% says hes been smoking haze for the past 20 years and its like dirt to him now. YMMV

C

CannaCompulsory

haze, haze, AND MORE HAZE!

haze, haze, AND MORE HAZE!

known for incense traits

it seems the ace family n spanish community are quite familar wit botafumeiro

1luvbigherb

ahh yes more haze tizalk. I can go for it, i love the stuff.
BH, now come to think about it, i asked for "haze" from to entirely different sources in NY and they both came through with the SAME tasting stuff.
I had at least 4 different sources for it in NY. Never did I ask for haze and be like"this aint haze"...sure some would be stronger or more dence, but all same taste, same basic brownish color.
so maybe this trait is more common than we think in the haze line in general?
Also, like everybodies taste buds are different, maybe we just perceive that incense taste more strongly than others?
Some funny haze obsessive observations: regular Lever 2000 soap has a fragrance that sort of reminds me of the hazels...when I would smoke a lot of the haze, my flem tasted like the spicy goodness when I caughed EEEEWWW...no wait... mmmmmmm : ):smokeit:

bigherb

Veteran
CC

glad to hear your experiences

i feel ya brotha ,as for taste n description i always felt that there was not any details or even acceptable descriptions b4 i dropped a post ,till now only a few

but i believe that all our palates r diff as for sensivity , education ,experiencing and the fact that i very much enjoy eating n cooking my palate is a bit more knowledgeable then most

Lever 2000 soap has a fragrance that sort of reminds me of the hazels...

ive got a kali china that is soapy perfume incense that is reminscent of lever 2000

but that fresh pepper cleaner id say is nlhaze we somtimes see

id really love for sams too speak on the incense trait

ur post is appreciated our nyc haze is why i started this thread

1luvbigherb