What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
XyZ, ok, good to know you have your ways... just dropping my two cents; i have made some seeds too, and i have noticed that if one uses too many nutes when the seeds are forming, their shells come out a lot harder when one gives them a good feed, the ones with a light fed germinate and sprout a lot easier than those matured with too many nutes... anyway, i am sure your seeds will come out great.
have a good weekend indeed.
peace :)

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was a great weekend indeed... hope u enjoyed as well

about the seeds ..as already said... a medium with poor nutes will result in more less matured seeds. you are quasi indirectly saying my way is not good, but i know what i'm doing. don't know what happened with your seeds though. i would never start flushing while the seeds are forming (in fact i thought this was a joke:)

my seeds have 100% germ rates (just look around the forum:) and usually also germ faster than most other strains. dont see a relation between hard shells and poor germ rates. a seed should have a hard shell imo. my trick is, i grow organic in soil. & the seed production is primarily for myself, so i make an early pollination... and the result is a smaller number of seeds but all very big + well matured. actually the Sams 0.Haze seeds were one of the smallest i have ever seen, probably because he made over 10000 beans on 1 plant hehe' (germ was still ok tho... which is an indication for correct feeding:)

btw my goal in this thread was just to share some haze pics ...not lookin for repot or seedmaking advice... thanks anyway (*lol*)

pics from a haze/berry seed developing :D

peace & merry Xmas :rasta:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
you misunderstood me... i never said flush while your seeds are just starting to form... you posted on the 20th of december that by new year the seeds would be done, that is 12 days, not 4 weeks as you suggest... anyway, 12 days in a tiny container without nutes will for sure make the plant start to yellow up good and leaves would start to fall...
not that you do not know, to make a healthy seed you need to feed the plant properly, neither underfeed nor overfeed, all is good in due measure is all i am saying and that in my experience, too many nutes (as in the ones required to grow in tiny containers) result in seeds with harder shells which are harder to germinate, and it is not a joke nor my comment was meant to demean or offend you in any way, be good now.

Paz

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no i perfectly understand... just give up with your "many nutes - poor germ " theory cuz i'm not here to discus seed production till next year. you have absolutely 0 proof about your words ...so it's just blabla... and if you repead yourself a bit more, you may really believe it. probably you had some other problems with your seeds/shells/whatever ...who knowz... and who cares

obviously you also misunderstood me on this point; my seeds will be done for new year (yes just a few daze more:) but i was speaking in general when i said making seeds takes 4 weeks (think i write clear enough:)

what about making seeds in the open ground? my greenhouse is loaded with nutes for 3 years! the small batch of seeds i made first year was great, all big n' fat with super hard shells and all germ in less than 2 daze :D

anyway now please just share your haze experience or stop boring me with this seedy offtopic

have a nice day...

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am curious how one tells that a shell is harder from the next?
Are we simply using the germ rate as the indicator?
IMO, unless you have some sort of test, then determining how hard the seed shells are is nothing more than blind speculation.
Besides...seed hulls do not crack open to begin with. The issue of germination depends on the two halves separating, not the hulls cracking open.

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
XyZ said:
no i perfectly understand... just give up with your "many nutes - poor germ " theory cuz i'm not here to discus seed production till next year. you have absolutely 0 proof about your words ...so it's just blabla... and if you repead yourself a bit more, you may really believe it. probably you had some other problems with your seeds/shells/whatever ...who knowz... and who cares

obviously you also misunderstood me on this point; my seeds will be done for new year (yes just a few daze more:) but i was speaking in general when i said making seeds takes 4 weeks (think i write clear enough:)

what about making seeds in the open ground? my greenhouse is loaded with nutes for 3 years! the small batch of seeds i made first year was great, all big n' fat with super hard shells and all germ in less than 2 daze :D

anyway now please just share your haze experience or stop boring me with this seedy offtopic

have a nice day...

obviously you are not one to take some friendly advice oh you know it all and only one who has ever grown a sativa in a tiny cup lol...

oh and hoosier, when you try to squish a seed pressing it down against a table and the seed won't become moshed seed, then you have a pretty good idea that the seeds came out real hard, and when the same seeds do not germinate, well, you have a little more than speculation.

XyZ, ok, no more seedy seed talk, do not want to keep getting your panties in a twist... lol...

Paz

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well some people should learn that "help" is not really help if the other don't needz your advice. best is to give advice only when some1 is askin for help - this should be a golden rule on the forumz.

your veggy pics have nothing to do with making seeds, rather show us some haze in flowering :wink:

my greenhouse example should make all this b's clear. the plants there produced excellent beans, even if many nutes were still present in the ground at harvest time. (overall fat seeds with very hard shells & 100% germ rates in usually less than 48 hours:) Indoorz it's much same story actually.

now is some1 on the forum trying to teach me how to make seeds with hard shells but bad germ rates haha i'm loling my ass offf...

