What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bigherb

Veteran
cbf

true true but i said purest
of course she anint pure neville haze nl5/hazeA x hazeC

wat i meant is its probably the closest/best representation of o.haze available to us

tfd o.haze so hav u grown out those 100 packs too find the keeper
she has been tinkered wit in holland i beleve not sams shit or original type he said it was not finished bein worked on
pleez show ur gem

tom hill another great representation but isnt she bred for 4 gen toward p.haze colombian side i want her badd

nl5 xhaze also neville and sams hybrids r close to pure n excellent representations but again wat has been the tlk of the town nevilles haze.i hav not grown her nh or smoked her or o.haze but from wat i gather.nh is the real deal wit incense frankincense [myfav]catpiss spice peppery traits .wit o.haze hybrids leanin toward the sweet side thai which sam favored i believe

how could you forget or change the story several times i dont understand
there r som missin links n contradictions

nyc has a p.haze cutt 2nd best haze i smoked but dont think its true p.haze anyway.
havnt smoked real any real strwberry nuttin
nyc haze is not known for any traits of fruit in our haze

1luvbigherb

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
few quick shots of a single THOHaze female @6wks. busted out a pack of THOHaze from the cbay days to add some new genes to the haze line i been peeterin around with.

this is a seed plant, and is a lime plant, which is usually the dominant plant type in a population here. believe she leans towards the thai in the line.

were old beans and got this female, a male who has been harvested, and 3 more plants in veg.

sorry for the lightin glare in the pics, she will show better later. as you can see i nuked her a bit with nitro, never been much good growin the haze, no easy task for me. but i do love the toke:yoinks:

CBF

61706thohaze_plant6wks-med.JPG

61706thohaze_tops_lime6wks-med.JPG

61706thohaze_limebud_6wks-med.JPG

61706thohaze_limebud2_6wks-med.JPG

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BigHerb, dutchmans has many many gens in there breedin of there haze. its pure, but bred towards there ideal(each breeder havein there own) i believe the thai side.

ive grown nevs haze, and there are hazy plants, and i didnt find the soarin head. do yield nice.

when i researched haze i decided on tomhills offerin. havent turned back since. not real sure as to what Tom favored in his line, i thought thai, and i here lumbo. i dont think hes breedin for the purple, its just there, and not a bunch of um either, most ive found have needed temps to color up, have had a few that were purple threw and threw, stalks, stems, leaf and bud, no matter the temps.

i grew OT1s haze, and as far as i could tell, they were jungle sativas, with very very small calyx. plants were very simular across the board, and grew well. i didnt care for um, but im not the best grower your gonna see by along shot. also i was weened on Toms offerin, and any other haze line is gonna have to have somethin really special to knock um outta my rotation.

on that nyc haze, i have grown strawberry cough for many years. when i first started with the line, there were many long legged hazey plants in the grows. no fruit in it at all bro. tighter growin haze was more the description.

dont know much on the PHaze there. any pics of the PHaze bud by chance?

CBF

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Haze hybrids too, in my experience, can be quite variable as well. Shanti seems to have had more success with them than most.
^^ interesting, I've found they are variable as well..Colina the PM system has changed and you need 75 posts to post PMs..so post a few more and contact me.

Colina

Okie Dokie Doobieduck,

And thanks for the heads up on the issues i've been having with my PM's.

I once saw an Original Haze blurb said to be (it was online) written by RC Clarke, which described the early breeding sequence of the line, perhaps Sam could clarify. Anyway, I believe if I remember, a Mexican/Colombian was crossed to a Southern Indian one generation, and that was crossed to a Thai the next- Making the line mostly Thai?
When I was in Holland about 15 years ago, there was some good pure Haze going around in some of the cafe's and on the street. This Haze had the leathery incense like fresh cut teak smell and taste. The taste and smell were very reminiscent of a good Colombian. It had a nice strong spacey high too that lasted long. Perhaps this herb that was going around at the time was from an earlier (pre Thai?) version, or it was a rare phenotype. When I bought seeds expecting something like that "Colombian", what I got was something much more resembling (in flavor and smell) pretty much every Thai plant I had ever grown. There were underlying aromas that other folks are better at describing (herbs etc) but the base was all Thai. I liked this "Thai" like citrusy bud even more than the "Colombian" type I had smoked and liked so much in Holland, I thought it was more potent also- but I don't have a lot of experience with this leathery/teak type pure at all. In hybrids though it seems it's still used. Perhaps parent stock from earlier generations? Or rare genotypes I don't know . I love them both though, Haze friggen rules man :D

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I once saw an Original Haze blurb said to be (it was online) written by RC Clarke, which described the early breeding sequence of the line, perhaps Sam could clarify. Anyway, I believe if I remember, a Mexican/Colombian was crossed to a Southern Indian one generation, and that was crossed to a Thai the next- Making the line mostly Thai?

