No announcement yet.

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And also, the haze story begins long before Neville and long before Sam...and long before the Haze bro's as far as I know..and long before the '69 columbian gold..to throw a spanner in the works. As far as I know the half a century or more, prior to that the best varietals that they could find around the world, search done by botanists etc. associated with US governments and pharmaceutical companies like for example el lilly etc. and got taken to Columbian mountains to grow out and breed and experiment and the indicas basically got selected against with the misty tropical mountain environmental conditions that are always humid, and the thai and asian and african and other sativas just all interbred and with the agricultural research station being shuttered around the time of the second world war, the hippies discovered the naturalized descendants growing 20 years later in the Columbian highlands and shipped some back the Santa Cruz and the rest is history.. that is the back story to the parent genetics of the haze ancestors as far as I know. I cannot find references looking now but I've read the story a few times over the years, I'll keep an eye out for it..

Comment

Finding the truth about o.haze here is like finding the truth about Jesus in the bible, the same story rewritten a million times .....
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135579

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquilidade View Post

Eventually you will feel nostalgia for nostalgia.
        few shops...no clubs.clones like gold and many,many thoughts along.
        unbeliveble what has become in just ten years down here
        Southern Europe

Comment

Originally posted by willydread View Post
          Finding the truth about o.haze here is like finding the truth about Jesus in the bible, the same story rewritten a million times .....
          Pre 1920's=old testament, modern times=New.
          Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

hello,
            just got some exiting images from my friend in GB...
            it's the first time i'll see my last OHz work...
            it's a R4 OHz... (best four OHz girls x best four OHz girls reversed)
            two plants... booth looking similar ...
            very good frost for outdoors in cold summer 2021 in GB...
            it's done by light dep. ... carry in& out every day... 120 day's ...
            a huge huge respect to the grower... perfect grow OHz... in a small 10 liter pot ...
            can you imagine... this plant in a proper climate outdoors... or greenhouse... duhhh...
            think this is how it was looking back in da day's in 1976'

Sam_Skunkman ... many thx for the how too...
            see ...it worked out very well :-)

vigor & yield is back...
            it's the Seedsman x 90 OHz or via versa... 3 90' OHz and 1 Seedsman girl

OHz R4 V2 #1
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE 2021-09-02 19:26:09.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	17933398
            detail

Name:	IMAGE 2021-09-02 19:26:05.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	17933400

OHz R4 V2 #2

Name:	IMAGE 2021-09-02 19:25:51.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	17933399

detail

Name:	IMAGE 2021-09-02 19:26:14.jpg
Views:	1119
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	17933401

get hazed
            M.
            life is what you make it!
            if you can read this... then your Screen is to bright or you got it!
            it's you... carpe diem

Comment

so what was the secret how you got the vigor back? This should be same lineage in the 1990 x SeedamnOHZ, right?

Does selecting into two directions and recombinyng introduce vigr?

Comment

Originally posted by romanoweed View Post
                so what was the secret how you got the vigor back? This should be same lineage in the 1990 x SeedamnOHZ, right?

if strain loses vigor, backcross the inbred strain with the original ....
                article in Blotter.... by Sam_Skunkman call "Sun, Soil, Seeds and Soul"

Name:	Imported 9.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	17933520
                and yes he told me too when i'll was there ...
                saw that it worked also with other strain... if you have the F1 or F2 and a fucked up F4... for example...
                Tom Hill did the same with his haze line... use proved pollen from earlier generations to pollinate the best later generations...
                i'll see it too now... a improvement... older haze line x newer haze line ... i'm sure there are some generations difference...
                in this case i'll did it in one step with reversing...
                still learning but see now how it all works...
                there is so much more... those reversed male x male for example...
                did it with my best resinous OHz male... seeds soon dry enough... to start the adventure...
                haZe LoVe
                M.

it's you... carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by romanoweed View Post

Its an attempt at maintaining.....but with a hybrid matching the original f1 combination and the magic that happens at that point isnt easily replicated ...

Comment

Ohaze x Ohaze bag seed (Seedsman) Click image for larger version  Name:	5C764C06-10BD-4A36-8C83-E9CCE5120631.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	193.5 KB ID:	17933670Click image for larger version  Name:	F6FE3491-D3CF-4A27-BBA0-84D40DCD6F25.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	208.2 KB ID:	17933672Click image for larger version  Name:	8AD01A9B-F8E2-4A38-AD5F-A84BB838202D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	17933673Click image for larger version  Name:	52642FDB-A691-445E-9569-9ED634C3301E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	199.7 KB ID:	17933675