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am certain that each of you have the ability to show up the majority of people, when it comes to growing mj. We all have something we can give and take from one another.
Even during controversy, we can still be learning.
Too many assholes on the planet are wanting, and trying, to kill each other over differing opinions. Surely was are on a higher plane? Yes. I know we are.

IMO, the hardness of a seed can depend on many factors. And I think that moisture content may have much to do with it.
Take some of Sam's seeds for an example...now Sam has probably produced a larger amount of seeds in single runs than most seed makers would. That is just speculation from what I can gather from some of his grows.
Anywho...with such large runs, it may takes years for stock to reach a grower. I think the OHxsk1 and OTHxsk1 that have been given out for so long as freebies may be good examples. These seeds are going to have the minimum amount of moisture content, and as such may seem hard in stature, as well as being hard to pop.
But, the hardness of a seed is a coincidental event that can be dealt with as easy as any other situation we encounter in this sport. If we know we have a hard batch of seeds, for whatever reason, simply add seed scuffing to your regimen, and the problem of hard to germ seeds due to shell hardness, is no more.
Do we really even need to know the why, if we have the fix?

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
Do we really even need to know the why, if we have the fix?

do we really find it useful to know the why of many things in order to not have to fix a bunch of things that could have been forseen and prevented from ever happening? I think the answer is clearly yes, but that is just my opinion :kitty:

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
I am curious how one tells that a shell is harder from the next?
Are we simply using the germ rate as the indicator?

IMHO -> We shouldnt!!!

For me.. Haze based varieties have always had hard seeds :chin: I dont believe in the: hard seed/low germ theory, co´s my limited experience has always proved otherwise...

In fact.. I would think (again from my ->limited<- experience´s) that seeds with "soft" shell, dont give that great germ rates :2cents:

At the end of the day, all that counts is a happy farmer with viable seeds, eh?

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Herbalistic said:
IMHO -> We shouldnt!!!

For me.. Haze based varieties have always had hard seeds :chin: I dont believe in the: hard seed/low germ theory, co´s my limited experience has always proved otherwise...

In fact.. I would think (again from my ->limited<- experience´s) that seeds with "soft" shell, dont give that great germ rates :2cents:

At the end of the day, all that counts is a happy farmer with viable seeds, eh?

good day brother Herbalistic :)

there is a point where a seed that is too hard will simply not crack, a healthy seed has a softer more humid center, which becomes too hard when a plant is given big ammounts of Nitrogen, as in the ammount needed to keep a flowering sativa healthy and alive in a tiny cup. this is the whole comment I made and which made so many kids so upset lol... I never spoke of anyones greenhouse soil or whether they could or could not make seed... just pointing out that if you are making seed while your plant is experiencing massive root-restriction, then watch-out what you feed her if you want your seeds as healthy as you usually get them when not growing in a tiny pot.

regarding happy farmers with viable seeds, you are 100% right. but if kids do not want others to comment on what they do in their grow-ops, then do not post in a forum, it defeats the purpose :joint:

Paz

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we got 20 of sam's free seeds... grew a pack (5) out last summer outdoors. 3 fem's out of 5 ..all popped... trimmed them once early on, and by oct the fuker's were 12/14ft tall... real sativa-like... had to cut em after 70 odd days as frost was approaching.. did take cuttings, and tried em indoors... cut them too after 70days.. they probably could go double that... as to the smoke def nothing special, not worth smokin, but that could be due to the early cut, but we are not looking for 3-4 month plant..

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
0k some more matured hazy pics ...it's around 111 daze flowering now... comments are welcome but no' BS advice plz

1501230_12_08_007.jpg

1501230_12_08_020.jpg

15012hazy_mac1.JPG

15012haze_mac2.JPG

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
O.Haze indeed...this seed generation was produced from SamS...the plant is a nice thai pheno (like the girl in the background:)

bigherb

Veteran
xyz
damn i lov those thai chicks

those wispy fingers r sexy, just about everytime i get foxtailed haze buds its som special

I

igrohydro

I find ohaze amazing,took a draw lastnight and the taste was one which brought back memories from my years in A/Dam.Very rare.
The taste brought them for sure and what pleasant memories too.
Made me feel nostalgic in the best of ways!

Sorry bout the quality im still learning how to use the cam santa brought,fuker never left instructions. :joint: