What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Owl Mirror

Veteran
comin' from Santa Cruz county I can personally say that the surf crowd had a great influence when it came to importing landrace lines......knew a few brahs in the 70's that were paid to travel to exotic spots around the globe and surf..... they brought back many lines of the best LR's ever...waaay before they became adulterated by hybrid garbage.....
not that this is the truth behind the Haze story, but adding to......

ganj on..............

That's interesting, I thought all those landrace strains were being brought back by military personnel. People actually get paid real money to surf ?

Owl Mirror

Veteran

Attachments

• Cosmic Boogie.jpg
    Cosmic Boogie.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 28

Twoshot

Thanks - unfortunately I don't think it's the right poster?

Sorry to interrupt your talk, though...
Someone earlier wrote about a poster called, Original Haze, Cosmic Boogie. I've seen the text somewhere, but never the poster - does anyone here know about it, and know where to get a look at it - somewhere on the internet? Would appreciate a link or something. Such a shame to hide it for the this and the next generation...:violin:

bigherb

Veteran
Someone earlier wrote about a poster called, Original Haze, Cosmic Boogie.

happyhi o.haze thread

Hi bigherb, while I do not know, as you have described above, the story about a magical seed given to a Haze Brother by a surfer dude on the beach just doesn't ring true.

to me either ca its
fabel folklore fairy tale

I guess the reason I ask this question is because if the truth were revealed, others might stumble upon their own creations of new HAZE-like strains.

great mindset this we should all do crossi pure sativas will result in amazin hybrids not unlike haze

If it were known that the Haze were a concoction between four different landrace strains, others could attempt to do their own breeding experiments.

to som degree
it has been known for a long time probably more soo back wen their was a bit more info online of old sites
but she is often inmitated n neva duplicated
i honestly think its not possible to recreate or just highly unlikely those times were golden age of cannabis they had the best from the sweet spots all over the world n selected threw thousands outdoors/greenhouses unlike today the quality of the imports back then for the most part cannot be found today

1luvbigherb

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Someone earlier wrote about a poster called, Original Haze, Cosmic Boogie.

happyhi o.haze thread

Hi bigherb, while I do not know, as you have described above, the story about a magical seed given to a Haze Brother by a surfer dude on the beach just doesn't ring true.

to me either ca its
fabel folklore fairy tale

I guess the reason I ask this question is because if the truth were revealed, others might stumble upon their own creations of new HAZE-like strains.

great mindset this we should all do crossi pure sativas will result in amazin hybrids not unlike haze

If it were known that the Haze were a concoction between four different landrace strains, others could attempt to do their own breeding experiments.

to som degree
it has been known for a long time probably more soo back wen their was a bit more info online of old sites
but she is often inmitated n neva duplicated
i honestly think its not possible to recreate or just highly unlikely those times were golden age of cannabis they had the best from the sweet spots all over the world n selected threw thousands outdoors/greenhouses unlike today the quality of the imports back then for the most part cannot be found today

1luvbigherb

Thanks Herb !

Twoshot

I were taking my small O haze´s (1 week) to the flower-room: 150 HPS Son Plus. They didn´t like it! they looked sick, even in the corner of my growroom, suffering heat and light. All my other hybrids have no poblems. So I took them out and they are in my window doing fine! But they have to go back in a week or two. What to do? (Multi strain grow) I hope they will do better, now a little older...

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
hell yeah they were paid to surf.....Surfer and Surfing mag's in the 70's.....commonplace to get great pics of local names on big sticks gettin' it.............and i personally enjoyed much of what they brought back.......

once again I wouldn't say this has anything to do with the Haze story....Sam would know best.....

ganj on............

gkn

here is an article posted by four seasons, from an old High Times magazine -from the 70's i think- where 'R' interviews the Haze bros, and one of them tells this story about the surfer bringing the seed, but he takes it further, a bit fantastic...
Maybe the third Haze brother in the interview was Sam?
I've read that the BOEL brought back Sri Lankan weed wich they found to be the best they tried by far, and someone speculated it might be in the genetic makeup of Haze, but its just a speculation.
here's the article...