...and Romberryherm (@ OG) said it was just someone´s dream :biglaugh:
also said that some of the crosses (Haze) were 1/2 Thai,and most,were not
:laughing:

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
cbf

nh didnt do it for uu wow surprising ,ive not smoked her like i said

i dont kno if thohaze n hill temple haze r the same
but hill temple is the 4 gen p.haze

othaze sorry for ur dissapointment but im sure there r som phenos u would enjoy

on that nyc haze i lived in ny all my life n havnt smoked a true strawberry nothin .if i remeber correct s.c. taste like strawberry ive yet to experinece this taste wit cannabis.
so how bout ur description of the taste?pleez dont say hazey

actually i got videos of buds ive com across over the yrs.been thinkin bout puttin emm together .many nyc hazes the purple haze bud not soo purple but it looks alive there soo much thc . at least 6 diff high grade purple strains documented wit p.haze being the first.

all ill say bout so called p.haze aka popcorns its not the purple pheno of o.haze.its slight purple tint n i believe a colombian dom haze .fluffy but airy sweet sour peppery buttery incense spicey

1luvbigherb

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nev haze i grew was from a friend who had reproed the line.

HTC haze is not THOHaze, bub got his haze from his mentor. tried some of the bud and it wasnt what i was used to, and the bud was pretty dense, nothin like any haze bud ive experienced.

KKs strawbery cough never came on with strong strawberries for me, there is a berry thing goin on but tramped by the haze influence. theres some kinda sour/tartness to the smoke.

my experience with haze has been more citrus overall, lime aromas and taste. i do get earthen, incence with a liquorice type note as well with some plants, some say they get spices and woody tones, i just dont get it, unless what i think is earthen liquorice is spice.

the OT1 grew well, bud the buds were just so stringy, thin limbs with very small calyx, which is what turned me off. the bud looks huge, but there like big cotton brillo pads.

how to describe hazey........in the SC line i keep, the haze type plants have the sour/tart kinda funk, like a dirty sour sweetness, really not a pleasent aroma, citrusy with out the acrid part. like old lime, lemon peels or somethin. there are many aromas and tastes in a haze population, and really cant narrow it down. but as a haze grower its pretty easy to recognize when ya walk in a room.

as for the nyc haze, i was told by a friend that is was a SC plant. may not be, hell i dont know, was just sayin is all. sure theres more then one nyc haze goin around.

i grew up in NY, tri states area, back then it was mex/SAmerican sallies, long before all the hybrids and such came along.

CBF

dscowboy

I grow the Uptown NYC Haze now and have been since summer. I found 1 seed in about 50 or so bags of it when some friends were bringing back from New York back then. I also have grown alot of other hazes SSH, NH, Original Haze, Sugar Haze, etc. I can't see alot of resembelence to it and the others. It has a very unique smell ofcourse and it forms fairly tight buds but not as leafy as alot of the NL Haze crosses. It also takes longer than any other haze I have grown with the exception of TOHaze. It easily takes 110-125 days and puts on alot more stretch then my SSH and NH. Buds do not run like typical hazes either, they stay short for the most part and get some decent swelling. It also takes a good while for buds to really strat forming and trich production is very thick but doesn't strat until well after a month. I know alot of people speculated what the Uptown could be, but I don't think it is any haze I have grown before. I heard some say mango and I haven't grown or smoked that so I don't know for sure. What was mentioned on the last page about strawberry cough throwing some "tighter hazey" plants could definately be possible. That definately describes the bud formation. There is no fruit smell, just offensive body odor when growing, to the freash incense, piney, earthy smell when dried. I do know it is one of the top three hazes I have smoked and I am working on producing some seeds from it now by using an original haze male. Then I'll start on the back crossing. :)

Last edited:

xOOx

been following this thread since the beginning,
good info here,
and love the stories ;)

sometimes i usually chew on the stems of buds i've broken up, and let them sit in between my cheeks and gums to soak into my mucous membrainz for a bit...like a snus, lol. bad habit - especially with unknown possibly dirty buds, but my own, you know.. its ok..

only a couple of times from commercial, other then uptown nyc reups of yesteryear, and my own bagseed, have i smelled or tasted what i would call a spiceyness on a bud. i can smell it right away first whiff mixed in with the rest of the skunk soury acid tangy odors. i can tell by the taste of chewed stem if it is what i like too. its like you can't deny the smell when you open a bag of doritos..

