What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

B

bakunin15

bigherb,

There are no heirloom genetics and there is no Piff line. Buy a pack of NL#5xHaze from sensi, grow select a manageable one and you'll have piff, do the same with Nev Haze and you'll have piff, same with Ohaze x skunk1, same with SSH, and Same with JH. See a pattern? Then some guys try to do it themselves, and to their suprise they realize that what Neville & Shantibaba created can easily be done by anyone...soon everyone does it with their own personal prefrences and uptown becomes notorious for great weed thats different then commercial you get from everywhere else. But they're all just clones found from 1 generation crosses, and no one is interested in developing a line, they're interested in making money selling weed, not making money selling "elite" clones or seeds.

My friend does not grow for the dominicans, he's an older hobby grower who is married to a dominican woman. He's a nobody that works as a super in a manahattan building and also owns a house upstate. He passes seeds of crosses he made to some of his wifes relatives and they make the selections of whats useable...some of this weed ends up in the purse's of some columbia university cuties. But there are so many that do it exactly this way.

If you got friends in Washington heights bigherb, you should not have any problems getting cuts of crosses. There are many many floating around, but they're all just OH crosses with interesting names slapped on it like "Quisqueya Haze" (smoked some of that last week def eleletric).

The funny thing is if you grow an OH on its own for smoke...its so fuckn wack, looks like spaghetti with pesto on it and it does not get you high like the crosses do...but find a proven OH breeder clone, make your own creations, and you'll have the best weed on your block.

bigherb

Veteran
bakunin15
im not tryin too argue but its hard to stomach how its like small tlk so easy u got it all figured out well thx for the story of the piffington u might go down in history wit chemdog.this discussion was probably 4 a piff thread if ur actually read wat ive said im turned off by this piff term its a lame marketing name.

you speak as if u know something i dont .piff is wack slang i wouldnt associate wit proven champion genetics as ones youve listed .ive agreed that there r uptown traits of taste n highs in strains youve mentioned.but if you know all of this y havnt u done it it can easily be done you say lol.wat crossed to wat o.h.?y arent you specific as to what lineages .

no heirloom genetics how anyone who got it twisted on this piff biz nyc haze just a reminder .organic cannabis hav endless counterparts of flavors n aromas n som out of this world all natural i lov it .these r perfect descriptions to help u beta understand our nyc haze.also y i believe we hold heirloom genetics n now hopfully our bro [artofmakingfire]

dj short strains of yesterday

Colombian Gold

The color and cure were unique, and the aroma, flavor and high were equally so. The smell was that of sandalwood incense, almost like frankincense. The flavor was that of a peppery cedar. It was some of the most unique tasting herb in the world, and the high was just as exciting. It was truly psychedelic, powerful and long lasting.

It was seeded, but most of the seeds were undeveloped, white and useless.sounds familiar?

Mexican
Highland Oaxaca

Highland Gold, somewhat similar to the Colombian Gold, lacked bright gold color but sported purple and red calyx tips on its blondish-brownish-green buds. It had larger buds surrounded by long, skinny leaves.

. It was some of my all-time favorite because the aroma and flavor were of a super-spicy cedar incense, in a very comfortable yet powerfully psychedelic pot.

sam.s hazemist description is similiar to som hybrids

bigherb,
"sam can u describe the ohaze smell n taste?"

Fruity, Sweet & Sour, Rootbeer, Cola, Chocolate, very /resinous hashy smell and taste

ive tasted all these flavors except rootbeer n fruit in uptown haze hybrids .but not flavors familiar in frankies our our best uptowns .you know it all were does the frankincense ,catpiss , spicy ,pepper,incense pheno crosses com from .fuc a name this frankie is the best haze ive eva smoked no ssh jh ive smoked in the dam could fuc wit it.

if half of wat u say is true you should help do more ,go tlk to artofmaking fire at his thread.

berlinweed

will I ever know?

will I ever know?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the board, and one main reason i registered is because I have the chance to ask my question to the pros!

Before I come to my question I would like to say that I live with it since 1993...maybe 1992, which marks my first visit to amsterdam. At that time I was a beginner and had only smoked normal weed and sometimes hush, nothing special.... but it was good enough to get high :joint:

But in amsterdam I had full access to all the sorts i read about and of course the better known coffeshops. On my last day I found the sensi coffeshop. I passed by several times, but it look so neutral that I missed it... till the last day. At that time they sold only prepacked gras, i think two sizes between 1,5 - and 3 gram or 25 / 50 gulden. I remember that the one I ordered was the first one on the menu card because it was the most expensive at this time and in the subtext it said " for the real haze connosseur" ... I do not rember the whole name of it, but part of the name was haze.

Nothing special you think? Well, the point is, I have never seen gras like this (and I have visited amsterdam many times since then and have grown my own ). It did not look like gras at all, it was very fluffy no real buds just small leaves and no cristals! It looked like it was plunged in sugar water so everything was even covered. Well, just like trees after an ice rain. And on it goes: I have never smoked/tasted something like it again. It smelled like burning a fir needle on xmas, a pine taste and smell, I didn´t liked it at the beginning..but at the end.
Everytime I pass a coffeshop there is the smell in all the smoke coming out. Sure it is a sativa, but I tried kalimist, nevilles haze, super silver haze, swazi skunk ...all at greenhouse and abraxas or blue bird etc but I never found something like this again.

Of course I looked at sensi one year later, but they stopped selling gras. And I did not ask because they were not friendly to me (just what I xperienced) and I do not expect to get an answer when I write them a mail.

