• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the t stands for 'thai'
    OldPath's Grow Journal: Original Haze, Satori, and others

CBG's Sandstorm in organic soil

Himalaya Gold in DWC

ACE Bangi Haze in DWC/Bubbler

"What came through the closed door was the realization - not the knowledge, for this wasn't verbal or abstract - but the direct, total awareness, from the inside, so to say, as Love as the primary and fundamental fact. These words, of course, have a kind of indecency and must necessarily ring false, seem like twaddle. But the fact remains... I was this fact; or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that this fact occupied the place where I had been"
    -Aldous Huxley

"I believe that love is a better teacher than a sense of duty, at least for me." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by joaquin386
      Sam what would be an actual Thai strain that you would recommend that resembles the old Thai weed you smoke?
      If it's a pure thai your after why not try gypsy's thai stick or luang prabang lao's but be prepered for the long flowering period of 18+ week's.
      Plant a Seed
      &
      Free The Weed

https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/crazy-x-seeds/

Comment

Ok thanks marijuanamat
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
        Grows: Shiva Shanti, White widow (Sensi), BubbleGum (Serious Seeds), DSD (Reservoir), BubblegumxDSD (myself), Super Silver Haze, Neville Haze (MrNice), HashBerry (Mandala)
        Fridge: Neville Haze, NL5xHZ, Black Widow, Afghan Haze (MrNice), Skunk#1, NL, O. Haze, Afghan#1, Mama Thai (Seedsman), Love Potion#1, Double Skunk (Refeerman), Hashberry (Mandala), Snowdog BX1, Chemdog BX2, DSD (Reservoir) Manala, Mazar-i-Sharif (RSC) O. HazexSkunk#1 (SamS) HashberryxNevilleHaze, BubblegumxDSD (myself)

Comment

Canna Biogen has a Meao Thai that is crossed with a mexican/colombian: Destroyer 100% sativa with only 60/75 days of flowering. :smile:

Himalaya Gold in DWC

"What came through the closed door was the realization - not the knowledge, for this wasn't verbal or abstract - but the direct, total awareness, from the inside, so to say, as Love as the primary and fundamental fact. These words, of course, have a kind of indecency and must necessarily ring false, seem like twaddle. But the fact remains... I was this fact; or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that this fact occupied the place where I had been"
          -Aldous Huxley

"I believe that love is a better teacher than a sense of duty, at least for me." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yah bro,THai takes a looooooooong time.........

Got some still going now............

MAN them things are tuff indoors,slow as hell but oh
            the spicey sweet complex flavors and highs are worth it!

Since this is a HAZE THREAD,id like to show some G13xHaze!!!!!
            From JLP ive taken them to F3 field stock,and she is good bud...

Punch on that pic an see ice!!!

hazy sweet church insence pheno oh so good...

Comment

Original Haze

Heres a few more Original Haze pic's at around 10 weeks and there really starting to pile on the resin now.

Plant a Seed
              &
              Free The Weed

https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/crazy-x-seeds/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Skunkman
                I can smell a vegetative Haze, but I do not use smell of vegetative plants to assist breeding. Now smells of flowering plants is a different matter. But to be honest it is not the smell as much as how the smells effect the high, when smoked.

-SamS
                High' Sam

Could you tell a bit more about this specific smells? would be really nice to see a description if it is possible to find the correct words for this special haze odor/flavor which is related with your most desired effect after the smoke.

Thanks for sharing the experience!
                Last edited by XyZ; 06-02-2008, 22:30.

Comment

How long does O.Haze take to show pre-flowers once initiated into 12/12

Here's the life of my O.Haze:

He started in DWC then it did good for the first week, but then the growth was slow and it did not react well to the Ph swings. Then, I put it in soil and it started to grow very well. The difficulties O.Haze had with DWC resulted in a loss of growth in the first 2 nodes after the first true leaves, which also resulted in tighter node spacing:

Here is the O.Haze in week 1 veg after 4 weeks of seedling stage:

Week 3 veg:

'Node spacing is still small, I guess I luck out?