certain types of bud, if you chew the stems.. then swallow the juices w/your saliva will leave a mild spice tingle in your throat, and a certain taste/smell in your nose on the swallow..

here's something for you to try.. go buy some chicken mcnuggets from mcdonalds, take a wiff.. spicey... take a bite and chew it for 30 seconds then swallow, thats the mild spicey burn/taste/odor i can compare it to when i say spice on buds or chewed stems ..

maybe it sounds crazy? but try it. see if you can make the same connection to the uptown, lol. hey if not, at least you got some chicken in ya.

when i chew my bagseed girl stems thats what i taste..and its def. not o.haze ..

but when you put a flame to it, inhale taste is more like vicks vapor inhaler.. very cool smoke..and exhale will leave a little bit of spice on your tongue..same taste as the chewed stems..just a unique smell/taste - so many things going on..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

then kick back.......... relax on the beach daydreaming...warm sun beating down on your numb face.. but in your living room ;)

another person once described a smell to me called sandlewood.. i actually found some incense in the store labeled sandlewood by chance a while ago. curious me burned it up and left the room for abit.. and then came back in with a fresh nose, and what did i smell? fire. like campfire smell.. the smell of burning fireplace in the winter when your outside in the cold. so i guess thats the sandlewood odor, unless the incense was mislabed? i've got no sandlewood smell on my bud in raw form, but when burned i guess maybe it mite smell like campfire, lol. ive never really left the room after smoking it. but mostly that chicken nugget spicey smell if you had to choose something to linger, along with classic 'someones smoking pot' smell. burning rope/chuch lol.

keep up the info,

xoox

bigherb

Veteran
xoox
lol com on mang
thats not how to recognize sandlewood fuck those incense probably cheap unpure mixed shit reasearch wikipedia sandlewood n frankincense i posted it previous .african/se.asian trees oils used 4 incense n so on

cbf
my sayin is if it anint church it anint fire check ic i said all i can say about her.
i believe it to be a s.american hybrid colom x mex from hbh first crops
also chech mns origins of haze for som understandin .

so your one of the lucky one who got a taste of som traditional imports

too all
no fruits in washington heights haze

we all have opinions ,truth exist lies are invented .

1luvbigherb

Last edited by a moderator:

xOOx

lol, bigherb..maybe it's not the best way to id a scent, but i was browsing a store and i saw some little incense cones that said 'sandlewood' on the label. i bought it, lol.. but the smell it made was just burning of a wood stove or fireplace from the outdoors, that kinda odor. like mmm someone has their fireplace kickin' if your walkin around outside in the cold winter air..

frankensense i still have yet to smell and be told this is frankensense.. if i see that scent.. i'll buy it, lol.

but i'm serious about the chicken mcnuggets, the spice they put on their breading..
try it -- as far as the spicey in the spiceyness scent goes..for me anyways..its close...what is the spice they use, lol.

a few times i've eaten them nuggets, the thought of chewing haze stems pop in my mind

xoox

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cbf
my sayin is if it anint church it anint fire check ic i said all i can say about her.
i believe it to be a s.american hybrid colom x mex from hbh first crops
also chech mns origins of haze for som understandin .

so your one of the lucky one who got a taste of som traditional imports

np problems here just chewin the fat, er stem, hehe

im an old dude so im not followin the church fire thing?

ive read just about any post on haze that has hit the net since,2000. obviously dont remember everything, i used to keep a file with lots of haze info, back when i was more motivated,lol.

was readin a bit yesturday on what is in haze and there was some talk of haze bros early seed, where it didnt have thai yet and such. hard to think those early seeds would still be around, but anythings a possibility. could be what OT1s is all about, haze bros haze before the introduction of thai????

the first crosses with mex X lumbo, and then with the S indian, prolly do have lots of the spice insence and frankencince, once the thai was added could be were the citrus came in.

one other point as to what the hazes in NYC are, ive done many haze outcrosses, and you can find a plant that you would never be able to say otherwise it wasnt straight haze.

anyway, i have a hard time believein someone is usin a straight haze as a commercial product. does the NYC haze command a higher price then? whenever ya get a chance id like to just gawk at the buds.

good to yak at ya bro
CBF

Last edited by a moderator:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sacred Seeds offered OH #´s 1,2,3 &4,Burning Bush,New Years Haze + several hybrids...in 1981 or 82....go figure!!
And if the best Hazes were f1 hybrids,Mex x Colombian or Thai/South Indian....come to mind hehe :joint:

Last edited:

dscowboy

As far as the NY Haze being a commercial variety, they must grow about a million of them because you are right, commercial production it is not. It is a long flowering, low yielding plant. But when they sell .7 of a gram for $20-$30, it adds up I suppose. I have a fairly large uptown I am flowering now and I'll be surprised if it is 1.5 zips when finished and it is 4' tall.

xOOx

ya ds,

u pay for quality i guess...

whenever i would get from my ny connect, $20 would get me a bud about 1 inch long, maybe half inch, just shy 3/4 inch wide.. reeks of that unique smell right thru the bag nose tingly yum...

it would break up to a lot more then you'd think.. almost 3/4 full of a small sized dugout container. i'm guessing thats probably 6-9 not super packed small sized bowls of it? i don't smoke bowls..

that could last me 2-3 weeks+ at a hit-two dugout bats a night..or couple days in between when the desire sets in.

and a bat keeps me soaring in the clouds for a couple hours..with with a few hours after that of lingering easy come down if you don't rehit it..i know most don't believe that potency exists, or did and can't find it again if your tolerance is wayy high these days..but its real...a little goes a loong way..upping those hits would just make a very uncomfortable confusing racy heart beating high..thats why i always smoke in pecks .. lasts longer, more enjoyable..cheaper too, lol.

xoox

Mr.Dissent

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze?

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze?

This thread had enormous potential and now seems to be getting quite cluttered by things that would probably be better posted elsewhere. And folks with obvious agendas, trying to force their versions of things they know nothing about etc, too bad.
No wonder why Sam seems to have hit the road in regards to this thread :(

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
cbf
exactly ive also enjoyed our chat

since 2000 ,so u older folk just hav a hard time remembering, sams lol

didnt want tto get much into the nyc haze as its all here , soo ill spark n type,ur oldschool i hope to learn somthin from our convo n were like 2nd cozins ,ur a newyorker lol

im an old dude so im not followin the church fire thing?

dont know how much homework u did or doo.but on the nyc haze scene piff is new slang since 2000 meaning top notch haze piff/comin from ephifany wack slang lol .now where i grew up
we always heard frankies n church .long story short frankincense r used in religious rites
n are burned during a catholic funeral mass which r all too familiar in my life.
frankies aka best haze i eve smoked
church hybrids of frank wit similarites
soo frankies is the best thats not easily available n church is top notch haze wit that pissy incense taste
fire =meaning wats hott ,high grade,chronic

as far as ikno the hybrid/s hav been around nyc since late 80's, who kno how long exact.
but s.american strains hav these traits ,such as cg n oaxaca highland.

one other point as to what the hazes in NYC are, ive done many haze outcrosses, and you can find a plant that you would never be able to say otherwise it wasnt straight haze.

didnt really understand you, r u implyin that these hybrids r not pure n you couldnt easily identify them as being hybrid.

a zip is 375/4nup all dependin,i dont got pics bro just videos

hazebros haze description is catpiss sandlewood .coincedince

raco
that is very very interesting i only remeber seein original haze at the bottom of the catalouge /piece of paper
id lov to kno the parents ,exact lineage of OH #´s 1,2,3 &4,Burning Bush,New Years Haze + several hybrids...in 1981 or 82....go figure!!
seems like you hav som thoughts would you like too share

wats real interesting too me is hempy i believe claims too know the name/guy in nyc that
gav nev seeds.ive been tryin to join/post on mns wit no luck .forget a name tho i loved to kno, but i would really like too know if it was a dominican guy .if it was case closed on that tip.

dscowboy
4 foot? ,i would hav to disagree ,we all hav our opinions ,but few seeds from som church were found planted this summer i seen 2 monsters in 25 gal garbage bags grown wit no lov or knowledge .these plants look like oaxacan from wat ive seen crazy foxtailed buds sic amazin vigor.didnt do a tasting wen dry just wet n she looked to yield well over a p but i wasnt impressed, it was chopped i think 2nd week of oct ,no patients.i would hav waited for som snow
best of luck too you n urs n just be patient

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Mr.Dissent

this is n ohaze thread n we r very much on topic much of this info is all in relation to our history of o.haze

do you hav somthin positive too add

xOOx

bigherb: just an idea for you, you said you have videos, no pics..are they on your computer? if not, can you get them on there? with a capture card or something..you can load them into microsoft movie maker or adobe premiere..and take still shots out of your video frames into jpg's, unless you have a mac then i don't know -- but should be easier probably, lol ;)

xoox