What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

D

d-storecowboy

I wouldn't say easier, I would say more feasable if you don't live in a warm all year climate. They are not easy, that's for sure.

F

FooMafia

Well i live down south where it is humid during spring to summer.
i was also thinking about using fox farm ocean forest soil with biobizz nutes.
im gonna buy a 400w MH and use it with the 600w HPS, will this be enough for an indoor haze grow?
i was looking forward to growing haze hydro bcuz outdoor i go through a lot of sh*t with bugs, but growing in soil wont hurt.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
O.Haze male. 5 weeks old. 2 weeks veg. Showed sex after 2 weeks 12/12. 1 week later it looks like it's building a surprisingly dense male flower cluster. 22" high.
Smells like green pepper.
picture.php

Not sure what to make of it.

use it to breed...impregnate some ladies...man that's what i am looking for just one male...

peace
Chefboy

The first qualities of the skunk is : sugar sweet ; up high and big yield with short flowering time...

not extremely potent but so goood !

skunk is an awesome strains so good... and so cheap !

That perfectly describes the "Skunk" that I bought from a cali club near Long Beach a week ago. It's good to know that I got the real thing.

Damn Sam, I never realized that so many strains that I have enjoyed at Cali pot clubs over the last few years were originally developed by one person! I'm fairly new to growing, but I know that I want to make my own strains. My main focus will be on reworking or developing new "fruity" flavored strains, since it is not too hard to find knockout bud but harder to find great tasting bud.

Would you say that there is any piece of advice that is particularly useful to a novice breeder mainly concerned with taste?

happyhi

original haze

original haze

i am new to icmag, have posted some info about the original haze.
i find it interesting that no one has talked about the original haze poster./
i wrote a post with the entire story that is contained on the poster.
i also was privileged to grow it in the 70's under the guidance of one of the masters of the time. unless you have actually grown it and smoked it
you should all be wary of commenting on it.

it provided an effect that i have not seen in any of todays mighty strains.
i live in the bay area and have tried them all. they are great, but do not
produce the same effect.

today i will be meeting one of the original haze heads, and am going to try and find out more about where it originated. when i was growing it in the 70s
i was not allowed to ever bred or produce seeds, that was part of the deal.
back then it was all about trust, and i obeyed the rules, hence i have no seeds.
unless you grew it and experienced it you can't understand it. it was truly unlike any thing i have used since. the combination of the taste and effect were very special. hopefully all the great breeders out there will come up with something as special.
peace

bigherb

Veteran
happy

so you were on of the lucky ones

very interesting read

what poster?were is ur post found it sorry

id lov to hear you take on aromas n taste a smoke report is most welcome actually a must

id also lov to hear som info from ur friend

1luvbigherb

happyhi

the poster is posted under my posts as original haze and i quote the entire poster
which included the recipe for the soil and some other interesting tid bits.
when and if i learn more i will share. i newbie to the new methods but am enjoying
producing my own meds.
the haze was like smoking candy, made you giddy, happy, creative and food tasted like you'd never eaten before. there was no paranoia or couch lock, it was heavenly.
hh/peace

Chomba64

Veteran
I can speak from experience about the "Original Haze".
R.L and I smoked it in his front yard IN THE THICK OF IT. It is one of the finest strains out there.
If you had the "Original" seed stock and used it for breeding only you would realize how all of the Haze crosses came about.
I would love to get my hands on some.
Thanks Sam ---"IN NATURE WE TRUST SPIRIT OF '76"

bigherb

Veteran
the haze was like smoking candy, made you giddy, happy, creative and food tasted like you'd never eaten before. there was no paranoia or couch lock, it was heavenly.

nice report
very interestin too hear you describe her as candy i havnt tasted that in any hazes ive smoked

I can speak from experience about the "Original Haze".

soo please do a smoke report would be a pleasure

1luvbigherb

Chomba64

Veteran
"Original Haze"

"Original Haze"

I have lived on the west coast all my life.
Just out of the military I was doing some guerrilla farming in the mountains.
After a year or so I was invited to share a bud or two with R.L. himself.
We met and I first puffed a couple hits of the "Haze".
Very heady/strong very impressive.
I have to say this was the first in a long line of early strains I had the experience to try.
Remember in those days we had Punta Roja, Cambodian, Thai, top grade Mexican. The best of the best to start with.
If you were lucky you might find a seed in some "Lizard Tongue" or "Elephand Ear". That shit made you small.....
"Patience is the real secret and the true test".
THE COSMIC BOOGIE -- 1976

Peace

happyhi

greetings chomba
sounds like we were doing the same thing in the same place at the same time!
do you have a copy of the haze poster? there don't see to be many around
any more.
great to hear someone else confirm my feelings about it. i am still waiting to find something that makes me laugh that hard or tastes that good. thanks for the feedback.
peace/ and patience was the true test the harvest moon in december is a long way away when you start in may!

Chomba64

Veteran
Happyhi,

You are fortunate to have one.
Yes, I have one poster that is signed.
I am getting it framed as they are so rare.

Peace Bro...

Latest posts

Latest posts