Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kushes for me are mostly bland or sleepy and definitely less strong after 3-4 months or so.I like them pretty fresh,2 weeks and ready to go.I cure in jars or vac sealed bags in room temp,maybe freezing would extend their prime time.

    Indeed Sativas or sativa hybrids definitely change more in curing and can indeed be stronger in my experience,not all of them.

    For example Ace malawi was better straight away and mellowed out with cure,very different high.Zamaldelica got a lot trippier (and maybe stronger) at 6-9 months.Most difference I've seen was with A5 x Malawi that was very nice when harvested,better after a month and at two months mark was the strongest thing I've grown.Then kept its power for many months more (til it finished haha) ,maybe not too edgy anymore but can't really say it degraded.

    Not much experience with pure sats but I hope this will change.

    Comment


      Syad Barrett said:
      Most difference I've seen was with A5 x Malawi that was very nice when harvested,better after a month and at two months mark was the strongest thing I've grown.Then kept its power for many months more
      Re KA5: Pretty much my experience exactly. Wasn't overly taken with it weeks after harvest. Definitely improves with a decent cure. 2-6 months depending on taste and aspirations I guess? Smooth smoke. Mild/herbie/leathery... vapes cool. Nice high then quite euphoric for a good while. Then some body. After a busy day in my P/c garden its usually sweet dreams after that. Have a few strains I'd like to bring to 'boy meets girl' with my remaining two F seeds. Sativas and Hazes are the thoroughbreds of the weed world there can be no doubt.
      'If you want to live outside the law... you've got to be honest'. R Zimmerman.

      Comment


        I think more thc is what you want but its the type of high your increasing the thc on that counts more thc on a booring relaxing high only equals more booring and more relaxation more euphoria if it's a happy strain and more mind high if it's that kind of plant the personality of the high counts a lot not so much total thc but yes you always do want to the increase in thc
        The frostiest haze will beat the less thc one for sure if their both the same type

        Comment


          I think besides the Chlorophyll mellowing and the starches and carbohydrates are partially converted to sugars like Glucose, to be honest I do not know exactly what the cure does but it is much less green and much more mellow in my experience. Beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, violaxanthin, neoxanthin and Beta-cryptoxanthin. These when cured produce various compounds in the Cannabis leaves that give cured Cannabis its sweet hay, tea, rose oil, or fruity aromatic flavor that contributes to the "smoothness" of the consumed product.
          It can also be a reduction of some of the more volatile mono-terpenes that can be irritating when at very high levels? I accidentally left a rubberband in a 2 quart ball jar of Original Haze sealed for a year and when opened the terpenes had melted the rubberband, think what they may do to lungs? All terpenes are not the same, some I stay away from.
          I do love terpenes but some do irritate me, depends what they are?

          I think all tobacco is cured, one way or another for similar reasons?
          -SamS
          Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 12-22-2020, 15:14.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
            Kushes for me are mostly bland or sleepy and definitely less strong after 3-4 months or so.I like them pretty fresh,2 weeks and ready to go.I cure in jars or vac sealed bags in room temp,maybe freezing would extend their prime time.

            Indeed Sativas or sativa hybrids definitely change more in curing and can indeed be stronger in my experience,not all of them.

            For example Ace malawi was better straight away and mellowed out with cure,very different high.Zamaldelica got a lot trippier (and maybe stronger) at 6-9 months.Most difference I've seen was with A5 x Malawi that was very nice when harvested,better after a month and at two months mark was the strongest thing I've grown.Then kept its power for many months more (til it finished haha) ,maybe not too edgy anymore but can't really say it degraded.

            Not much experience with pure sats but I hope this will change.

            Good to hear! I have malawi x panama in the line up this year. Fingers crossed for a real brain twister.

            Comment


              Sorry double post

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
                I think besides the Chlorophyll mellowing and the starches and carbohydrates are partially converted to sugars like Glucose, to be honest I do not know exactly what the cure does but it is much less green and much more mellow in my experience. Beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, violaxanthin, neoxanthin and Beta-cryptoxanthin. These when cured produce various compounds in the Cannabis leaves that give cured Cannabis its sweet hay, tea, rose oil, or fruity aromatic flavor that contributes to the "smoothness" of the consumed product.
                It can also be a reduction of some of the more volatile mono-terpenes that can be irritating when at very high levels? I accidentally left a rubberband in a 2 quart ball jar of Original Haze sealed for a year and when opened the terpenes had melted the rubberband, think what they may do to lungs? All terpenes are not the same, some I stay away from.
                I do love terpenes but some do irritate me, depends what they are?

                I think all tobacco is cured, one way or another for similar reasons?
                -SamS

                Exactly, Also THC degrades to CBN which makes the high a bit more sedative. Everything in cannabis degrades it all impacts how we perceive the high. I have no clue what all these volatile components convert to after degradation.



                I breed for both potency and strong terpenes. Ive tossed many that only had potency.. Anything less than 10% THC is not what I like. No quality Haze Ive smoked was lo THC. I'm sure there are some that like lo potency that's fine.. Again this is all basic Science folks look it up. . .