Comment

Originally posted by maryjaneismyfre View Post
                      And also, the haze story begins long before Neville and long before Sam...and long before the Haze bro's as far as I know..and long before the '69 columbian gold..to throw a spanner in the works. As far as I know the half a century or more, prior to that the best varietals that they could find around the world, search done by botanists etc. associated with US governments and pharmaceutical companies like for example el lilly etc. and got taken to Columbian mountains to grow out and breed and experiment and the indicas basically got selected against with the misty tropical mountain environmental conditions that are always humid, and the thai and asian and african and other sativas just all interbred and with the agricultural research station being shuttered around the time of the second world war, the hippies discovered the naturalized descendants growing 20 years later in the Columbian highlands and shipped some back the Santa Cruz and the rest is history.. that is the back story to the parent genetics of the haze ancestors as far as I know. I cannot find references looking now but I've read the story a few times over the years, I'll keep an eye out for it..
                      I remember that story.
                      LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post

I remember that story.
                        I have looked and looked for that story online but cannot find it..I think it was referenced in a past thread on the mag as well? I do wonder if phylos has done stuff on landrace colombians and seen any thai or african ancestory to that, and then the indian and eastern influences also in african weed are well studied..

So it is all an incestuous genepool in the end, but pretty much all amazing stuff till today being a mix of stuff that got taken to every corner of the globe through thousands of years of trade and use, recreationally and industrially, though most movement in the last few hundred years as technology allowed it, and all that stuff acclimatized to which ever respective corner it found itself in and selected for its preferred traits and flavors and also which terpenes conveyed disease resistance or attracted pollinators. And pretty much every winner today can be traced to a handful of stuff in its ancestry that resulted from the first few generations of this mixing and hybridizing, along with other stuff being introduced from the lands in between.. And here we sit here now and wonder and debate as to how we got here...its quite a fascinating ride we and dope have been on together! I'm glad to have been a part of the journey!

I remember discussions here on the mag where people were asking, does your weed actually smell like the name descriptions, theirs always just tasting like weed, and I remember replying that I've smoked weed that tasted like pure blueberries muffins, cherries, grapes, guavas, strawberries, lemons, banana, pink bubblegum etc etc..just like the name described or not and remember people replying in disbelief...and now you can go online and buy a thousand varieties of banana strawberry guava lemon blueberry bubblegum etc, whatever your heart desires..Its been quite a ride..but still the hazes won't leave us be...purple haze gone in my brain...there is nothing like that pale loudly aromatic unsuspecting looking fluffy stringy sativa twho's smoke absolutely blows your head off, cuts through anything else you've had for the day and tastes like your words fail to describe..and does not let up for the rest of the afternoon until you go nap it off and wake up hungover dry mouth and with a raging appetite..Just like weed used to do to you back in the day..
                        Last edited by maryjaneismyfre; 09-04-2021, 23:13.

Comment

@maryjaneismyfre i'll had a purple haze like you describe....
                          it's haze19 x O.Haze (TFD first edition made by Sam)... haze19 was a cut...
                          still have seeds... but the long flower time... eg 160 day's + the low yield makes it hard to grow...
                          here some images...

haze19 x O.Haze

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	17934683Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3890.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	17934684Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	17934685Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3947.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	17934686Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3985.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	17934687Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3998.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	17934688Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4002.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	17934689Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4004.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	17934690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4118.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	17934691

background Zamal, African Mulanje Gold... forgound haze19 x O.Haze

Name:	IMG_4124.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	17934692
                          cure

Name:	IMG_4437.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	17934694 d lower bud...

Name:	IMG_4438.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	17934693

get haZed'
                          M.
                          it's you... carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by MadMac View Post
                            @maryjaneismyfre i'll had a purple haze like you describe....
                            it's haze19 x O.Haze (TFD first edition made by Sam)... haze19 was a cut...
                            still have seeds... but the long flower time... eg 160 day's + the low yield makes it hard to grow...
                            here some images...

haze19 x O.Haze

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	17934683Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3890.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	17934684Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	17934685Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3947.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	17934686Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3985.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	17934687Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3998.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	17934688Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4002.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	17934689Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4004.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	17934690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4118.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	17934691

background Zamal, African Mulanje Gold... forgound haze19 x O.Haze

Name:	IMG_4124.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	17934692
                            cure

Name:	IMG_4437.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	17934694 d lower bud...

Name:	IMG_4438.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	17934693

get haZed'
                            M.
                            Mac, you intentions of making reproduction those , especially Haze 19 x O. Haze to a less degree Mulanje Gold !?

Haze 19 x O.Haze buds (as you low yielding) stingily .
                            How is the smoke ?

Comment

I’m listening to an Octopus’s Garden right now. Fits your garden perfectly mac

https://youtu.be/De1LCQvbqV4

Comment

MadMac, your garbage is gold here, it shows how different is breeder thinking according to environments

Seedsman Original Haze from pack girl 1, she reminds me on looks your Haze19 x TFD Ohz
                                She was the longest flowering one, she finnished in july which would be january in northen hemisphere
                                Over 3 meters tall in 20 liter pot, I am very happy with my 40 grams yield, not that bad, it is grown for myself, not for profit
                                Even if high is washed down from what it was the parent plants from the 70s-80s, it still delivers some of the best highs available today

Name:	Smoh 1.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	17934814Click image for larger version

Name:	smoh 1 (2).jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	17934815

Comment

Working...
                                X