So PLEASE help me out:
What was it I smoked? I thought to buy the original haze from the flying dutchman but than I said, NO it was sensi, so you can only find it there. I have grown mothers finest to find a haze pheno but too bad it was nice to smoke but not what I was looking for.

Maybe I should try northern lights/haze to get the pheno?

Will I ever taste it again?

I would be very happy to get a hint in which strain I can find this pheno!!

Thanks for any advice and...Best regards

berlinweed

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
WERR U GO WAT HAPPEN

machaze
The A5 Diesel pheno isn't gone, it is only the CG13 that is gone forever, all the other strains are still available like the A5 Mango - C5 - HPH and I hope the AG13,

I received them as clone from an old guy who is used to grow it for 21 years. He said they came from the U.S.A. travelling in a box of cigarettes as clone at the end of the seventies

so this is were nevil left off crazy ,so how come more work hasnt been done with these selections.if many dutchmen still hold these gems y arent crosses being made n clones passed around,how come we havnt seen any releases from seed companies at all.shanti is the only one who makes these available to us from nevilles haze.

im most interested in hashplanthaze not many companies offer hashplants esp not hph Y ?
hph i smoked in greenhouse was som of the best haze i eva smoked n the best haze ive eva smoked in the dam tied wit cannalope haze.interestingly franco from g.h. told me a older group of sativa growers supplied them wit this strain.so it seems to me its true these gems r still held on to by some but not enough.if these clones r still around then its about time to spread them before we lose more legendary strains

any info or smoke reports on these strains?

Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
Hi Sam - can you tell us anything more about your experience with South Indian strains --- your Kerala for example? any thoughts about the significance of strains in these regions --- also cultural context --- type of high etc. ?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
ngakpa said:
Hi Sam - can you tell us anything more about your experience with South Indian strains --- your Kerala for example? any thoughts about the significance of strains in these regions --- also cultural context --- type of high etc. ?

I was planning on asking the same thing.

I've understood that Indian haze (Haze mist) is Sams work somehow. Been working on the I haze for some time now, and the high is on another level compared to the likes of cinderella.

So you reckon South Indians form a separate gene pool from Himalayans and South East Asians?

Grunt

OHx Sk#1

OHx Sk#1

I recieved them as freebies. All 5 popped. Kept the best structured Female out of 3.
Sam, thank you very much for the freebies!! You just opened up a completely new window for me. Haze! It works wonders for my mind. I love it and will be giving your Old School Thai Haze x Sk#1 a go. Once again thanks for the freebies.

Last edited:

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Thanx for the freeby Sam....!!

I revegged a female and found a male on my last seed
Guess what i,m gonna make........

M

mexilandrace

Weed is more and more becoming like god, you believe in something special but you don't understand why.

Nature gave us many gifts, the names mean shit all, that is just man interfering.

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
LOL...Snap...!!!
(almost)

but yes.....straight Thunk F2's is what i got in mind.....

gotta love the electic , zap in the cranium that the ole thunk gives ya...
for some reason it doesnt last forever and it gives you enough time to recover if you need to level headed for some reason.....

LOL

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

Indian Haze x Lowryder #2 cross breed

This pheno didn't auto, although it leans more towards the lowryder parents.

F

Frank CadillaK

Hi there Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out? I was just wondering
which seeds were bigger the 'Thai-Haze x Skunk#1' or the 'OG-Haze x Skunk#1 Any help is appreciated!

Thanks -Take Care

Frank

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frank CadillaK said:
Hi there Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out? I was just wondering
which seeds were bigger the 'Thai-Haze x Skunk#1' or the 'OG-Haze x Skunk#1 Any help is appreciated!

Thanks -Take Care

Frank

From the looks of my packs, the Thais are bigger than the Originals .

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Thaze 5 pack had varying sizes in it. 3 what I consider medium sized seeds, one larger and one quite small. All exact as far as color and look.
FWIW, the larger seed was a male that had some resin on stalk, but very little glandular trics. The small seed was an almost didn't make the cut runt, that turned out to be a rich mango smelling sweetheart, of which I have it's fresh resin on my fingers as I type this, since a cut of her was the last of the outsiders that had to come down tonight.

Has anyone actually ever seen a plant that produces all the same size seeds? I know there is usually a theme but....

F

Frank CadillaK

Hey Thanks LG!

That's a big help because some how the two labels got messed up and I wasn't sure which one was which. Can't wait to try these one day!
Thanks again LG!

Take Care

Frank

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've asked before, and not really seen anything conclusive...
but, isn't the difference between the orig and the T hazes just phenotype? Aren't the moms sisters, just different phonetic expressions of the same plant?
And considering that Sam may have produced tens of thousands of each of these, is it a safe bet that size could determine what Cadillak has?
I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Did it not raise any questions in your mind when I described seeing three distinct sizes of seeds in my pack, Cad?

Last edited:
F

Frank CadillaK

HD,

Yes your right, I do see some small variation in the seed size amongst the individual seeds in two batches but there is a distinct difference in the general size between the two for sure. As for the history/backround of the 2 I know nothing really,so I guess I'm off to see what info I can find on the boards. Thanks for the help guys!

Take Care !

Frank

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Haze seeds are really small and most of the thai/south east asian seeds i've got are alot bigger,so at a guess the smallest will be the OG haze x sk#1,but thats just a guess.

Last edited:
F

Frank CadillaK

Thanks M ,

That helps too. That's the way I have them labeled now.

Take care !

Frank C

Latest posts

Latest posts