3 weeks and 4 days veg before being topped:

4 weeks veg:

O.Haze initiated into 12/12 (I took two more clone, the bottom axial limbs, leaving only 4 axial limbs. The top axial limbs were only 2 inches before initiated into 12/12, now they are around 6" and it's been only 8 days of 12/12) :

I know everyone says do not veg at all with pure sats, but my circumstances were different and I did what I had to in the best interest of my plant. This is my first time growing a pure sativa, so maybe I'll be kicking my own ass for giving such a long veg time. If all hell breaks open I have clones that are just rooted. I am dedicating a whole chamber to my O.Haze that is around 6' tall and with plenty of space to grow. Any advice from sativa growers would be appreciated.

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Pure sats are vegging whether you like it or not till they sex. If you start out with 12/12, you are not budding from day one, you are only vegging in a megga stretched way till they are sexed.

Haze plants are well culled to ommit the resinless vegging phenos, they are not many, maybe 25%. But do well to get rid of them, all that don't smell like a high school metal shop in early veg are not whorth growing out ime.- T

Comment

Originally posted by TomHill
                      Haze plants are well culled to ommit the resinless vegging phenos, they are not many, maybe 25%. But do well to get rid of them, all that don't smell like a high school metal shop in early veg are not whorth growing out ime.- T
                      Thanks Tom ...excellent information... will have a nose on that :wink:

Comment

Don't get me wrong XyZ bruddah,

If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it. Recently, I made the mistake of releasing SAM'S Original Haze without his permission. I only learned it was truly his (via Positronic) in this thread here. I am hoping that he- as I- am only concernerned with continuing the line? & that nothing else much matters? Otherwise, he's a big guy & owes me a dotted eye

Comment

Tom, I have 5 Haze from your's that Raco has gave to me and a pack of Old Mendo Mix. I plan to grow those 5 seeds in winter inna greenhouse here in the mediterranian weather, I'll popped them in august as Dubi has told me for a better sex definition when I put them in soil. My question is, do those Haze grow and bloom well in winter in greenhouse?? With only 5 seeds I'll find the killer purple pheno I have seen in some of your pics??

When Raco, gave me those seeds, I have no words to explain how I feel...in the sky..or something like that.

Hope all goes well Tom!! Nice to read you again, always learning with you
                          There is a land far far away, there is no night there's only day look into the book of life and you will see that there's a land far far away!

JAH GUIDE !

Comment

The O. Haze I grew out was resinous in veg just like TomHill mentioned, but unfortunately there wasn't a very distinctive smell in veg. There is a smell now after 4 weeks of veg and two weeks of 12/12 that is very spicy and woody, but it still has not shown clearly visible signs of sex, however there are undetermined pre-flowers showing. edit: also, thanks TomHill for the knowledge and tips, I didn't know pure sativas would stretch bad if given 12/12 from seed, I was about to do that with the next O.Haze seed I planted thanks again.

OldPath
                            Last edited by OldPathBluSky; 06-09-2008, 08:56.

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by TomHill
                              Don't get me wrong XyZ bruddah,

If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it. Recently, I made the mistake of releasing SAM'S Original Haze without his permission. I only learned it was truly his (via Positronic) in this thread here. I am hoping that he- as I- am only concernerned with continuing the line? & that nothing else much matters? Otherwise, he's a big guy & owes me a dotted eye
                              i grew some of that haze tom , was astounded how similar it was to our local mango sativa ,,, real unripe mango smell about it , not sure how your metal shops smell .. hehe .. nice stuff ,,, the only sativa via internet that ive managed to reveg outdoors with the short hours we get ....

Comment

have had my best grows of the THOHaze straight cola, flowered from a 6-8 inch clone, let um get 12 inches and set real good in the cup, then bury it in a big pot so only 6 inches is pokin out.

36 to 48 inch finished plant. nice little xmas trees. other methods for me have been not so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X