What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bigherb

Veteran
on youtube
The true story of Haze(Directors cut)

any comments?

wats the clone story i thought it was seeds u gav neville

1luvbigherb

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
WOW crazy thread!

I tryed to read it all, its too long but i've read most of it.
Thanks to sam for the info...

No disrespect to no one but there is too much hear say and rumours. I mean if u was't there u can't tell whats true or wrong...anyway

good thread

I got some of those beans as a freebie and soaked all 5 for 7 days and only 1 split and opened up the other 4....nothing! These are some really hard seeds but I have 1 that is starting it's 3rd set of true-leaves maybe it'll turn out female but if not I also have some mazar-i-sharif starting and will maybe breed the O. Haze to that if it turns out male. Both of these strains I will grow outdoors under Texas skies I'm starting early to have a early o/d harvest before the high temps start!

Jones

Hi Marijuanamat, igrohydro, XyZ

When I see pics like yours I always wanna start a Haze grow.
But then I look for smoke reports and find only very generic, vague descriptions like 'typical sativa up high' or 'reminds me of <insert smth oldschool here>'.
So far I've only seen eddieshoestring's detailed report, sadly of a prematurely taken Haze.
If you have finished product please, pretty please with double sugar on the top write a smoke report.
Thank you.

waveguide

Veteran
i'm vegging a seedsmans' original haze - i had a nute mixup and one survived, which is female.

it's looking great - some leaves have no taper like strips of ribbon, it looks very exotic to me.

does anyone know if their OH has a lot of variation?

i'm looking for the raciest mentalist sativa on a budget (authentic landraces if possible) should i get another pack of the same or something else?

i also grow durban and lieu hanh 99, durban's curing, "cindy lou," as i like to call her, is just starting. sprouts are giants (the viet black genes?).

what cheap sat genes would you mix with these? i haven't tried too many (i have sat phenos from mexibrick too)

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
jones

if your a haze lover like myself id recommend

ace seeds
oldtimer haze

mns mr nice seeds

neville haze
ssh
mango haze

sam the skunkman haze hybrids

thai haze x o.haze
o.haze skunk

flyingdutchmen
o.haze sams

and hybrids

dna genetics
ch
sourcream
d-line

Colina

I agree Jones, and here are some things that come to my mind as I read your post. The Haze high, the high that the "dedicated for life fans" speak of, and get all exited about when speaking of, well, it's a pretty elusive animal. I agree with your assessment of most of the reports, those folks don't know of the Haze high that others do, and others can spot this in a heartbeat. A high quality Haze selection doesn't remind a person of anything, it cuts right through it all man. If ever an herb could be life changing, Original Haze tops the list. It can be devastating, it is an absolutely humbling experience and I mean this quite literally. But, like I said, in my experience it's a friggen needle in a hay stack, do you have the will and the means? Would you grow a hundred plants to find her, or more? I can tell you it's worth every minute and sq foot of investment if you do. Most won't. That's the smoke report. Beautiful plants all, hope they rip your heads clean off.

Last edited:

Colina

And Bigherb,

Saw the youtube vid. Same guy that wants to credit Amsterdam for the Colorado Chem/Kush lines right? Because there were no posts about it by such in such date etc? What a joke, all of it.

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've found little variation in growth rate,size,shape,bud formation and flavour/aroma out of all the original haze i've grown out,there is some variation in potency from mediocre to extremely potent so you definitely need to grow out a few and test em for potency.1 thing i will say is if your growing from seed you'll probably think each fem is a pile of shit as they can take 3-4 months to start flowering and another 4-5 months to finish properly and are very sensitive to nitrogen, so its best to take cuttings once you've sexed them and flower those out instead of wasting months on a plant from seed.

Jones

bigherb:
Thank you for the recommendations.
As for the hybrids, I've tasted Neville's and SSH (not sure if it was MNS or GHS).
Liked both. Still, I always keep wondering how different the high is from the pure Haze. NL is a plant I really don't care for. It does nothing I desire for me. If you want to believe the breeders' descriptions it makes up 25% of the Neville's and SSH. So is there room for improvement by 25% maybe even 50% in case of SSH or have NL and Sk#1 only brought yield and shorter flowering time to the party? The latter I find hard to believe.
I'm eyeing the Sugar Haze by Seedsman at the moment. Too bad there's no info to be found besides the Seedsman description which basically reads like a geographical report of the santa marta area. There's not much to find about the hybrid itself or the santa marta parent side.

As for the OTHaze by ACE, I follow the ACE forum closely. Really like their work and style. The ACE guys are very nice and forthcoming with information.
Their NepJam is insanly desirable smoke! But I find the origins of their OTHaze a little dubious. Who really knows what that Old Timer guy grew and how he 'preserved' the line for so many years. That being said, the OTHaze plants by ACE look gorgeous and might be a spectacular Haze in it's own right.
I know this sounds petty but if they were a little cheaper I already would have a few packs in my fridge for future try outs.

Colina:
Dude, stop teasing by saying things like: 'If ever an herb could be life changing, Original Haze tops the list.' ;)
I hear similar intriguing things from 'old' stoners who smoked the Haze in the 70s. But are their reports still valid? I will have to grow from current seeds not from seeds made in the 70s, hence my request for smoke reports a few posts above.

marijuanamat:
Thank you for that invaluable information.
If only there was something like icmag around when I frist grew pure sativas.
The Ultimate Sativa Grow thread on this board is also full of very useful tips.

bigherb

Veteran
colina

if you watched carefully there were foot notes i believe from the old sites
which is proof that sams had contradicted himself

jones
i havnt seen many/any proper smoke reports of o.haze or hbh
as for the pure o.haze from the 70's i want her too dont look like its happenin
10% or 15% are the gems in a pack of o.haze is that 1 in a 10 pack i not goona find her
i hear her n her purple sis still survive closely guarded bull but thats senseless if its not availble too the community.

not sure wat ur suggesting ,yyy would neville lie yyy would shanti lie about the makeup, nl brings the body in the high n shorter flowering time yes all desired traits .nl is not my fav strain either .but ssh n nh would not be sooo if nl wasnt in the mix.
do you not like a body high/ stone /indica ?
if soo maybe you should check out som pure afican sativas at afropips

alot 50 euro dont kno wer u get ur seeds but ace has fair prices for there unique selections

my idea of a pure haze experience
the closest i got to o.haze is my o.haze frankies nyc haze.if your not familar wit nyc haze then next trip you might want to visit the big apple.

frankies
high = above the clouds ,but hit by a mack truck stuck
taste= frankincense catpiss spicey peppery

ahhhaa
shanti just dropped limited unreleased skunkxhaze this might be wat ur lookin for

1luvbigherb

Colina

Bigherb,

I did notice the contradiction, and I say so what?

I have edited/cleaned my posts up some, not because I feel differently about it, but because I feel it's probably not my place. Sam seems willing to move on from the past, I respect that, and will try to do the same.

Jones, I'm not a tease man :) and intend to put out a clone like I speak of this year. You can still find your own though, it's still there, just a needle in a hay stack is all. Worth it though.

The Haze hybrids too, in my experience, can be quite variable as well. Shanti seems to have had more success with them than most.

I usually grow Haze outdoor and start kinda late so I can keep them to 1.5-2meters, allowing for larger numbers in a given space (greenhouse) to increase my odds of finding what I'm looking for. This year I plan to run numbers indoors. I was thinking of 12/12 all the way through till sexing, 12/12 through rooting clones (looking to burn a couple of 3 weeks of stretch there) and cramming them in sog style, does anyone grow them like this and if so what are their final heights etc?

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
big up to sams 4 everything especially the o.haze no doubt he brought haze he stabilized but who r you to say wat haze nev had and how that story goes.

wat do you mean so wat ?wat moral ?wat story

money is the root of all evil true wats ur point

nev supposedly sold ben dronkers . o.haze cutting wen he wasnt suppose to .soo sad we got jack herrer ,mother finest,nl5/haze soo on.

nev sold haze pure supposedly n wasnt suppose too .really soo wat how much did he sell we dont even got it now . i havnt seen it id like to see it in a catalouge or somin

i started this thread to know everything i can about haze

im certainly not finished

sams has only answerd som of my questions
the only ones with answers is sam ,nev n the haze bros .

nev haze is probably the best n purest haze available to us .

its interesting too me that nev has a diff story of recieving seeds from ny in 69.
becaz the nyc haze i smoke is without a doubt the best haze ive smoked .
also interesting is the o.haze was mexican x colombian wen hb first started
and the nyc hazes has these traits frankincense sandalwood spicey peppery

tell me so wat, he could hav corrected wat he wrote n edited his statement .

if it looks like a fish smells like a fish there is no more guessin

so sam brought o.haze to holland is flyingdutchmen the best selection available to us .
sad no cs offer her pure
sounds like she lost in the 70's

Jones

bigherb:
I'm sorry. My 'If you want to believe the breeders...' might have been uncalled for. It's just that there're so many contradicting stories in the seed biz in general, that I sometimes wonder if any of it can be trusted at all.
Just take a look at that ridiculous OG Kush/Chem/etc. drama. After all the seed biz is about money and you know, some old hippie once said: 'the love of money is the root of all evil'. ;)

I agree that ACE's €50 prices are ok, even cheap considering the quality of some of their strains. But last time I saw the OTHaze on sale (seedbay) it came with a price tag above $120,-. That is for a strain, that is relativly untested by the public, is likely not easy to grow, has long flowering time and might need some selection to find keepers too much for my budget. I'm not a commercial grower.

I do like a body high/ stone /indica. Like I said I liked Neville's Haze and the SSH. I like my BubbleGum alot. My Ak47 has, in spite of my chronic shoulder pain, put me gently to sleep many many nights.
But I also like pure sativas. I have a Thai and a pure South African Sativa. Not so sure if I can call my Cinderella99 a pure sativa, smokes like one for sure, though.
I like Sam's Skunk, I don't like the NL. My ideal Haze hybrid would be (Haze x Blueberry Sativa) x (Haze x BubbleGum). Wishful thinking so far. But hey, I have the BubbleGum selected. I'm aiming for someting 'blue' now and as you can see I'm taking interest in the Haze. Who knows where this ends some day. I can become quite obsessive once an (imho) excellent idea has manifested in my mind. :)

"shanti just dropped limited unreleased skunkxhaze this might be wat ur lookin for"
Dude, I bet he read my statement that I don't like the NL and did this just for me. ;) Will check it out. Thank you for the notice! Sam did skunkxhaze somewhen too, right?

Colina:
Keep us posted! Sounds excellent.

Last edited:

dscowboy

I am running Seedsman Sugar Haze now and it is amazing. It has rediculous trich production, much faster to flower, and smells amazing. I am looking forward to finishing the grow

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nev haze is probably the best n purest haze available to us .

i dont know how you come up with that, sure aint pure. have ya tried the dutchmans, THOHaze, at least those are pure haze with nothin thrown in.

i spent a few years huntin the info on haze myself, and from then till now the story hasnt changed much at all. basically the haze bros created the line over a few years, sam was lucky to be close to um, without sam the haze prolly would of never happened if he didnt contribute genetics.

the mishmash between nev, sam, and shanti is just that, its years ago, and if you can remember what ya gave someone 20 years ago, your not token enough.

one more point is Purple Haze is nothin more then a purple plant in the OHaze. original haze with color, nothin more. many have tried to sell PHaze, but there was never a straight purple haze line, they were all outcrosses.

ive heard of PHaze cut bein held in santa cruz, ive never seen a pic, not once. NYC haze ive been told is a great strawberry cough plant, which of course has haze in its make up.

CBF

Latest posts

Latest posts