What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

dscowboy

Bigherb-
Are you disagreeing my plant is not 4' and going to yield an ounce and a half, or that Uptown is a small yielder? I have to say that indoors, I have the plant growing now, it is 4' tall and it is not going to yield much at all. Grant it, the plant has about 40 days to go, but they produce more resin then weight after they get to size. I also ran some clones because I do almost all SOG growing and it performs very poorly in that setup. Now if grown to huge trees outdoors, then I am sure it will produce alot. But growing small bushes or clones straight to flower, then it does not. I have been running it for 7 or 8 months I think. I found the seed back in summer time while my people were running Uptown on a weekly basis. I will try and get a picture up sometime soon. Art of Fire also had the grow he did with it and our results are identical. I have what he called pheno 2. I would love to see this outdoors but there is positively no way it could finish in the northern climate. I have left mine go from 100-120 days and the latter was definately where it needed to be.

bigherb

Veteran
dscowboy
nything is possible i defintitely think we'll get som fire ,run that bitch till frost coms as long as she'll survive, end nov ,its been warmer these past years .

no doubt i told you i seen her in oct 2 monsters very similar too arts pheno#2 oaxacan lookin i thought ,no doubt those bithces will yield indoors

brotha i dont kno wat you got how could i tell you wat you hav i was just askin was it
4'' inches or foot

since art didnt give us a smoke report n you been runnin her its only right to bless us with a proper smoke report pics r nice too ,

damn 7 8 months how bout a grow report

1luvbigherb

dscowboy

Bigherb-
Got you. I was just confused by what you asked. It is 4 foot for sure, that includes about a foot of grow bag too though. I will get some pics up this week and do a proper smoke report for you all. I will definately keep it forever and try to stabilize some seeds, maybe see if Seedbay wants to give them out for freebies. I am still getting my feet wet on the forums so to speak. Alot of great information on these and definately on this thread.
As for outdoors, I had some damn cold nights too early this past year and lost some white widows outdoors. We usually have 70's until beginning of November, but not this year. :(

skullcandy

Sugar Haze

Sugar Haze

Sam, I'm currently running Sugar Haze from the seedsman. I've heard this is one of your babies, no? If so how much influence did your end result reflect on their current project? This has quickly become one of my favorite sat. doms. in a short time. Thanks in advance if you see this

dscowboy

skullcandy-
Have you finished a Sugar Haze yet? I am running it too and it is definately resinous and smells nice. I am just curious on how long it actually takes to finish. I haven't had one seedsman strain finish at even close to what they claim.

razor ridge

Do you wait for the trichromes to turn amber or cut them when there clear? I have some Haze influenced sativa's almost ready...I wait for amber on my indicas....

dscowboy

I cut mine at 90% or more milky. I don't want amber on my hazes (I have ran about 7 I think and always have 2-4 going with any grow) at all. I want the rushing out the gate high the haze brings and I want it uninhibited. That's my favorite part of the haze high, how intense it is when it comes on. I think if I had amber trichs, that would tone it down somewhat.

skullcandy

dscowboy-
This turned out to be a nice surprise, not big yielders, the 9 weeks worked with some phenos but the stretched out ladies take a bit longer. Very sweet and balanced for me. Something I believe has made a home in my gardens. I've begun clearing way for some projects with this strain I like it that much.

1000ARMSofKALI

hi hazelovers!

this is genetics from Sam the Skunkman
picture.php

peace

dscowboy

skullcandy- Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to mine finishing now. Do they have the intense haze high or are they tamed down by the cross? Mine look killer, just covered in trichs!

skullcandy

dscowboy- for me, they were well balanced but were all different. There not a waste of time. What you smell now is very similar in taste with the finished product. Sweet, very sweet. Hope you like 'em as much as I do.

Mid to late 70's. About the time of the first Medal Halide lights being used indoors. But I know of no clones much older then 20 years, still alive today.

-SamS

I've got a question for you Sam. In or around 1986 my partner went to Amsterdam to get seeds from Neville.To make a long story short. He brought back Big Bud, Early Pearl, Silver Pearl and Northern Lights.He was told that the Big Bud came to Neville in clone form and was crossed with Skunk #1 to make the seed that we got.
So now with the help of some friends I've still got a 23 year old clone of one of those original 10 Big Bud seeds.As you might guess we think its a special plant,thats why its still around.
I was hoping maybe you could give us your take on this breeding and what you would recommend breeding to her. I've grown her all these years and have never crossed her with anything, but am now getting the urge to do some of my own breeding.

the Rock

been smokiing some thai\haze x sk#1 =strongest crazy weed i have vsmoked in years=was like in a bad dream could not wake up from ,awesome smoke;plant takes alot of room patience to grow

F

FooMafia

I'm wondering if I made F2 of TFD Original Haze will i have a better chance of finding a purple pheno?

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm wondering if I made F2 of TFD Original Haze will i have a better chance of finding a purple pheno?

from what ive read, TFD went towards the Thai in the line, not that you wont see a PHaze, just few and far between.

a real deal purple haze plant is tough to find, were you get purple stems leaf and bud with no cold temps, especially a nice potent one.

CBF

F

FooMafia

I'm also wondering if Oldtimer's Haze is similar to Original Haze?
Bcuz I was thinking on buying a pack and crossing a purple pheno into the Original haze.
I've been told that Oldtimer's Haze is Pure Haze.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OT1 haze i grew came from a different source then Ace seed. there was alot of arguement over it bein the real deal or not when the OT1 seed offerin came around.

plants i grew did not appear to resemble the OHaze i grow from TomHill. THOHaze could be different for many reasons, mainly selection, and how long its been worked.

OT1s haze may be a unworked Haze. said to be from the 70s with little or no work done.

i would have problems doubtin Oldtimers word on just about anything, so in my mind it is a Haze, when and where he scored it, i have no clue.

CBF

barmat

Question for anyone

Question for anyone

My father has recently been diagnosed with cancer and lives in Colorado. He is registered in the state and with the recent press conference held by Eric Holder I have convinced him to set up shop outdoors. Mothers once selected will be maintained indoors in soil and clones rooted and planted outdoors. Can anyone recommend an available seed strain that will do well at 7400 feet? Obviously something with haze lineage preferred. Hard frost usually sometime mid October.

Colina

Hi barmat,

Noble quest and hope you find something to help your father.

You may have a very hard time finding a Haze or even Haze hybrid that will not get battered during budding in that climate. Have you thought about a blackout box of some sort? Like this http://www.grobots.com/

With one of these you could grow anything you pleased up there to an outstanding finish and easily be harvested by early/mid September. The ones in the link are well proven and automatic but you could also do this manually with a lot more work and a lot less money.