                #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                Hammers Perpetual showroom

                Comment


                  Basic science does not even understand the effects and affects of thc on humans, or even the extent of cannabinoids produced in the trichome. I dont think we are at the point where you can just flippantly write things off as "basic science look it up" yet, the more you learn the less you realise you actually understand.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by BeAn v.2.0 View Post
                    Basic science does not even understand the effects and affects of thc on humans, or even the extent of cannabinoids produced in the trichome. I dont think we are at the point where you can just flippantly write things off as "basic science look it up" yet, the more you learn the less you realise you actually understand.
                    I'm sure someone with a PHD that understands this a hell of a lot more than I could have a debate with you. That ain't me.

                    None of my posts stated anything more than what happens to our weed the longer it sits. I can't say it any other way. Nothing I posted has anything to do with how you perceived the high after degradation. Nothing I posted says anything about how these new components affect us. For some reason, you think I'm saying something different than what sam posted. I'm not.

                    #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                    Hammers Perpetual showroom

                    Comment


                      I had 2 nearly identical plants. I ran them for about a year next to each other (not a haze). Every single time one of them was slightly more stinky and flavorful right after drying. And after about 4 to 6 weeks in a jar the other always surpassed it and was the slightly better smoke.

                      What is happening if it is not curing?

                      I suspect that since indoor growing has become mainstream people are choosing for terpenes and cannabinoids that provide quicker gratification. It was not that many years ago outdoor was what most people smoked. And if you are smoking the same stuff all winter and pick your favorite seeds in the spring. You are going to choose what stores/cured the best. Not what you enjoyed the most a week or so after harvest.

                      It would be interesting to see an in depth study on how different strains change. Both on perceived quality and lab testing. There is still much to learn and understand.

                      There is definitely something different from a noisy modern strain and the old favorites. I do think much of what is currently popular is better sooner than later. But I also have seen enough strains improve in a jar to know curing is not all a myth.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post
                        I'm sure someone with a PHD that understands this a hell of a lot more than I could have a debate with you. That ain't me.

                        None of my posts stated anything more than what happens to our weed the longer it sits. I can't say it any other way. Nothing I posted has anything to do with how you perceived the high after degradation. Nothing I posted says anything about how these new components affect us. For some reason, you think I'm saying something different than what sam posted. I'm not.
                        I agree with you, sure as hell shit degrades even thin leafs. Having sat on some for a couple years, sadly seeing it degrade past a peak. Potency is subjective, im not sure what it is but i seen it a few times. Even had people cuss my shit like dude thats weak only for them to come back next year, singing a different tune like bro i came round to that ginger pubes and it was strong and tasty, guy even said it was like a different beast and all it did was sit n look pretty for months in a jar.

                        I had the same weed and i can say for damn sure at first it was bland weak and even looked shit, like the vintage weed high times photos...but damn son i swear to god it was like a different weed after a cure.(still looked like a 70s porn star)

                        Fwiw i prefer my kushes taken after 10 weeks for effect but the flavours better at first, it loses its taste and gets boring after a while...even chopping too late can ruin it. Probably should add i smoke kush, all day every day and rarely smoke pure nld.
                        Last edited by BeAn v.2.0; 12-23-2020, 03:12.

                        Comment


                          Terp's are extremely volatile, even haze terps will burn off over time. Curing wont preserve those. High quality fresh erb has a stronger aroma than cured weed ever will IMO. I do prefer my weed to still be green when I use it(personal preference)..I've done all the tests I need to with curing to come to that conclusion. I use it but not because I get higher or it smells better because for me it doesn't.. I do it because at my age the smoke is much smother and less harsh on my lungs.

                          All the testing data I've done shows fresh weed will test higher in THC ,same for terpene content vs older weed. This is all Ive said in every post.


                          IMO low quality weed will benefit a hell of a lot more curing it than high quality will ..

                          #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                          Hammers Perpetual showroom

                          Comment


                            im not sure more thc translates into more potent according to our bodies ,
                            we cant seem to measure how good a high is , only by ingesting it and relating our experiences ,
                            and as we all know those vary from one person to another ,


                            so in that case if our body says cured weed seems stronger , despite the numbers not agreeing with us , then its stronger/better and we cant rely on those numbers to tell us anything different ...

                            most old heads agree thai stick weed was very strong ,
                            and im fairly sure that was well cured by the time it reached our shores and eventually made its way into our pipes ,
                            i think it was one of the reasons for us grading it as we did ,
                            not that the fresh sample wasnt strong also , im sure it was ,


                            curing seems to alter the high , maybe its more narcotic ,
                            not as clean , or up , the chemistry has changed over time ,


                            i can certainly say some pot ive tried fresh , then found some much later and tried it again , it sure seemed better with age ...

                            Comment


                              Ive noticed I smoke more cured flowers because it doesn't hurt my lungs as much. Many things effect how we ea like our high including our age. When I was young I liked the expansion effect. Now I hate it. I don't notice getting higher using cured erb. I do prefer the stronger flav from fresh erb more.
                              Last edited by Hammerhead; 12-22-2020, 23:14.

                              #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                              Hammers Perpetual showroom

                              Comment


                                Using pure water for the flush like reverse osmosis is extremely important as well, if you're using anything else you're gonna get a lot of shit in the buds that you don't want to smoke, I'm on a well water system and the amount of brown crap my filter system collects is crazy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X