Attachments

• user65088_pic191429_1255282117.jpg
    user65088_pic191429_1255282117.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 32
A

arvid b

Didn't Sam say that Sri Lankan weed was a disappointment and the sadhus there wanted some of his stash from the mainland?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Think it was the Kerela was considered by many as the best sensi at the time. Not by all though, a lot love Thai.

JWP

I have been through this thread from start to finnish at least five times and i still have the same great feeling each time.

I never felt worthy to post in it before but i must say thank you to all that have contributed.

To me its one of the most influential reads anywhere and i highly recomend it to all, especially anyone who is wanting to breed cannabis or think that they will breed cannabis at any stage in their time.

:respect: to all that have come before me

terrapin777

You can have people tell you its LSD marijuana all you want, but if that was the truth and the Original Haze was that good it would be grown more frequently then the various Kush lines on the boards.

I remain unconvinced the Original Haze is as good as many say it is. Where are the grow reports? The numerous first hand accounts of the dutchmens genetics?

No disrespect to anybody, but you have to stop and think sometimes.

The only reason why YOU don't see the hazes that legends are made of is because they are not commercially viable and therefore not widely circulated. if you want real haze go to NYC. its the only cannabis market where people will pay serious money for insane quality to compensate a grower for growing strains like these when they could be easily making four times that growing short period kushes and heavyproducing indicas

H

Hillbilly Wayne

i have read this whole thread a few times
and i cant believe some of these fools:noway:

i want something special in my garden next rip
so i'm going with a pack of each of Sams Cultivators Choice crosses

i dont see the point of gambling with the dutchmen and doing extra work
when Sam did it for us, as he always has from the beginning

i cant wait for my first hazy garden:abduct:

WokkaWokka!

You old timers are making me restless, and jonesing for haze. I invested like a year and a half including one scrapped indoor run on a neville's x super silver hybrid and finally am tasting the fruits of my labor harvested outdoors in cali but far from surf. Nothing like it. Effing unbelievable smells, so exotic and yet so frosty and great structure but the more neville's leaning ones are the best. Instant vision change and euphoria from the first toke and I smoke hardcore, 4 years in the trenches of humboldt. My computer screen looks like it does on acid like I can see all the layers of the display. Go haze.

Attachments

• Imagen 031
    Imagen 031
    93.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Nov15_haze (10).jpg
    Nov15_haze (10).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
C

CannaCompulsory

this stuff taste like sandlewood/ belated smoke report

this stuff taste like sandlewood/ belated smoke report

go to NYC. its the only cannabis market where people will pay serious money for insane quality to compensate a grower for growing strains like these when they could be easily making four times that growing short period kushes and heavyproducing indicas

Wordup t777. There is lots there. From what Ive seen its all very similar from LI to Manhattan. USUALLY not very dence buds, more brownish in color than green.

..the FLAVOR i perceive is most unique. So spicey, very similar to cedarwood or sandlewood incense. And heres the thing. Smoke out a room it does not smell like weed AT ALL. Just Haze. If you didnt know the distinct smell, you definitely wouldn't know it was cannabis being burnt.
The bag smell unburnt remained so similar to when its burnt.
Very unique, what they were calling haze in NY anyway.
I was so enamored with this stuff, I used to study it before puffing...here is acloseup I took of the nug last year, last time I had some, also some fresh haze bush from the man who ALWAYS had this shit on hand...bless his rich sole ; )
Oh and it was never cheaper than $500 an oz. Well worth it, cause ya didnt smoke as much as you would with lesser grades.

attachment.php

[FONT=&quot]
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

[/FONT]

Attachments

• oghc1.jpg
    oghc1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 21
  • oghc2.jpg
    oghc2.jpg